+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
Just collect enough after marriage proofs talks on WhatsApp phone logs chats can be sensual or anything to show this is not for visa. I think they know people in East marry via arrange marriages. Keep track to show the genuineness of marriage. Photos your marriage certificates.. You should be fine. Read the forums thoroughly and read what others have done. You not alone.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I applied for outland spousal sponsorship application in October 2020. Today I called IRCC and received temporary application number. Can this temporary number be used for submitting webforms? We do not have UCI number for the principal applicant.
Anyone in similar boat before?

deeds

Mar 3, 2020
everyone, hope you are all well and healthy.

We applied for my Outland - PR Jan 2020, and got DM in Dec 2020 where they requested copy of new passport, picture and a return envelope sent to London UK (i live in Denmark with my family and my wife is a Canadian citizen.)

Now we are as far as i can see close to pulling the trigger and we are getting excited. But i cant figure out what happens next, do i get an email, or will that return envolope all of a sudden just dump through the mailbox or what will happen next.

And can anyone in covid times take wild guess as to when something will happen?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
everyone, hope you are all well and healthy.

We applied for my Outland - PR Jan 2020, and got DM in Dec 2020 where they requested copy of new passport, picture and a return envelope sent to London UK (i live in Denmark with my family and my wife is a Canadian citizen.)

Now we are as far as i can see close to pulling the trigger and we are getting excited. But i cant figure out what happens next, do i get an email, or will that return envolope all of a sudden just dump through the mailbox or what will happen next.

And can anyone in covid times take wild guess as to when something will happen?

You'll either get an email with a COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) or more likely a physical copy by whatever postal service you used with photos attached.

After that you book your flight and go to Canada. You'll have to work out the airline arrangements like eta, docs to show you are married and exempt as immediate family. When you arrive, you present that copr doc and do the 'landing' process. Also take note of the quarantine and covid testing rules, probably amongst the most importnat.

deeds

Mar 3, 2020
You'll either get an email with a COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) or more likely a physical copy by whatever postal service you used with photos attached.

After that you book your flight and go to Canada. You'll have to work out the airline arrangements like eta, docs to show you are married and exempt as immediate family. When you arrive, you present that copr doc and do the 'landing' process. Also take note of the quarantine and covid testing rules, probably amongst the most importnat.

Thank you, we supplied a return envelope but we it said it couldn't be currier specific,. Which also worries me that they will use UK Royal mail and Danish postnord which are both untracked and I don't even know if or when they will send that document?

They've had the documents since Dec 14. If we lived in a non covid world how Kong would you think it too before we got that paper?

Marseluhu

Jan 13, 2021
Hi,
I am Georgian, married to Canadian. Months ago we applied for TRV, which got refused. Now we are filling sponsorship family class application and after this we are thinking to do TRV again.
Meanwhile, currently we are in my home country, but we are planning to go to Rwanda, where my husband and me have a project to do.
What is your recommendation? Apply for sponsorship from here and TRV when we are in Rwanda? Our idea is to wait 1 year for sponsorship approval, and while it's processing to go in Canada via TRV (we want to go there as fast as we can to meet my husband's family) or apply for TRV and while we are in Canada, submit sponsorship documents? But if we do inland, then I can't stay more than 6 months, till the sponsorship application results?
And another question is - do we need to fill sponsorship documents and PR application separately or it's all combined together?
Thank you all for helpful information.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys
i (i am permanent resident sponsoring my wife using the outland application) was filling out IMM1344E form and i had doubts about the below
1) if you found ineligible what you want to do withdraw or proceed .. how could one proceed even though he is not eligible..what should i select there .
2) is there a co-signer .. did not understand what a co-signer is .....am recently married and we have no kids and no other family member sponsored apart from my wife so what should i select .
3) i was asked highest education and number of years completed so that means the number of years of my postgraduation which is 3 years or is it total number of education years which is 22.
4) in the address history --should i mention the addresses also for the months i visited india for vacation for 1 month in 2018 and 2019 and 2020.

Can anyone please help with above

Last edited:

nav586

Jun 10, 2019
hey Everyone,

i have question that i am PR in canada. i did common law in 2019 in canada but i got married to person who is in india. while applying for my spouse , should i need to mention about my common law in paper work. My spouse don't know about my past common law status.

or does cic ask any question to my spouse about my common law. Please advise.