+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sabz

Mar 10, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am asking this question for a friend who is not net-savvy and not a member here. He is thinking of sponsoring his wife. She is, however, much older than him, 16 years to be exact. Will this hinder or delay their sponsorship process? Has anyone had any experience with sponsoring an older spouse? This is is not marriage of convenience, they're a real couple in love who just don't care about the age difference, they have traveled together several times , they have wedding photos etc.

Thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Depending on the visa office the application will go through, this matter can raise a "red flag" in their assessment. It would be good for them to proactively address the age difference, making reference to reasons why it doesn't matter to them personally. When they do this, it should become a non-issue, provided that all the other proofs of a genuine relationship are present.

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
hi guys
im married to a canadian citizen, i been denied for study visa. my question is : can my husband apply for a tourism visa for us, so we can celebrate our first anniversary in canada?? thanks. he hasnt applied yet for sponsorship for us...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanika said:
hi guys
im married to a canadian citizen, i been denied for study visa. my question is : can my husband apply for a tourism visa for us, so we can celebrate our first anniversary in canada?? thanks. he hasnt applied yet for sponsorship for us...
He can apply but if you come from a country where it is hard to get a visa, sometimes being married to a Canadian makes it impossible because they always think you will overstay.

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
HI Leon,

Need your advice badly. I forgot to pay RPRF! I just recently passed our application to CPC-M just a week ago. Please Help! Should I send the RPRF Payment now and how? Or should I wait for CPC-M to request for it. I dont want any delays.

Thanks!

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
::) ::)

IM ON MY 3RD WEEK WAITING FOR MY VISA...
DECISION MADE LAST JULY 1

CAN I EMAIL THE EMBASSY REGARDING MY VISA OR SHOULD I JUST WAIT???

:-X :-X

Abacogringo

Star Member
Aug 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/08/2010
AOR Received.
18/11/2010
File Transfer...
25/09/2010
Med's Done....
25/08/2010
Passport Req..
14/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
26/07/2011
LANDED..........
28/07/2011
So we've been requested to send in passport....done that.... what happens next?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
They send it back with the shiny visa, and the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Then you guys can head to the nearest border crossing for him to flagpole, and it's all over!

RKDG

May 31, 2011
BANGLADESH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF SINGAPUR PLZ,,,,,,,,BEFOR I SEND THEM A EMAIL BUT THEY DIDN'T GIVE ANY REPLY TILL NOW ,,,,,,, ???

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!

I have a question... I'm about to start sponsoring my spouse... or maybe do the visitors visa... it's all confusing. I want him here fast.
I dont have any previouse chat logs from the 3 years before we got married.. I have very little proof of relationship there. I was told I can have friends and family write a letter to say we were having a relationshipt.. is this true?
Also... to sponsor him... first I have no money savedf up... just $20.00 at the moment. I'm Canadian... and to sponsor my Egyptian spouse... do I really need to have money saved up NOW.. when I hand in the papers? ???
or... can I have a little bit of money saved up for when he comes?... becuase I only work part time at the moment.. I am trying to get another job.. but ... really I don't have much money ??? and I do want him here fast. We had our first annaversary apart ??? our first christmas, and our first new years. We don't want to wait long.
For proof of relationship... I did travel.. but I'm not sure how to get the tickets.. I don't have them any more. Is it possible there are records that I can get them from ?
One last thing.. sorry to bother all of you ... is it possible to sponsor someone while living with your mother.. in subsidized housing?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spritz, the big question would be how will both of you survive on such a small amount of income?
He will not be able to work when he is in Canada as a visitor.

Proof of travel - your passport will have been stamped, no?

Be prepared for immigration to take some time, fast is not the usual pace.

If you apply for spousal permanent resident status and then want him in Canada as a visitor, the chances of him being offered a TRV are quite low.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about the stamps from your passport when you went to visit. Also you can call up your phone company to get detalied statements from previous months to show how you and your spouse have been keeping in contact. Living in subsidized housing should not be a problem, welfare is a problem. And as long as you have somewhere secure to live you shouldnt worry.

Spritz said:
Hi Everyone!

I have a question... I'm about to start sponsoring my spouse... or maybe do the visitors visa... it's all confusing. I want him here fast.
I dont have any previouse chat logs from the 3 years before we got married.. I have very little proof of relationship there. I was told I can have friends and family write a letter to say we were having a relationshipt.. is this true?
Also... to sponsor him... first I have no money savedf up... just $20.00 at the moment. I'm Canadian... and to sponsor my Egyptian spouse... do I really need to have money saved up NOW.. when I hand in the papers? ???
or... can I have a little bit of money saved up for when he comes?... becuase I only work part time at the moment.. I am trying to get another job.. but ... really I don't have much money ??? and I do want him here fast. We had our first annaversary apart ??? our first christmas, and our first new years. We don't want to wait long.
For proof of relationship... I did travel.. but I'm not sure how to get the tickets.. I don't have them any more. Is it possible there are records that I can get them from ?
One last thing.. sorry to bother all of you ... is it possible to sponsor someone while living with your mother.. in subsidized housing?

theachrissy

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
CPT , South Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/03/2011
File Transfer...
24/06/2011
Med's Request
29/04/2011
Med's Done....
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
13/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011 received back with DHL 3/1/12
LANDED..........
08/02/2012
Hello Everyone, hello Leon

Firstly thank you Leon for all the valuable information

I would just like to find out , the medicals: how long do they take for them to be cleared or received. My processing office is Pretoria and it has been about 2 months now, my status on the CIC website does not yet show that medical have been received.

Regards