+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

2nose

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Current AOR time is between 2 to 3 months. Stay strong brother!
Just an update on this in case it helps anyone else. I submitted an inquiry, and as of today (July 31), they (inland sponsorship office) are currently processing applications received before January 17th, 2020. Seems like processing times have been extended significantly.

sakcan307

Jun 4, 2020
Hello,

I'm sponsoring my wife under Family class and have a query regarding Additional Family Information IMM 5406:

Do we have to provide the sister-in law information as well under section c- Brother and sister?
Also want to know who all are the family members relevant to principal applicant whose information must be added with the application?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hello,

I'm sponsoring my wife under Family class and have a query regarding Additional Family Information IMM 5406:

Do we have to provide the sister-in law information as well under section c- Brother and sister?
Also want to know who all are the family members relevant to principal applicant whose information must be added with the application?
You must read official site, there all explain (about every forms and docs)

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

Who needs to fill out this form?
This form must be filled out and signed by:
  • The principal applicant,
  • All dependent children aged 18 or over (whether coming with you to Canada or not).
  • Note: if your dependent child is the principal applicant on a sponsorship application, you should complete this form on their behalf regardless of their age.
SECTION A
Write the personal details for:
  • Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and your spouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your mother, and
  • your father.
SECTION B
Write the personal details for your children. It is very important that you list all of your children (even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). This includes:
  • married children,
  • adopted children,
  • children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
  • any of your children who have been adopted by others,
  • any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian.
You must answer all questions. If any sections do not apply to you, answer “N/A”.
SECTION C
Write personal details about your:
  • brothers,
  • sisters,
  • half-brothers and half-sisters,
  • step-brothers and step-sisters.
SECTION D
After carefully reading the statements in this section, sign and date the declaration.

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
Hi All,

I have a question on part of the document checklist.

My wife (Canadian citizen) and I (American citizen) are currently living in the USA and doing an outland application, planning to move to Victoria, BC. The checklist says that she must provide proof that she will live in Canada with me once I receive my permanent residency approval. As current processing time is estimated to be at 12 months, and we don't plan to move until next summer, we don't have any concrete plans of where we will live, and my wife is just starting to reach out about job possibilities.

So what kind of proof would be acceptable? Her family all lives in BC if that matters.

Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This
Hi All,

I have a question on part of the document checklist.

My wife (Canadian citizen) and I (American citizen) are currently living in the USA and doing an outland application, planning to move to Victoria, BC. The checklist says that she must provide proof that she will live in Canada with me once I receive my permanent residency approval. As current processing time is estimated to be at 12 months, and we don't plan to move until next summer, we don't have any concrete plans of where we will live, and my wife is just starting to reach out about job possibilities.

So what kind of proof would be acceptable? Her family all lives in BC if that matters.

Thanks!
Search the forum for "proof of intent to return," there are dozens of threads focussing on this with many examples.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Just an update on this in case it helps anyone else. I submitted an inquiry, and as of today (July 31), they (inland sponsorship office) are currently processing applications received before January 17th, 2020. Seems like processing times have been extended significantly.
If they couldn’t find you in their system, you will have that form response. Actually, they don’t know exactly what is happening. Here some people still updated applications from end of January https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2020-inland-spousal-pr-owp.672032/page-45

Last edited:

PreferredRobot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Manitoba
Hi everyone,

I met my spouse last year July thru family proposal. I was supposed to go get married April this year because of covid had to postpone it. If I wanted to sponsor her to Canada she's in Sri Lanka. Can I do spousal sponsorship? Or conjugal sponsor?

Please advise.

Thank you,
Outland application conjugal sponsor as you are not living to together atm

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Outland application conjugal sponsor as you are not living to together atm
Be extraordinarily careful with a conjugal sponsorship. Absent COVID restrictions, unless you are separated by immigration, legal, and other barriers, you will be refused. Just because of COVID flight cancellations does not make a relationship conjugal.

sakcan307

Jun 4, 2020
Hello,

I'm principal applicant and applying visa under Family class. I have a query in IMM 5406 under section A where it states that we have to provide information regarding our mother and father. As my father passed away in 2016 what information I could provide in that section and address information or do I need to leave it vacant?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I'm principal applicant and applying visa under Family class. I have a query in IMM 5406 under section A where it states that we have to provide information regarding our mother and father. As my father passed away in 2016 what information I could provide in that section and address information or do I need to leave it vacant?
Write the info you can and note deceased.

Reactions: sakcan307

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi guys,
We are march 2018 applicant. We've been ask to redo medical on july 23, done the exam on july 24 and was approuved by CIC july 31. Received Pre arrival may 21. Is there some one here that have been asked to redo medical ? Is that the last step ? We are so desperate, try to have a little positive here...
Thanks