+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

lovelockdown

Oct 19, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

If you are a real couple, whose genuine long-term relationship prior to marriage is easy to prove, but you get married with status as a major motivating factor, are immigration officials likely to view your marriage as "bad faith"?

My partner and I have been cohabiting since Sep 2019 (although we only have the documentation to prove cohabitation from May 2020 onward). He has been in a ridiculous situation with immigration, his study permit extension has been "pending" for almost a year now, and if he has to leave the country it's hard to know when he would be able to come back. To make matters worse, last month armed conflict broke out in his country. We would have gotten married at some point anyway, but if anyone asked us why we're getting married now, I would have to admit that it's because we don't want to be separated.

My family is supportive, they'll be in the wedding photos, but the fact that my partner was in a precarious visa situation at the time of our marriage will stand out. Both of us are fairly young and haven't started our careers yet so I am sure they will wonder why else we possibly would have decided to marry. I really just want my partner and I to be able to get on with our lives but I'm very anxious about getting the application right so that we can stabilize things as soon as possible.

mrfall

Jul 20, 2015
Folks! i already sent my application but i send Only the Employee Letter with my Salary Information and period and hours, I forgot to send the Notice of assessment, are they going to return my file ?
and how i solve this issue my Application received on Sep 9,20200. So i don't have Temporary file# yet

emefkay

Oct 2, 2020
Hello Everyone Fairly new on this Forum.
My sister applied for her Husband in September.
The File was delivered on Sept 21 through Fedex.
How long does it usually take to get a reply from CIC that they have received our application.

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Sent application package on March 10 for my spouse (outland applicant) to Sydney office. Then Covid happened. No news after then, until October 6 & they sent email with AOR. Oct 7 - invitation to apply to Quebec for CSQ. Applying for CSQ on October 20th.

yannezie

May 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
26-02-2020
Hi. I just want to ask about change in address. If I transfer to another country, will they transfer my application to another visa office? Let’s say I’m currently in the middle east and my visa office is in London, then I’m planning to go back to the Philippines and just wait for my application there. Thanks in advance.
Hi po.. Did LVO started peocessing your docs?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Everyone Fairly new on this Forum.
My sister applied for her Husband in September.
The File was delivered on Sept 21 through Fedex.
How long does it usually take to get a reply from CIC that they have received our application.
Expect 3-4 months right now with Covid.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Folks! i already sent my application but i send Only the Employee Letter with my Salary Information and period and hours, I forgot to send the Notice of assessment, are they going to return my file ?
and how i solve this issue my Application received on Sep 9,20200. So i don't have Temporary file# yet
I don't think they will return it for that, at that stage of the process, initially they just are checking to see that all the proper forms are there and signed. Once you get AOR, which gives you a file number, you can send a web form and include the copy of your NOA with an explanation.

Oct 21, 2020
Hello new to the forum and I'm sure this question has been asked already but I can't find the answer anywhere...

When completing forms for sponsorship, I know on things that don't apply we have to write N/A... am I allowed to write this and hand sign after ? the pdf won't allow me to do it online. I just want to make sure it doesn't invalidate the validation if I hand sign after printed?

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I have a question regarding country specific forms 'Supplementary Travel Information'. I am sponsor, PR in Canada sponsoring my wife, living in India. As per this form, principal applicant must fill it. Should she fill out my travels outside India as well or should she leave the 'spouse travels' section blank? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Friends, I have a question regarding country specific forms 'Supplementary Travel Information'. I am sponsor, PR in Canada sponsoring my wife, living in India. As per this form, principal applicant must fill it. Should she fill out my travels outside India as well or should she leave the 'spouse travels' section blank? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Leave blank, that section does not apply when spouse is sponsor (PR or citizen). This form also used for non-sponsorship type applications hence why space for spouse's travels.

Reactions: Abhinandhan7

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
In IMM5532 Form for relationship evaluation, I made a typo. In the question regarding the visits between sponsor and spouse, I made a mistake. I visited my wife in India from Canada on Nov 9 2019. But by mistake, I entered November 8 2019. Similarly, second visit was on March 14th but I entered March 13th. I do have passport entry and exit stamps to prove that I visited India. However, is this a big issue? We both signed this form together when I was in India. Now, I am back to Canada and tired to just take a print of that one page which had this question with my revised dates. However, the paper print out material is different in Canada as compared to India and CIC officer will easily spot the difference. So, I am planning to just send the original singed form which has this error. I am not sure what to do. Is this a big mistake?

Faysalahmedbd

Oct 21, 2020
Dhaka, Bangladesh
App. Filed.......
27-03-2020
Hello all,
My application (spousal immigration outland) has been received at march 27 as i heard from lawyer. But still no updates.. Not even AOR. Is this ok? Anybody here in like same situation? Any guidelines to follow?
BTW, I'm principal applicant from Bangladesh.
Thnx