Spousal sponsorship

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi. How long does it usually takes for the whole process after getting the File No. (AOR)
Please share if any ideas on this.
Thanks
According to my experience it took average 7 to 10 months after getting AOR1 to PPR by NDVO. This time can change depending on no. of applications,V.O. ? workload, COVID, FILE TRANSFERRED directly to VO OR NOT? and lot of other factors. No ONE can give you a sure shot time frame here :)

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Oh okay. My friend wanted to take Gckey account from their representative. They just wanted to know if they have to fill “Cancel Representative Form”.
Hello,
No, you don’t fill any form. It depends on lawyer, some lawyers give info about the gckey to the client and some don’t give!

I also have the representative, she gave me the login info as well, and she herself also checks on my behalf.

As a matter of fact, when I received my pre-arrival, I checked my GCKEY account (which I check every day);
and the next morning, my lawyer sent me the same letter that was in the account.

So, we both have access to the account.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
Hello,
No, you don’t fill any form. It depends on lawyer, some lawyers give info about the gckey to the client and some don’t give!

I also have the representative, she gave me the login info as well, and she herself also checks on my behalf.

As a matter of fact, when I received my pre-arrival, I checked my GCKEY account (which I check every day);
and the next morning, my lawyer sent me the same letter that was in the account.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Oh okay. Thank you so much for your help.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Wow, I think that doesn't happen very often that the lawyer/rep will give their sign in info to the applicant. Consider yourself very lucky!!

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

I am about to send my wife's Outland application. I have a question.

My wife's surname on her passport is misspelt (last letter of surname is O) - but in all of her other national identity documents and bank accounts, the last letter on her surname is V.

We have created an affidavit explaining this situation. I hope this will not create any issues?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi,

I am about to send my wife's Outland application. I have a question.

My wife's surname on her passport is misspelt (last letter of surname is O) - but in all of her other national identity documents and bank accounts, the last letter on her surname is V.

We have created an affidavit explaining this situation. I hope this will not create any issues?
May apply with LOE re; PPT however it is strongly recommended to go to PPT office and apply for a modified PPT and explain te same in your LOE to IRCC

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I have a
May apply with LOE re; PPT however it is strongly recommended to go to PPT office and apply for a modified PPT and explain te same in your LOE to IRCC
My wife has an existing ongoing TRV application that will be affected if we modify this current passport.

If an affidavit and LOE is going to take care of this, I dont want to get into the hassle of changing passports.

Her passport surname is Gurao. And all her documents spell it as Gurav. That is the only difference.

emefkay

Oct 2, 2020
Hello Everyone fairly new on this forum.
My sister applied for her spouse in September, the file was delivered on Sept 21 through Fedex.
How long does it usually take to get a reply from CIC that they have received the application.

emefkay

Oct 2, 2020
hello everyone
I am from india, my husband is PR in canada and he applied for my immigration on outland basis in september, so far from sept no one has received the AOR. I just want to if someone have some info regarding by what time they will start processing sept files
Same with Us we submitted application in September 2020 as of yet no response.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I have a

My wife has an existing ongoing TRV application that will be affected if we modify this current passport.

If an affidavit and LOE is going to take care of this, I dont want to get into the hassle of changing passports.

Her passport surname is Gurao. And all her documents spell it as Gurav. That is the only difference.
OK seems a clerical mistake. Hopefully they will write correct spellings on PR records or VISA but travelling with older PPT will or can be a problem as they are very strict with names. If you get VISA with her same name as on the PPT she can easily travel. Airlines will or may not allow to board if VISA and PPT name is not the same :(

Last edited:
Reactions: lucky1990

Sharmaprakhar

May 5, 2019
Hi I am new to the group..

Will be really greatful if someone can assist me a bit....

I am a Permanent Resident.... Have very recently got married in my home country in Oct and landed back in December.... My spouse is in my Home Country... I have forwarded her Sponsorship file earlier this month to Sydeny Office.... Can anyone let me know the timelines and future course of action....