+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

dee.d26

Nov 14, 2020
Hello,

I am currently completing an outland spousal application. I am in the process of writing the letter to prove intent on returning to Canada, but was wondering if there's a specific format or someone I need to address it to.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Nov 14, 2020
Hello, need a help
Application applied- July 15 2020
Application received - July 21 2020
But didn't receive any messege or reply from IRCC yet. No file no. received
What should I do next?

Frustrated_Trudeau

Nov 14, 2020
Hi guys,

Help!! Here is my Spousal sponsorship timeline:
Applied: January 10, 2020
App received by IRCC: January 16, 2020
Biometric done - February 15, 2020
Medical done - February 21, 2020
Application moved to New Delhi processing center - March 02, 2020
Estimated time provided for completion - Jan 16, 2021
% completed - 83% so far.

Is it only my application or are there other people who applied sometime in Jan, Feb or March 2020 facing a similar issue? Its so frustrating not knowing what is going on with my application.

Also, I heard that IRCC is expediting visitor visa process for immediate family members? Anyone else gone through the visitore visa process for their spouses while the sponsorship process is ongoing?

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not at all clear what you are asking.
I'm sorry if it's confusing. The question is;

Is the spouse able to take over the application if the primary applicant is not able to complete the requirement to apply for Permanent residency (not able to pass the proficiency exam, after numerous attempts). They just want to know their options.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm sorry if it's confusing. The question is;

Is the spouse able to take over the application if the primary applicant is not able to complete the requirement to apply for Permanent residency (not able to pass the proficiency exam, after numerous attempts). They just want to know their options.

Thank you
Your question is still confusing. I don't know what you mean by 'take over the application'. What kind of application?

I assume you are not asking about Family Class Sponsorship and you are posting in the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for people who are already Canadian citizens or PRs and are sponsoring their family members for PR.

If you are asking about apply for PR through Express Entry or PNP, either spouse can be the primary applicant in the application. However if one spouse has already received a PNP nomination, you cannot switch the application to the other spouse.

Anyway, I don't know if this answers your question. Your post continues to be unclear.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your question is still confusing. I don't know what you mean by 'take over the application'. What kind of application?

I assume you are not asking about Family Class Sponsorship and you are posting in the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for people who are already Canadian citizens or PRs and are sponsoring their family members for PR.

If you ask about PR through Express Entry or PNP, either spouse can be the primary applicant in the application. However, if one spouse has already received a PNP nomination, you cannot switch the application to the other spouse.

Anyway, I don't know if this answers your question. Your post continues to be unclear.
Thank you for your response. I'm probably in the wrong thread, my bad. I think you have answered the question, though. All we want to know are the options they have for applying PR. Thank you and sorry to bother you.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
hi there,
anyone applied or suggest to apply for visitor spouse visa under dual intent after applying for spousal outland application.
If yes, should i at least wait for AOR1 to apply for visitor or it doesn't matter as long as i can prove that my spouse will return back under TRV.
thank you.

Reactions: SViyesha

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi there,
anyone applied or suggest to apply for visitor spouse visa under dual intent after applying for spousal outland application.
If yes, should i at least wait for AOR1 to apply for visitor or it doesn't matter as long as i can prove that my spouse will return back under TRV.
thank you.
Doesn't matter in the sense that won't harm future application. Demonstrating spouse will return under TRV is the primary criteria anyway.

So you can apply now and then apply after AOR1 received as well.

Reactions: cj7

Soheilsm

Nov 16, 2020
Hello there .i have a question
I married my spouse couple month ago and we already applied for his PR.
I just got approved for ODSP in Ontario.i am wondering if we can received the income as couple or I should get it as single person .im not sure if this will effect his proses to get his Pr. He already have work permit and working fulltime
Thanks

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hello there .i have a question
I married my spouse couple month ago and we already applied for his PR.
I just got approved for ODSP in Ontario.i am wondering if we can received the income as couple or I should get it as single person .im not sure if this will effect his proses to get his Pr. He already have work permit and working fulltime
Thanks
Hi, if Odsp is anything like social assistance, so they will cancel your assistance if your spouse makes more money than Odsp would give to a couple, so be prepared for that. Not sure what you mean get Odsp as a couple if he has a job he isn't on social assistance.
It will not however affect his PR process because Odsp is not a reason to deny sponsorship according to Ircc. Basically whats happen is you are getting married to sponsor your spouse but as a result you will lose all or part your Odsp depending on your new spouse's income. I think that's how it works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: singleman

Levi1337

Mar 24, 2020
My wife applied to spouse Sponsorship me at 6th of April, since then we got no confirmation, no calls, no emails. literally nothing? is that normal ? We don't even know if they have received our paperwork yet.

Reactions: J20190911

Soheilsm

Nov 16, 2020
Hi, if Odsp is anything like social assistance, so they will cancel your assistance if your spouse makes more money than Odsp would give to a couple, so be prepared for that. Not sure what you mean get Odsp as a couple if he has a job he isn't on social assistance.
It will not however affect his PR process because Odsp is not a reason to deny sponsorship according to Ircc. Basically whats happen is you are getting married to sponsor your spouse but as a result you will lose all or part your Odsp depending on your new spouse's income. I think that's how it works. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thank you.