+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Kunke Tee

Dec 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently submitted my application last week, unknowingly to me that ircc has reviewed their spousal sponsorship form. Will they return my application or what can I do at this stage? Thanks in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

I recently submitted my application last week, unknowingly to me that ircc has reviewed their spousal sponsorship form. Will they return my application or what can I do at this stage? Thanks in advance.
The forms should have dates. If you used a recent / most recent one before the new one, you are probably fine - particularly if the new one is dated, say, september or october. No guarantees though.

Reactions: Kunke Tee

Levi1337

Mar 24, 2020
My wife applied to spouse Sponsorship me at 6th of April, since then we got no confirmation, no calls, no emails. literally nothing? is that normal ? We don't even know if they have received our paperwork yet.

solamatins

Nov 11, 2018
Application sent 8 AUG 2020
Application received 11 AUG 2020

Got AOR, Biometrics and Medical on same day 11 NOV 2020. How can i give biometrics because VAC are closed in INDIA. What should i do now, anybody help pls
Please is this inland or outland Spousal application?

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
My applicantion was delivered on March 25th and I just have the temporary file number as of now. I have called IRCC multiple times and was told to just wait for an email for applicant number. But in Oct, I was told that all my documents are completed and should be getting an AOR very soon.

My MP requested for an update about a week before and was told my application is vertification ( The criminality verifications are in process). Could you guys please tell me how long does it take to complete the criminality verifications of the sponser.

Reactions: J20190911

Can441

Nov 2, 2020
Hello everyone, just had 2 questions; one is a little more general, the second not so much:

My wife (PA) just received an email from CPC requesting Police Certificate (they did not request it to be sent out with the application). Our application (outland) was received by them on March 25th.

1. We received no AOR, yet we were able to link the application today using IRCC website. Is that normal? I (the sponsor) was able to link it using my wife's details (PA).
2. Does anyone know the procedure for getting the police certificate in Saudi Arabia? According to the website, it mentions the following

"A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, the letter will give you the address to the police headquarters where you must go and apply in person."

She is a citizen of Saudi Arabia and is currently living there. The problem is that there was no 'police certificate request letter' sent out to her by mail. Can she just present the email content to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Just received AOR

Last edited:

p86shah

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
My wife applied to spouse Sponsorship me at 6th of April, since then we got no confirmation, no calls, no emails. literally nothing? is that normal ? We don't even know if they have received our paperwork yet.

Hi There,

I think you should contact CIC 1888-242-2100

Once you are prompted to select options use 2-1-1-0

manasa323

Nov 17, 2020
Hi All,

Thank you for your time in answering this question.I have Canada PR and got married recently.I am planning to apply dependent PR for my husband.Currently, he is living in India and he has applied for Police clearance certificate. We came to know that from September 1 it became mandatory that we need to update our spouse name in passport. So, he has booked appointment to get the spouse name updated in the passport.Do, I have to give lastname as my spouse's family name (or) can I use my maiden name there? Note: In our marriage certificate, my lastname is changed to spouse's family name. But, all my documents are with my Maiden name. Am bit confused here.Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Manasa

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We came to know that from September 1 it became mandatory that we need to update our spouse name in passport. So, he has booked appointment to get the spouse name updated in the passport.Do, I have to give lastname as my spouse's family name (or) can I use my maiden name there? Note: In our marriage certificate, my lastname is changed to spouse's family name.
Not sure I understand - he is changing spouse name in his passport? My points below assume your passport and other docs do not reflect you taking your spouse's name (apart from the marriage certificate).

I would suggest you use lastname as whatever the vast majority of your documents have. Surely the marriage certificate must indicate your maiden name in addition to your name after marriage?

If you think necessary, you can include a short letter of explanation that some Indian docs have you taking your spouse's last name but that you have not (yet) changed your name legally in Canada.

manasa323

Nov 17, 2020
Yes, for PCC they asked him to update the spouse name in his passport.My marriage certificate has a line saying that before marriage was this name(name + maiden name) after marriage the name is(name + husband’s s family name).I think the above suggestion you made helps me further.I will write the letter explaining it along with the application .Thank you so much for your advice.

Reactions: armoured

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hello everyone, just had 2 questions; one is a little more general, the second not so much:

My wife (PA) just received an email from CPC requesting Police Certificate (they did not request it to be sent out with the application). Our application (outland) was received by them on March 25th.

1. We received no AOR, yet we were able to link the application today using IRCC website. Is that normal? I (the sponsor) was able to link it using my wife's details (PA).
2. Does anyone know the procedure for getting the police certificate in Saudi Arabia? According to the website, it mentions the following

"A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, the letter will give you the address to the police headquarters where you must go and apply in person."

She is a citizen of Saudi Arabia and is currently living there. The problem is that there was no 'police certificate request letter' sent out to her by mail. Can she just present the email content to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Just received AOR
I had same issues linking it, such a pain and took forever but when I log in nothing works. As long as you can see things correctly. Should not be an issue.
Send an email to the Embassy in Riyadh and they will email you the letter. I did not get one for my wife either but then sent a letter to the Embassy and they emailed it to me. They did give her some trouble since they said it's a print out and how can they believe it's real or not even after showing the email. Maybe easier for your wife since she a Saudi Citizen since mine is just an Iqama.

Reactions: Can441

Can441

Nov 2, 2020
I had same issues linking it, such a pain and took forever but when I log in nothing works. As long as you can see things correctly. Should not be an issue.
Send an email to the Embassy in Riyadh and they will email you the letter. I did not get one for my wife either but then sent a letter to the Embassy and they emailed it to me. They did give her some trouble since they said it's a print out and how can they believe it's real or not even after showing the email. Maybe easier for your wife since she a Saudi Citizen since mine is just an Iqama.
Which email did you use? And what did you include in that email?
She went to MOFA, but they said she needs a letter as well.

Last edited:

Can441

Nov 2, 2020
When you say 'they did give her trouble', are you referring to MOFA in Riyadh?

framscrim

Dec 27, 2011
So finally, after long months of waiting we got an update. IRCC still need more information from us and here it is:

> Military Records: As per information provided on your IMM5669 - Schedule A Background/Declaration form, you indicated you are an active member of the Philippines military. Please provide additional information on the end date of your service. If possible, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Note that you must have an end date of service and documentation to support this from your employer. This must be received at this office by:

Does anyone know what document we can provide as my husband is still actively serving the military?

Thanks