+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi does anyone know if i should submit even my wife's and child passport together with my passport after receiving PPR? (she is the sponsor and will be accompanying me to Canada, my child is canadian citizen as well).
No, Canadian citizens don't submit passports to get permanent resident docs - they're already citizens.

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
No, Canadian citizens don't submit passports to get permanent resident docs - they're already citizens.
What about mentioning their names in the Appendix A that i will submit with my passport, will this raise any issue since their passports won't be submitted? Should i write names however for spouse, child?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What about mentioning their names in the Appendix A that i will submit with my passport, will this raise any issue since their passports won't be submitted? Should i write names however for spouse, child?
I don't understand what you're asking. Read the instructions carefully and do that.

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
Don't reply if you don't understand

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
You should answer this question honestly. I would recommend that you also provide additional evidence to show that your relationship is real and ongoing (i.e. provide relationship evidence that covers the last two years).

Why haven't you seen each other for 2 years? This is probably why IRCC has concerns. They are looking to confirm the relationship is genuine.
@scylla: If I didn’t miss anything, IRCC has only asked about the missing traditional marriage here and not for a reason of not meeting up in-person for 2 years. Traditional marriage they usually ask and is to figure out if both families are in support or not.
@sophie1

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla: If I didn’t miss anything, IRCC has only asked about the missing traditional marriage here and not for a reason of not meeting up in-person for 2 years. Traditional marriage they usually ask and is to figure out if both families are in support or not.
@sophie1
You're right on paper. However OP's case isn't straight forward. I think OP needs to look ahead to where this may be going and try to head that off at the pass. That's what I would be doing.

If OP was simply missing a traditional marriage and everything else was 'normal', that would be one thing (just one red flag) and I would agree with your approach. However the OP is missing a traditional marriage and hasn't seen her husband in two years. That's going to be a second huge red flag to IRCC and is the sort of thing that can make them question if this is a marriage of convenience. It's not normal for a couple not to see each other for 2 years. I understand COVID has created challenges over the last 8 months. However that still leaves well over a year where the OP chose not to travel to visit her spouse.

This is why I've recommended that OP provide additional evidence from the past two years to show the relationship is real and ongoing. I would personally be concerned that IRCC is heading downt the path of a PFL or interview. I would personally be trying to head this off at the pass by providing additional evidence of the relatioship. Just my opinion of course.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
You're right on paper. However OP's case isn't straight forward. I think OP needs to look ahead to where this may be going and try to head that off at the pass. That's what I would be doing.

If OP was simply missing a traditional marriage and everything else was 'normal', that would be one thing (just one red flag) and I would agree with your approach. However the OP is missing a traditional marriage and hasn't seen her husband in two years. That's going to be a second huge red flag to IRCC and is the sort of thing that can make them question if this is a marriage of convenience. It's not normal for a couple not to see each other for 2 years. I understand COVID has created challenges over the last 8 months. However that still leaves well over a year where the OP chose not to travel to visit her spouse.

This is why I've recommended that OP provide additional evidence from the past two years to show the relationship is real and ongoing. I would personally be concerned that IRCC is heading downt the path of a PFL or interview. I would personally be trying to head this off at the pass by providing additional evidence of the relatioship. Just my opinion of course.
I understand what you are suggesting here, to make a safe move in one go, but what would be the message IRCC be seeing? The question is if a marriage in the presence of relatives was done or not but the answer would be call records and gifts receipts? What’s the right way to draft the message?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I understand what you are suggesting here, to make a safe move in one go, but what would be the message IRCC be seeing? The question is if a marriage in the presence of relatives was done or not but the answer would be call records and gifts receipts? What’s the right way to draft the message?
They suspect all. 1000s of inter-cast Marriages are done in India without any Ceremonies or relatives, who have nothing to do with any immigration. And I have personally seen FAKERS came here with all kind of relatives , parties and gatherings shown up in the fake marriages ; they divorced ASAP then sponsored real partner and are happily living here. There is no fool proof method of catching mocs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would answer the questions IRCC has asked about the formal marriage ceremony.

Then as a separate paragraph, I would say something like: I have included additional and more recent evidence of my relationship with my husband. I look forward to my husband's application being approved so that he can join me in Canada very soon. (or something like that)

Reactions: muscletech

amom

Nov 6, 2020
Hello all,

Application received November 5th, 2019
AOR1 November 27th, 2019
Sponsor Approval September 28th, 2020
Medical Exam request september 28th, 2020
Medical Exam passed October 8th, 2020
Biometrics completed back in 2018
Application moved to CPC Ottawa October 13th, 2020
Application started processing October 22nd, 2020 status on ECAS
Invitation to Pre-Arrival services October 24th, 2020
Decision made October 27th, 2020

Waiting for PPR still...

Anyone received PPR from Ottawa recently?

jacksmith1980

Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a question: I am a Canadian citizen and applying for my wife to be sponsored outland. We have a son together (born outside of Canada, but I requested a proof of citizenship already). The question is - should I include my son as a dependent in the "Generic Application to Canada" (at the end of the form)? My understanding is that you do not include information about children who are already Canadian citizens, so I shouldn't include him in the form.

Q2: In this form, "Generic Application to Canada", if I am only sponsoring my wife and assuming my understanding from the previous question is correct, what should be a number of family members (i.e. question #3 in the form). I presume it should be "2" - myself + my wife.

Thank you

jyy

Nov 6, 2020
Hi,
I have a question.Please help.
I am applying for common law sponsorship. My common law partner is legally separated and has filed for divorce from his previous spouse..I have ample amount of proof for cohabitation and proof of relationship. So my question is that in form imm1344 question 8 asks about the status of sponsor - So the status should be legally separated or common law relationship (as we are in common law relationship right now ). Thanks in advance.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
I would answer the questions IRCC has asked about the formal marriage ceremony.

Then as a separate paragraph, I would say something like: I have included additional and more recent evidence of my relationship with my husband. I look forward to my husband's application being approved so that he can join me in Canada very soon. (or something like that)
@sophie1 FYI..