+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Pepperzzz

Mar 23, 2020
USA
Category........
FAM
Submit my spousal sponsorship for inland at the end of June.
Though, knowing that IRCC is working on Jan and Feb applications at the moment, I am just curious as to a prediction when I will hear they will send me a confirmation? I bet it might be until Jan of next year? Though I am not sure. I also have paid for everything and just waiting on the first step.
My work permit application is also included and paid.

Thank you!

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Hi

What happens if the ex spouse was approved for PR but never landed (under spouse sponsorship) and it ended in a divorce. Would the person still be responsible for the ex for the next 3 years or can they sponsor a new spouse if they choose to remarry?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

What happens if the ex spouse was approved for PR but never landed (under spouse sponsorship) and it ended in a divorce. Would the person still be responsible for the ex for the next 3 years or can they sponsor a new spouse if they choose to remarry?
The 3 year rule wouldn't apply. There will be quite a lot of scrutiny of the 2nd marriage.

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
The 3 year rule wouldn't apply. There will be quite a lot of scrutiny of the 2nd marriage.
Is there a way around it? Maybe going on TRV and applying for inland spouse sponsorship post the marriage? Saw it on some lawyer's website.

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hi Guys, my wife who lives outside canada applied to express entry and she got it! I am currently working in Canada as an engineering intern ( I have a work permit). She is not working and she doesnt have a job offer in Canada, she only has savings of about 30k-35k in her bank account. She wants to sponsor me so that I can get the PR since we are not sure if my one year internship will count as canadian work experience when I apply for PR. My question is: if she has 0 income in Canada (but good savings account), can she sponsor me to get the PR? Or does she have to work for at least a year and show that she has an income so that she can sponsor me ? Thank u

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Hi Guys, my wife who lives outside canada applied to express entry and she got it! I am currently working in Canada as an engineering intern ( I have a work permit). She is not working and she doesnt have a job offer in Canada, she only has savings of about 30k-35k in her bank account. She wants to sponsor me so that I can get the PR since we are not sure if my one year internship will count as canadian work experience when I apply for PR. My question is: if she has 0 income in Canada (but good savings account), can she sponsor me to get the PR? Or does she have to work for at least a year and show that she has an income so that she can sponsor me ? Thank u
I think you guys should be fine as she already got in express entry. You can put an explanation letter that you are doing co-op and you will support yourself.

Reactions: 17ha15

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Did your wife just apply for Express entry and got the ita or she got copr??

Reactions: 17ha15

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
In this case should I do ielts, WES documentation, medical exams, etc.. ?
When she filled out her forms, did she mention u in the application. Like u to be dependent and accompanying?? U don't need IELTS and Wes as u r the dependent. But you'll need to get medical and biometrics done. But I think u r already in Canada so I'm not sure abt that. Make sure her score does not Decrease after she adds u. Even if it changes make sure, it's more than the cut off score. I hope she's wife and not gf otherwise it's not applicable for u