+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canjeero

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Ontario, Canada
question when immigration canada says they verified your information but, require further information to retrieve the file, they are basically saying that they have the application right?

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Yes, you are missing that at the time this was announced, family visits of all kinds were prohibited, visa or ETA or not. (Exemptions were far more limited)

So it was significant - in the context of covid. But you are correct that this announcement mainly returned the situation to the status quo pre-covid, at least for immediate family members.

And it is also true that processing may be delayed - effect varying by country and region - also due to covid.

So I'm not at all arguing that this is 'good' or sufficient or meets the needs/desires of many applicants.

But many of the press statements - and expectations of applicants - are based on a misunderstanding. (And I would say a misunderstanding that is not the government's fault, mostly the press).
Do u mind telling me Abt the 8th October one too. Is it same like the previous announcement?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do u mind telling me Abt the 8th October one too. Is it same like the previous announcement?
I don't usually comment in detail on the future .))

Zero chance from what I see in the announcement that there will be substantial change in visa requirement. It is about broadening definition of family somewhat and some very specific cases (serious illness etc).

My understanding is that mostly it is about broadening somewhat the exemptions (from entry prohibition) to a larger definition of 'family' - more parents, adult children, grandparnets, some siblings.

Most notable to spousal class forum is perhaps 'those in an exclusive dating relationship of more than one year.' (For a very limited number who have long relationships but not met common law test or married. There have been a few high-profile cases.

'Compassionate cases' - again, I expect will be for very limited compassionate cases such as serious illness ie hospitalization.

Language and specifics expected on the eighth but again, this looks limited to me:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on-travel-restrictions.html

SuMo16

Sep 29, 2020
All documents mean marriage certificate to ur spouse whether he is a pr or a citizen, financial ties to home country and that he/she will come back before the Visa expires.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2020/06/trudeau-families-can-cross-canada-u-s-border-tomorrow-0614599.html/amp
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced today that immediate family members will be able to enter Canada effective June 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT.

The exemption applies to all eligible foreign nationals, irrespective of which country they are entering Canada from. This exemption is not only limited to eligible travelers entering Canada from the U.S.

The only document u r saying is 'visa' which gets denied. So the applicant obviously cannot travel. The reason given for visa refusal is dual intent. Who in their right mind would jeopardize their spousal application and overstay in Canada with their spouses for only 6 months.
  • certain extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents, including those in an exclusive dating relationship of at least 1 year and their dependent children, as well as adult children, grandchildren, siblings and grandparents
  • Detailed information on who may qualify as an extended family member and the process and requirements to be eligible to travel to and enter Canada will be available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website on October 8, 2020. There will be a robust process in place for extended family members, and each traveler will need to apply for and be issued an authorization before they can travel to Canada.
The first stanza really boils my blood to say the least. When legally married spouse is not even allowed to visit I don't understand the inclusion of dating relationships for consideration. How would they authenticate and what if the date overstays and does everything that they fear with legal spouses ?

And as someone said they mean the extended family members and not immediate family members which means a wife/husband can bring in Parents, Grandparents, Siblings but not the husband/wife. I sincerely wish and pray that they reconsider the spousal cases. They can make the laws stricter rather and let go off this weird rule, ban the couple and send them back to home country with immediate effect if someone tries to dupe. This is a classic case of cheaters affecting the good clan.

Curious Question - Has anyone ever got TRV while the Outland Spousal Application was in process ?

Last edited:

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
  • certain extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents, including those in an exclusive dating relationship of at least 1 year and their dependent children, as well as adult children, grandchildren, siblings and grandparents
  • Detailed information on who may qualify as an extended family member and the process and requirements to be eligible to travel to and enter Canada will be available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website on October 8, 2020. There will be a robust process in place for extended family members, and each traveler will need to apply for and be issued an authorization before they can travel to Canada.
The first stanza really boils my blood to say the least. When legally married spouse is not even allowed to visit I don't understand the inclusion of dating relationships for consideration. How would they authenticate and what if the date overstays and does everything that they wear with legal spouses ?

And as someone said they mean the extended family members and not immediate family members which means a wife/husband can bring in Parents, Grandparents, Siblings but not the husband/wife. I sincerely wish and pray that they reconsider the spousal cases. They can make the laws stricter rather and let go off this weird. Ban the couple and send them back to home country with immediate effect if someone tries to dupe. This is a classic case of cheaters affecting the good clan.

Curious Question - Has anyone ever got TRV while the Outland Spousal Application was in process ?
Yes handful of applicants

Reactions: SuMo16

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have an idea. As election going to be held in I think 2 ridings in Toronto. Why not we protest in that riding and make them aware that you will loose vote if immediate action is not taken to allow spouses.

Couple of protests can put pressure on them.

Reactions: Jomis

SuMo16

Sep 29, 2020
I have an idea. As election going to be held in I think 2 ridings in Toronto. Why not we protest in that riding and make them aware that you will loose vote if immediate action is not taken to allow spouses.

Couple of protests can put pressure on them.
I think they should until there is a reform. I think there should be reform to get people out if the sponsorship is not valid or rejected. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/09/canadians-call-for-faster-family-reunification-0915839.html#gs.i2ncmz

SuMo16

Sep 29, 2020
Where can I find the entire document list required for the application with detailed explanation on each req. in this forum - If someone has put together ?

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Reactions: SuMo16

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please tell me if they received any update from New Delhi office.

I applied for an Outland spousal sponsorship.

Timeline

Applied - Oct 20,2019
Medical & Bio metrics - Dec 15,2019
File transfer to New Delhi- Jan 10,2020

My file is completed 95% and its showing 18 days left but i haven't heard anything from immigration department since January 2020.
I send out a web form couple of times but no response.

Thank you

ushma rao

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please tell me if they received any update from New Delhi office.

I applied for an Outland spousal sponsorship.

Timeline

Applied - Oct 20,2019
Medical & Bio metrics - Dec 15,2019
File transfer to New Delhi- Jan 10,2020

My file is completed 95% and its showing 18 days left but i haven't heard anything from immigration department since January 2020.
I send out a web form couple of times but no response.

Thank you
I am October 7th 2019 applicant. File has been transferred to NDVO in December 2019. Radio silence since then.

med902

Oct 3, 2020
Qatar
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Hello , Good Morning all, I Hope to get your opinions

I have applied for an RP after getting selected by Quebec in 2018 and I am expected to get my RP in the a couple of month

After applying for RP, I got married on 2019 and I declared my wife as uncompanyed spouse, to be sponsored later after my arriva

My Question: (in the normal situation, and without taking into account the pandemic circumstances) - what is the chance for my wife to get a tourist visa without my file affecting her negatively (without mentioning my application) ? Knowing that she has all the requirements (stable work, strong bank statement, assets, good travel history ..

(So we can travel together, me : to confirm my permanent residence , and her : as a tourist)