+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi All,

I am a PR residing in Canada since Feb-2019. I will be getting married in India in a few months and I am planning to bring my wife along with me.
From CIC's website I see that a dependent PR may take upto 12 months for processing.

Are there any options (Visitor visa, Work permit, etc.) under which I can sponsor my wife and bring her to Canada along with me?

Thanks in Advance,
Ram
There is no such program for outland applicants. If your wife has a strong travel history, I would recommend applying for Visitor Visa ahead of your marriage. Do not show any relation or contact between you and her. That's all your a do. After you sponsored her, there is no way they going to approve the visitor visa and keep rejecting it on dual intent reasons.

Reactions: SKRPrince09

Ahmed yar

Apr 17, 2020
Hai,
I apply Outland spousal sponsorship, My wife is in Canada and I m in Saudi Arabia.my file was receive on 20 April, still waiting for AOR. Anyone knows about any update. Need help

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Hi friends,

I am applying for common law family class sponsorship for my husband.

1) We are living together from last one year however we moved provinces so don’t have our old driving licenses what to do ?

2) also will electronic supporting dosuments such as bank statements / credit card statements/ paystubs etc would be accepted or it has to be mailed to your adress?

3) Is there any format for letters from closed friends and family

4) I am in Canada from last 3 years however in form 5532 they asked for last 5 years employment details so should I include my backhome job?

Please help me

Thanks

RachM

Aug 14, 2020
Good Evening,
Does anyone have any updated news about Spousal sponsorship processing? Are they working on them or not? Thank you!

RohitMallik

Oct 9, 2019
Yes outland spouse applicant feb 2 applicant
Got aor, med, bio, sponsor app approved, file transfer to cpc missisaga same month.
No uodate then. Anyone same boat?
Hello what documents did you submit? any marriage photographs?
I and my Girlfriend plan to get married but have it postponed due to COVID we would not be having a big ceremony or inviting friends because of restrictions will it make a difference ??

yannezie

May 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
26-02-2020
Are they working on paper applications?? Submitted this year?
We submitted paper application this year and had received AOR2 yesterday though in my ecas they started processing our papers last July 30

yannezie

May 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
26-02-2020
So you applied this year for a paper spousal sponsorship application, and got your AOR yesterday? Congrats! Can I please ask which month you applied? Thanks❤
AOR1 was January 15, and we had our biometrics and medical same day on 18th of February.. 9 March it was transferred to LVO. then the covid came...

Reactions: kiranf and KATHIA08