+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I didnt get anything. Still waiting. Application 97% complete and only 10days left
Remember the % completed figure is only a mechanical "days since submitted divided by 365" calculation. It means nothing in terms of where your file really is - only a "compare to the 12 month timeframe in which most files are completed." Even more meaningless since covid began. Once it hits 100%, it will just stay at 100% until complete.

Since (as I recall) you've been advised you'll need an interview, that's the next step, and basically also means your file is more likely in that "not all files are completed in 12 months" group.

Not to discourage you, but looking at that figure is not giving you any additional information and perhaps stressing you out.

(Note: it is possible that there is SOME small amount of additional effort within IRCC to look at files close to that one year date, whether because they have internal flags to have the files pushed forward, or other internal management targets they try to meet; if so, there may be some small flurry of activity on files in that last month - but I suspect that's marginal particularly in covid time. 12 months/100% is otherwise mostly meaningless for individual files).

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Remember the % completed figure is only a mechanical "days since submitted divided by 365" calculation. It means nothing in terms of where your file really is - only a "compare to the 12 month timeframe in which most files are completed." Even more meaningless since covid began. Once it hits 100%, it will just stay at 100% until complete.

Since (as I recall) you've been advised you'll need an interview, that's the next step, and basically also means your file is more likely in that "not all files are completed in 12 months" group.

Not to discourage you, but looking at that figure is not giving you any additional information and perhaps stressing you out.

(Note: it is possible that there is SOME small amount of additional effort within IRCC to look at files close to that one year date, whether because they have internal flags to have the files pushed forward, or other internal management targets they try to meet; if so, there may be some small flurry of activity on files in that last month - but I suspect that's marginal particularly in covid time. 12 months/100% is otherwise mostly meaningless for individual files).

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Do you believe visitor's Visa will be given to spouse who has not yet heard anything about their application?
I want to apply for TRV sooner.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Do you believe visitor's Visa will be given to spouse who has not yet heard anything about their application?
I want to apply for TRV sooner.
A May out land applicant just got refused a week ago. So nothing changed for those who don't know anything about their application. But yet it is a matter of luck for any spouse to get visa approved as in general the approval chance is very slim. Maybe you want to try you luck.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
When will vfs in India going to open any idea?
No one here can answer this question. You need someone from the Canadian Government to answer that and yet even him can not tell. No one knows how this COVID-19 situation is going to evolve whether in India or elsewhere. The good news is that as per the recent news release the apps processing became all digital so maybe staff from visa offices around the world will be able to work remotely.

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
No one here can answer this question. You need someone from the Canadian Government to answer that and yet even him can not tell. No one knows how this COVID-19 situation is going to evolve whether in India or elsewhere. The good news is that as per the recent news release the apps processing became all digital so maybe staff from visa offices around the world will be able to work remotely.
I am so tired of waiting. Donno when will they allow us to meet our loved ones

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I am so tired of waiting. Donno when will they allow us to meet our loved ones
Sorry for that I know your feeling we are all in same boat. Waiting everyday without seeing any real development. Hope things will change this month with IRCC picking up the processing speed.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
A May out land applicant just got refused a week ago. So nothing changed for those who don't know anything about their application. But yet it is a matter of luck for any spouse to get visa approved as in general the approval chance is very slim. Maybe you want to try you luck.
I don't know why they refuse TRV when they have already announced that spouses will be granted entry.

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hmmmmmmm it's really disturbing

sourabh_a

Aug 23, 2020
Is there anyone from march 2020 with outland spouse application waiting here. Please let me know!! No update on my file right now.!! Anyone got any update !!!

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Is there anyone from march 2020 with outland spouse application waiting here. Please let me know!! No update on my file right now.!! Anyone got any update !!!
You can join the March applicants here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2020-outland-spousal-sponsorship.680339/

Here you’ll find a tracker of all 2020 applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#gid=646794024