01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
theachrissy said:
Hello Everyone, hello Leon

Firstly thank you Leon for all the valuable information

I would just like to find out , the medicals: how long do they take for them to be cleared or received. My processing office is Pretoria and it has been about 2 months now, my status on the CIC website does not yet show that medical have been received.

Regards
I wouldn't worry about this. ECAS isn't always updated to show "medicals received". My husband's ECAS status never displayed "medicals received". His status when straight from "in progress" to "decision made". So again, I wouldn't worry.

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
:-X :-X

ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE DECISION MADE

BUT NO SIGN OF MY VISA

maya2011

Jul 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BERLIN - VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Feb-2011
Doc's Request.
03-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
03-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
11-March-2011
Med's Done....
15-Jan-2011 [Expired]
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the forum. Anyone else waiting to hear back from Berlin office about their application for permanent residence? Berlin started processing application for PR June 2011 - any ideas how long it will take?

Looking to hear from others on their experiences.

Time line:

Spousal Outland
Visa Office: Berlin
All docs and medical results have been received
Started processing application for PR...: June 2011
Interview...: ?
Passport Request...: waiting
Visa to be issued...: waiting
Land in Toronto...: waiting

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Hello, so I'm comfused... I'm married whit canadian and he is on welfare. What thats mean? that he will never be able to sponsor me? Can I apply for "skilled worker" programm inside Canada?

I left Canada in May and went back home to work. Now I wanna visit my husband in Canada, but I'm afraid, that immigration office will not let me in! ( to travel to Canada from my country we dont need visa to be in Canada for 6 months, but still....). And If I deside to stay and not leave after those 6 months- will I have a problams?Deportation or something?

Thank you so much.....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
neftiida said:
Hello, so I'm comfused... I'm married whit canadian and he is on welfare. What thats mean? that he will never be able to sponsor me? Can I apply for "skilled worker" programm inside Canada?

I left Canada in May and went back home to work. Now I wanna visit my husband in Canada, but I'm afraid, that immigration office will not let me in! ( to travel to Canada from my country we dont need visa to be in Canada for 6 months, but still....). And If I deside to stay and not leave after those 6 months- will I have a problams?Deportation or something?

Thank you so much.....
If your husband is receiving social assistance in the form of welfare, he cannot sponsor you until he is off it.

Yes, if you have sufficient points you can apply under the Skilled Worker category.

If you have never over-stayed or otherwise disregarded the terms of your visitor status, there is no reason you should be refused. Always have proof of your ties to your home country, in the event the border officials request to see it.

If you over-stay without requesting an extension of your visitor status, you will cause unnecessary difficulties on yourself and your husband when the time comes that he is able to sponsor you. DON'T DO IT. It's that simple. I realise you will have to be apart, but lots of people endure long separations from their spouses and many of us aren't visa-exempt and cannot visit our spouses at all. Don't waste the opportunity you have to be together by being foolish about immigration laws.

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Thank you... but I got married before my work visa expired.. and I didnt left Canada... Have I done something wrong? I was suppose to leave even if I'm married?

Thank you..

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Neftiida, you cannot remain in Canada without legal status )either as a visitor or work permit holder in your case). At the time you left Canada, did you overstay your 6 months period allowed for visa exepmt countries?

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Yes I did.... becouse our lowyer told us, that because we got married I can stay legally, but I cant work and study...

so looks that I will be not able to visit my husband? they will just not let me in even if I will have back ticket and paper from my bank that I have money?

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Neftiida, thay still may let u in. Normally they do not keep track of dates when people are leaving the country, however they may in case you overstay... who knows. Did they ask you anything at the border when you were leaving about the reason why did you overstay?

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Neftiida, I'd suggest you just go back and do not worry... can change your passport and go with a new one to have clear record. Good luck!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Latvian said:
Neftiida, I'd suggest you just go back and do not worry... can change your passport and go with a new one to have clear record. Good luck!
FWIW Changing a passport does not hide anything, or provide a "clear record", the system is smarter than that.

Kalimar

Jul 20, 2011
Hi

I have a question about sponsoring spouse in Canada.

The CIC says that if the sponsor has gone through bankruptcy, cannot be sponsor because of that.

Is a consumer proposal ok for this purpose of sponsoring?

A consumer proposal is technically similar to a bankruptcy, but not the same thing, even in legal terms, therefore my question.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't be in active bankruptcy. If you have been released from it, you are ok. I do not know about consumer proposal.