App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
Can you any one let me know, how link my wife's application(outland applicant) to my Canada account? i don't have application no. can I add her in my online account?
not until you get AOR

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
Hi,

I need guidance about spouse PR sponsorship.

Situation is that I am a Canadian PR (it's been an year), residing in Canada. I am getting married early next year and would want to file for Spouse PR , soon after marriage (spouse residing in India).

1. What is the process to file for spouse PR from India? Is it mandatory for me to return to Canada to file for spouse PR or can this be done from India?
  2. Can my spouse come on tourist visa / open work permit to Canada till the time spouse PR application getting processed?
  3. What are the requirements to file for spouse PR (documents and all)?
Please advise.

Thanks.
once you are married, apply for a TRV & once the decision comes, you may apply for sponsorship as Inland / outland as per the situation.

Jun 23, 2010
Do you believe visitor's Visa will be given to spouse who has not yet heard anything about their application?
I want to apply for TRV sooner.
I know someone tried got rejected...vistor visa officer look through the lens that person has stronger tie there ..so far I can say its not a matter of luck ita 99.99 refusal. I would suggest to talk to a immi agents to have their opinion to cofnirn

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
I know someone tried got rejected...vistor visa officer look through the lens that person has stronger tie there ..so far I can say its not a matter of luck ita 99.99 refusal
yes, if sponsorship application in process then its no TRV

Dec 15, 2016
Hello everyone,
Is there anyone who applied in Mid april? I submitted my application in 27th April. Got temporary AOR by calling IRCC. Are they started responding April applications or not?

JKHK

Oct 6, 2020
A couple of questions.
I looked at this tracker spreadsheet to see how my application compares:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#

What is the difference between inland and outland?
Which column is the number of days from when your application was sent, and you received the first confirmation of the application being received?

Seems the frustrating part is the first contact acknowledging receipt.
I am living in Hong Kong. I couriered by wife's spousal application the first week of June.
I have heard nothing since. No idea if it wasn't even received other than courier confirming they delivered.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't know why they refuse TRV when they have already announced that spouses will be granted entry.
They did not announce that. They announced that spouses will be granted entry if they have valid documents for admission, ie visas, ETAs, or similar.

The distinction is that non spouse visa holders (for example) will be denied entry unless otherwise considered essential.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
They did not announce that. They announced that spouses will be granted entry if they have valid documents for admission, ie visas, ETAs, or similar.

The distinction is that non spouse visa holders (for example) will be denied entry unless otherwise considered essential.
I know a couple of ppl who had all the docs and were still denied. Another applied in June/ July and haven't heard a thing back.

When the first spousal protest took place it was said that only visa free country spouses were allowed. Many applicants who require visa to enter Canada were denied.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I know a couple of ppl who had all the docs and were still denied. Another applied in June/ July and haven't heard a thing back.

When the first spousal protest took place it was said that only visa free country spouses were allowed. Many applicants who require visa to enter Canada were denied.
When you say "they had all the docs", what do you mean?

My point only is that the announcement by the government was widely misinterpreted and misread - and many of the press reports were also quite wrong.

The only "all the docs" that matters is visa or ETA. The government did NOT say that all spouses would be allowed entry.

Now perfectly fine to criticise that approach, the administration of it, the high levels of refusals, etc. Of course. But they did not announce that [all] spouses would be allowed entry.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
When you say "they had all the docs", what do you mean?

My point only is that the announcement by the government was widely misinterpreted and misread - and many of the press reports were also quite wrong.

The only "all the docs" that matters is visa or ETA. The government did NOT say that all spouses would be allowed entry.

Now perfectly fine to criticise that approach, the administration of it, the high levels of refusals, etc. Of course. But they did not announce that [all] spouses would be allowed entry.
All documents mean marriage certificate to ur spouse whether he is a pr or a citizen, financial ties to home country and that he/she will come back before the Visa expires.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2020/06/trudeau-families-can-cross-canada-u-s-border-tomorrow-0614599.html/amp
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced today that immediate family members will be able to enter Canada effective June 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT.

The exemption applies to all eligible foreign nationals, irrespective of which country they are entering Canada from. This exemption is not only limited to eligible travelers entering Canada from the U.S.

The only document u r saying is 'visa' which gets denied. So the applicant obviously cannot travel. The reason given for visa refusal is dual intent. Who in their right mind would jeopardize their spousal application and overstay in Canada with their spouses for only 6 months.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
All documents mean marriage certificate to ur spouse whether he is a pr or a citizen, financial ties to home country and that he/she will come back before the Visa expires.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2020/06/trudeau-families-can-cross-canada-u-s-border-tomorrow-0614599.html/amp
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced today that immediate family members will be able to enter Canada effective June 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT.

The exemption applies to all eligible foreign nationals, irrespective of which country they are entering Canada from. This exemption is not only limited to eligible travelers entering Canada from the U.S.

The only document u r saying is 'visa' which gets denied. So the applicant obviously cannot travel. The reason given for visa refusal is dual intent. Who in their right mind would jeopardize their spousal application and overstay in Canada with their spouses for only 6 months.
That article is wrong and misstates what the actual government announcement said. It is an embarrassment that it misstates so completely (or equally, leaves out the context necessary to understand what is meant().

Here's what the government actually announced:
https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2020/06/changes-to-travel-restrictions-for-immediate-family-members-of-canadian-citizens-and-permanent-residents.html

Note the key phrase: "foreign nationals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents ... will be exempt from the prohibition on entry to Canada if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days."

It is an exemption from the prohibition to enter Canada (under covid regulations), NOT an exemption from the need to have a visa (or visa waiver).

So the phrase in the article "they will be able to enter" is just wrong and misleading. They will be able to enter IF they have a visa.

The Minister on the same day in the announcement made the same point very, very clear:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/cross-border-families-can-now-reunite-under-new-exemption-1.4974140?cache=yes?autoPlay=true

"For people traveling from abroad, they must still have a valid visa or Electronic Travel Authorization,” said Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino.

So I repeat the point: the government never said that all spouses would be able to enter. This was bad journalism and wishful thinking.

Again, everyone has every right to wish for, complain, and push for a different policy. But it's wrong to say the government said all immediate family members would be able to enter.

Reactions: 1melisheikh

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
That article is wrong and misstates what the actual government announcement said. It is an embarrassment that it misstates so completely (or equally, leaves out the context necessary to understand what is meant().

Here's what the government actually announced:
https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2020/06/changes-to-travel-restrictions-for-immediate-family-members-of-canadian-citizens-and-permanent-residents.html

Note the key phrase: "foreign nationals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents ... will be exempt from the prohibition on entry to Canada if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days."

It is an exemption from the prohibition to enter Canada (under covid regulations), NOT an exemption from the need to have a visa (or visa waiver).

So the phrase in the article "they will be able to enter" is just wrong and misleading. They will be able to enter IF they have a visa.

The Minister on the same day in the announcement made the same point very, very clear:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/cross-border-families-can-now-reunite-under-new-exemption-1.4974140?cache=yes?autoPlay=true

"For people traveling from abroad, they must still have a valid visa or Electronic Travel Authorization,” said Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino.

So I repeat the point: the government never said that all spouses would be able to enter. This was bad journalism and wishful thinking.

Again, everyone has every right to wish for, complain, and push for a different policy. But it's wrong to say the government said all immediate family members would be able to enter.
Anyone who has a valid visa can enter. I don't think there is anything new Abt that. Or am I missing something here. The trouble is getting a Visa as our spousal applications are in process, as u already know, majority of the time it gets rejected.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Anyone who has a valid visa can enter. I don't think there is anything new Abt that. Or am I missing something here. The trouble is getting a Visa as our spousal applications are in process, as u already know, majority of the time it gets rejected.
Yes, you are missing that at the time this was announced, family visits of all kinds were prohibited, visa or ETA or not. (Exemptions were far more limited)

So it was significant - in the context of covid. But you are correct that this announcement mainly returned the situation to the status quo pre-covid, at least for immediate family members.

And it is also true that processing may be delayed - effect varying by country and region - also due to covid.

So I'm not at all arguing that this is 'good' or sufficient or meets the needs/desires of many applicants.

But many of the press statements - and expectations of applicants - are based on a misunderstanding. (And I would say a misunderstanding that is not the government's fault, mostly the press).

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Yes, you are missing that at the time this was announced, family visits of all kinds were prohibited, visa or ETA or not. (Exemptions were far more limited)

So it was significant - in the context of covid. But you are correct that this announcement mainly returned the situation to the status quo pre-covid, at least for immediate family members.

And it is also true that processing may be delayed - effect varying by country and region - also due to covid.

So I'm not at all arguing that this is 'good' or sufficient or meets the needs/desires of many applicants.

But many of the press statements - and expectations of applicants - are based on a misunderstanding. (And I would say a misunderstanding that is not the government's fault, mostly the press).
Okay thanks for explaining and clearing it out to me.

Reactions: armoured