+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sourabh_a

Aug 23, 2020
Hey guys i applied for my wife sponsorship file from canada as I’m in canada and she is in india and they received my file in nova scotia on march 16 2020. After that i got no update not even AOR. What should i do except waiting!!! Is there somebody else here same like my position. Please let me know. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: kiranf

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hey guys i applied for my wife sponsorship file from canada as I’m in canada and she is in india and they received my file in nova scotia on march 16 2020. After that i got no update not even AOR. What should i do except waiting!!! Is there somebody else here same like my position. Please let me know. Thank you!!!
Try calling ircc, give them the info they ask and they might give u temp file number. Or use ur receipt number from the sponsorship application payment to try to link it online on ecas

Reactions: sourabh_a

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
The consultant did give her a guarantee. They know spouses want to visit their partners, so they are charging more money I suppose.
Unfortunately people will believe these consultants and are willing to pay big $$, there are no guarantees using a consultant or a lawyer. If a person can clearly understand the directions on the application documents they can easily do it themselves.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Unfortunately people will believe these consultants and are willing to pay big $$, there are no guarantees using a consultant or a lawyer. If a person can clearly understand the directions on the application documents they can easily do it themselves.
Anybody from india who's TRV was approved? Do u think it is worth to apply as I have heard the wait period is too long.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Received my GCMS notes today - (Applied on Aug 10th).

Basically, notes show nothing has happened on my file ever since CSQ request was sent out in February 2020. This shows that IRCC doesnt do anything until they receive the approved CSQ (Atleast as per my file).

Looks like no hope for another few months atleast :(

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

There is a note that confirms CSQ Received in July 2020.

Galisha

Jun 29, 2018
Received my GCMS notes today - (Applied on Aug 10th).

Basically, notes show nothing has happened on my file ever since CSQ request was sent out in February 2020. This shows that IRCC doesnt do anything until they receive the approved CSQ (Atleast as per my file).

Looks like no hope for another few months atleast :(

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

There is a note that confirms CSQ Received in July 2020.
What is csq and you submitted application aug 2019 !?