+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi I got aor for my spouse but i have one concern in background declaration form i put she is house wife but she is teacher in private college. Is this can affect my application..
Submit a web form ASAP explaining you were reviewing your app and realized your mistake, attach a corrected form with it. We can all make mistakes, hopefully it won't be a problem

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
hey hope everyone is doing good.
What is the difference between AOR1 and sponsor approval SA?
Acknowledgment of application received by IRCC and approval for sponsor’s eligibility to apply for sponsorship for the type of application received by IRCC.

Reactions: cj7

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I just received a letter from New delhi office regarding my file.

They are asking if we have any plan to have proper marriage with rituals and realtives.
If we have done already please provide pictures from both side and also post marriage pictures of outing.

Me and husband did a small ceremony without knowing our family. Our family doesn't support us because we are from different religions.
Our relationship is 7year long and I mentioned everything in the file and attched all the pictures we had together.
We went for our honeymoon in Maldives I also attched those pictures.
I am so worried what to do now I don't have anything else.
Please advice what should I do I haven't seen my husband it's been almost 2 year.
My file was showing 100% done but now this new problem.

Anyone came across this situation please share.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I just received a letter from New delhi office regarding my file.

They are asking if we have any plan to have proper marriage with rituals and realtives.
If we have done already please provide pictures from both side and also post marriage pictures of outing.

Me and husband did a small ceremony without knowing our family. Our family doesn't support us because we are from different religions.
Our relationship is 7year long and I mentioned everything in the file and attched all the pictures we had together.
We went for our honeymoon in Maldives I also attched those pictures.
I am so worried what to do now I don't have anything else.
Please advice what should I do I haven't seen my husband it's been almost 2 year.
My file was showing 100% done but now this new problem.

Anyone came across this situation please share.

Thank you
You should answer this question honestly. I would recommend that you also provide additional evidence to show that your relationship is real and ongoing (i.e. provide relationship evidence that covers the last two years).

Why haven't you seen each other for 2 years? This is probably why IRCC has concerns. They are looking to confirm the relationship is genuine.

Reactions: singleman

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
You should answer this question honestly. I would recommend that you also provide additional evidence to show that your relationship is real and ongoing (i.e. provide relationship evidence that covers the last two years).

Why haven't you seen each other for 2 years? This is probably why IRCC has concerns. They are looking to confirm the relationship is genuine.

Thank you for your response.
we were planning to see other on our anniversary then Covid happened.
On other hand I was hoping to get result on file so that we can be together.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response.
we were planning to see other on our anniversary then Covid happened.
On other hand I was hoping to get result on file so that we can be together.
It's still a long time to go without seeing each other. Even without COVID, it sounds like you went over a year without seeing each other in person.

I would recommend you answer IRCC's questions honestly and provide evidence to show your ongoing relationship over the last two years.

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone, are application February 21 2020 , today l called immigration and are application move to China Shanghai I did not understand why because my husband from Turkey. ( she told me it can be any country they can move )

Done the medical and biometric in September
Anyone knows why???
In Turkey is openI really confused

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does any one know when is vfs opening in India my spouse is waiting to give biometrics is it possible to get visa without biometrics please tell
No - it's not possible to get visa without biometrics.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
No - it's not possible to get visa without biometrics.
unless Immi Minister changes rules that Visa is issued with a condition to have Biometircs done within 90 days of arrival in Canada

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Dears
I have a question with regards to 'proof of relationship to sponsor' in the checklist form IMM5533.
My spouse and I (the sponsor) live together but I am not able to prove it with the documents they asked since we live in the UAE and basically we don't get any mails .
So I have to submit a detailed explanation why. Can anyone help me with the this letter and what I need to say?!
Many thanks to all of you!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone, are application February 21 2020 , today l called immigration and are application move to China Shanghai I did not understand why because my husband from Turkey. ( she told me it can be any country they can move )

Done the medical and biometric in September
Anyone knows why???
In Turkey is openI really confused
Someone reported in a different thread re a transfer to Beijing that files were being actively moved to different visa offices abroad purely as a workload/staff availability matter. Ie some offices working closer to full capacity but have less caseload, others catching up.

This sounds like clear case of this but obviously internal matter. But sounds like a good sign.

barakat87

Nov 5, 2020
Yes, that is absolutely true but as we know, immigration sometimes refuses cases based on bogus reasons. If the PR in question had sponsored his spouse for PR and immigration finds out, possibly when trying to contact him that he has actually been outside Canada for the last few months, they will likely deny his application based on him not residing in Canada. Legally he might still be residing in Canada and of course he can appeal but I'm only saying, maybe you are better off trying to avoid having to appeal. It is safer to make short trips only so that the visa officer will have no doubt that the person is residing in Canada and not leave it up to the visa officers definition of how long you can be away to still be considered a resident.
i have PR and im sponsoring my wife, I've been back in My home country since June 2020, and with the pandemic and all the travel interruptions, my stay lasted more than 6 months. I still have my house, car, money and job in canada (working remotely). We are about to submit our spouse sponsorship application while im still in my home country, and will move back to canada soon after we submit, is there any reason my application will be rejected ? am i considered as living in canada or not ? even tho im not physically in canada now..

please help!