+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello dear Members,

I have question regarding #7 on checklist proof of relationship to sponsor
I am currently living with my spouse in the country of origin, but I do not have any rental agreements or bills to prove so wondering proving cic with photos of wedding and different occasions along with identity documents issued by the local government would be enough or am I required to provide with chats translated as well.
You are a Canadian Citizen living abroad?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Friends, I submitted a webform today to upload a document for outland spousal sponsorship application. I am the sponsor, currently a PR in Canada and principal applicant is in India. After entering her information in the 'Applicant' section and my info in 'Enquirer' section and after uploading the document, I was directed to final step. In this step, they asked to enter the email address and date of birth to protect identity. I am not sure whose email address and DOB they want us to enter. I entered mine. Now i am wondering if I should have entered my wife's email and DOB since she is the applicant. Anyone here been in similar situation? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I had similar experience and yes it is very confusing at the end part, they should write it bit clearly . I put my DOB as it asks but reply came in showing wife's name and my DOB. So it should be applicant's DOB at the end email should not matter

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello dear Members,

I have question regarding #7 on checklist proof of relationship to sponsor
I am currently living with my spouse in the country of origin, but I do not have any rental agreements or bills to prove so wondering proving cic with photos of wedding and different occasions along with identity documents issued by the local government would be enough or am I required to provide with chats translated as well.
Walk through the checklist carefully. It provides guidance on what combinations of things work.

It depends on whether you are married, or common-law, and whether other supporting documents work.

You can always add eg a letter of explanation why you don't have some docs, but unless very convincing, that probably won't be enough to substitute for the other things they request.

Note: insufficient evidence always creates delays. You don't always need to provide more than what they require, but if some part of it is objectively weak, explain why and compensate a bit in other ways.

No-one can precisely answer what works in your case - but the difference between married and common law can be very important.

nouman.mohd

Jul 4, 2017
Hi I am on PGWP in Canada till 2023 and been working for the last 11 months on full-time role, My wife applied for SOWP but can't get appointment in India due to the FCP(Family Class Priority) and SP (Study Permit) classes are only open.

Is there anything could be done from our side as the application is SOWP but the online appointment window considers it as worker.

https://ibb.co/kytY3ts

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I am on PGWP in Canada till 2023 and been working for the last 11 months on full-time role, My wife applied for SOWP but can't get appointment in India due to the FCP(Family Class Priority) and SP (Study Permit) classes are only open.

Is there anything could be done from our side as the application is SOWP but the online appointment window considers it as worker.

https://ibb.co/kytY3ts
Are you asking about biometrics? If so, the only other option right now would be to fly to Dubai to get biometrics done. India is not open for SOWP applicants.

Reactions: nouman.mohd

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
I have a question. I got the CSQ in March 2019. The expiration date is on March 2021. We still didnt get the PPR.. If we will get it after March 2021, can we still enter in Canada with an expired CSQ?

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
Hi. I need help. If someone wants to take Gckey login information from their lawyer, do they need to fill “cancel representative form” as well?

frange

May 25, 2018
I have a question. I got the CSQ in March 2019. The expiration date is on March 2021. We still didnt get the PPR.. If we will get it after March 2021, can we still enter in Canada with an expired CSQ?
CSQ is not a federal document, it's provincial. Its purpose is to have Quebec benefits only such as school, health card, driver licence. You have to keep it even expired, it's very important for administrative process in Quebec. Without it, it could be difficult to get some advantages or benefits in Quebec.

Once visa approved, you don't need it anymore for federal since it doesn't have any travel or federal purpose. It is only administrative in Quebec.

Sabbir.poonam

Apr 2, 2020
I want to know reasons behind returning the spousal application. I made a mistake. Didn’t write postal code on Additional family information form (IMM 5406). Is it will be a reason for return my file?

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
if you did a Gxkey account the representative will be automatically canceled . that’s what i know
Oh okay. My friend wanted to take Gckey account from their representative. They just wanted to know if they have to fill “Cancel Representative Form”.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
CSQ is not a federal document, it's provincial. Its purpose is to have Quebec benefits only such as school, health card, driver licence. You have to keep it even expired, it's very important for administrative process in Quebec. Without it, it could be difficult to get some advantages or benefits in Quebec.

Once visa approved, you don't need it anymore for federal since it doesn't have any travel or federal purpose. It is only administrative in Quebec.
Perfect! Thank you