+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vancityrain

Oct 16, 2020
Hi all!

We've completed all the forms, compiled all the documents, and are only missing one vital thing - my partner's National Police Check from Australia. It's been ordered and processed and has been sent as of September 28th. Australia Post did note delays in delivery due to COVID-19, and their best guess is that it should be here by the 26th of October.

Our only concern is that his work permit/status in Canada is expiring on November 20th, and of course, we're sending an OWP application as well.

He has lived here for over 6 months, has not lived in any other country besides his home country, and not left Canada since his arrival. He has an NPC from April 2018 that he submitted for his initial work permit, but it's likely not valid as the IRCC says they are typically only valid for a year. We are debating whether we give it some more time this week to see if the police check arrives, or send it out tomorrow with the letter explaining why it's not included, the proof or receipt, the letter that it's processing, and the 2018 National Police Check (even though it's not good for much if it's not still valid).

Any thoughts on this? Regardless, we plan on sending it express. We're just worried about it getting sent back due to it being "incomplete", but also jeopardizing the timeline to ensure it's received in time for him to be on the implied status and continue working. We've heard a couple of different things - one being that because they're so backlogged, by the time they receive the National Police Check from us, they may not even have looked at the PR application yet...

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have a question, I'm a Indian origin Canadian Permanent Resident. My wife is in India. And I'm in process of collecting documents, one of my friends suggested to have back home bank joint account or life insurance coverage for both. Is it really necessary to have it? Currently I'm in Canada my presence is required in India to get these documents?

FYI,I have added my wife to my canadian insurance company and also pension plans

I'm reach out here for any suggestions please

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Another question, I visited to India in September 2020 under covid 19 restrictions and I was asked to home quarantine myself for 14 days. But I met my fiance very next day of course with proper care

when asked in the application ": Describe the circumstances of your first meeting."?

Is it okay if I mention the same thing?

If not please provide me with any other suggestions?

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have a question, I'm a Indian origin Canadian Permanent Resident. My wife is in India. And I'm in process of collecting documents, one of my friends suggested to have back home bank joint account or life insurance coverage for both. Is it really necessary to have it? Currently I'm in Canada my presence is required in India to get these documents?

FYI,I have added my wife to my canadian insurance company and also pension plans

Download the document checklist to sponsor ur wife. And try to get all the documents when u both r together. And yes, it is better to have a joint account.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Another question, I visited to India in September 2020 under covid 19 restrictions and I was asked to home quarantine myself for 14 days. But I met my fiance very next day of course with proper care

when asked in the application ": Describe the circumstances of your first meeting."?

Yes, you should give the real details. Don’t forget to mention that you and your spouse followed social distancing norms.

gainze

Mar 11, 2018
Question, when applying from outside of Canada. Once its been approved do you have a time frame to get to Canada?
:)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Question, when applying from outside of Canada. Once its been approved do you have a time frame to get to Canada?
:)
The COPR and visa will have a final validity date, often/usually one year after the date of medical. During covid they have indicated that they will provide a later entry to those who 'can't travel during covid,' which requires writing later with specific travel arrangements. (This is because they don't want PRs doing soft landings i.e. arriving in Canada and then leaving again, for covid reasons)

There are unfortunately relatively few details on limits and specifics but some here have had this work. While there are no details or promises about the medical aspect, it seems they are somewhat routinely extending the validity of the medicals.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

Love can happen anywhere , anytime in any circumstances. So be honest tell truth

Gon

Oct 19, 2020
Hi. I just want to ask about change in address. If I transfer to another country, will they transfer my application to another visa office? Let’s say I’m currently in the middle east and my visa office is in London, then I’m planning to go back to the Philippines and just wait for my application there. Thanks in advance.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
What's the main difference between ECAS and gckey ? Can I link your application to both?
Ur ecas is an online tool. Gives basic info. shows whether ur application has been received, in process or decision made.
Gckey gives more info. They send u msgs like u have to pay for this and this, get ur biometrics done etc.
If u have a representative, u can't have access to gckey.

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Ur ecas is an online tool. Gives basic info. shows whether ur application has been received, in process or decision made.
Gckey gives more info. They send u msgs like u have to pay for this and this, get ur biometrics done etc.
If u have a representative, u can't have access to gckey.
I we don't have any representative.......we linked our account using the online tools(ECAS), can we still link it to Gckey?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello Guys,

Adding to your Canadian insurance and your Employee Pension plans is more than enough. You don't need repeated evidence like opening joint banking accounts. It's your wish you want to go that path. Spousal sponsorship is very tricky so I would say do whatever satisfies you that your file is strong.

I would say start sending money on monthly basis to her account. This is another proof you should consider doing.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
I we don't have any representative.......we linked our account using the online tools(ECAS), can we still link it to Gckey?
Yes. How? I'm not sure. But I think u have to create an account in gckey and link ur paper application from there.
I wouldn't call checking ur application in ecas as being linked. That anyone can use provided he enters correct info.