+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
Hi guys,
my friend was protected person and brought his wife to Canada after he got PR. after one year in Canada, he separated from his wife. Now, he wants to married new wife.
Does the first wife that he brought to Canada consider as sponsoring wife or not. because he was a protected person?
Does he has to wait five years to marry a second wife?

I need your support and advise to him.

I appreciate any cooperation buddies.

aliaayub

Mar 4, 2020
Application received: November 25th
AOR1: December 13th
Biometrics request: December 19th
SA: December: 20th
File moved to Singapore: Jan 06th
AOR2- Jan 16th
Request for Singapore Police Clearance: March 12th
Request for Medical: March 12th
Singapore COC submitted: March 16th
Medical Passed: March 22nd
Decision Made and Pre-Arrival Services: May 31st
Spouse came to Canada on existing TRV: June 25
COPR/new PR letter : July 23rd

Hi - quick question on your timeline. When your spouse came to canada on existing TRV, what happened with the visa office? Did you let them know she had moved out of singapore? And what happened when when they asked for her passport? Did you have to ship it to Singapore?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019

Brownie123

Jan 7, 2020
Application received: November 25th
AOR1: December 13th
Biometrics request: December 19th
SA: December: 20th
File moved to Singapore: Jan 06th
AOR2- Jan 16th
Request for Singapore Police Clearance: March 12th
Request for Medical: March 12th
Singapore COC submitted: March 16th
Medical Passed: March 22nd
Decision Made and Pre-Arrival Services: May 31st
Spouse came to Canada on existing TRV: June 25
COPR/new PR letter : July 23rd
Congratulations! You are very lucky. Its been over a year for me. They haven’t given us any decision yet.... at least good to know that officers are finally back to work.

Reactions: kylelowry

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone. Just had a general question.

I've read in different threads that there are signs that the IRCC/CIC employees are going back to work. There was a message from the IRCC website that was posted by someone here where it talks about officers returning to their offices, etc. However I think it only mentioned offices in the nation's capital region and Halifax (my inland spousal sponsorship application was sent to the CPC in Mississauga; not sure where it goes after that but I assume it's still in the GTA).

Does anyone know whether all offices are starting to open? I assumed that offices in the GTA are still held back based on regional Covid restrictions.

The Mississauga CPC received our inland app on March 4th. Looking at the February inland sponsorship spreadsheet, it seems like no one whose package was received by the Mississauga CPC after Feb. 21 has received an AOR, and it seems to have been stuck like that for a long time now.

Of course the wait has been stressful. My wife is here on a TRV and we will probably have to apply for a visitor record before her 6 month stay is up (Aug. 18). Hoping that we can receive an AOR before then, but I'm not optimistic. Our house budget is also tight, so we're really hoping that we can at least hear back about her OWP soon.

Thanks for any info, folks.

Reactions: Teepayne

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi everyone. Just had a general question.

I've read in different threads that there are signs that the IRCC/CIC employees are going back to work. There was a message from the IRCC website that was posted by someone here where it talks about officers returning to their offices, etc. However I think it only mentioned offices in the nation's capital region and Halifax (my inland spousal sponsorship application was sent to the CPC in Mississauga; not sure where it goes after that but I assume it's still in the GTA).

Does anyone know whether all offices are starting to open? I assumed that offices in the GTA are still held back based on regional Covid restrictions.

The Mississauga CPC received our inland app on March 4th. Looking at the February inland sponsorship spreadsheet, it seems like no one whose package was received by the Mississauga CPC after Feb. 21 has received an AOR, and it seems to have been stuck like that for a long time now.

Of course the wait has been stressful. My wife is here on a TRV and we will probably have to apply for a visitor record before her 6 month stay is up (Aug. 18). Hoping that we can receive an AOR before then, but I'm not optimistic. Our house budget is also tight, so we're really hoping that we can at least hear back about her OWP soon.

Thanks for any info, folks.
My file is in Mississauga, too.i have heard they were pulled from their duties to help process cerb claims. Im hoping now that many ppl are getting back to work, they will require less help with cerb and ircc can get back to work.

Reactions: gallagher11

Sheena S

Mar 2, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Do I need to provide a letter with details on how my relationship evolved as a separate document?
this is for imm5532 - part 11
is it mandatory?
Our representative ask us to write as to how our relationship evolved! This is not mandatory but one should go for it! It will only make your file strong and no drawback to it. So in my view you should definitely write one. Involve all important dates in it with sequence off course. Start writing from the very beginning of your relationship.

Reactions: corolla110

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
im an inland october 2019 applicant... on June 27th 2019 i received an update saying we are processing your BGC this was the first update i received since passing my medical on feb 27th 2019. i am wondering if it will take the normal 30 days or this is another snail stage have anyone received a similar update?

Last edited:

solamatins

Nov 11, 2018
im an inland applicant on June 27th 2019 i received an update saying we are processing your BGC this was the first update i received since passing my medical on feb 27th 2019. i am wondering if it will take the normal 30 days or this is another snail stage have anyone received a similar update?

You mean 2020?

sakcan307

Jun 4, 2020
Hi, I did softlanding in Toronto in Jul 2018 & went back to my home country, India. Now, I am sponsoring my wife & May I ask if I have to include my Toronto travel details under Spouse trip details column in the IMM 5562 form? Also, I have relocated to Toronto permanently & may I ask if I still need to include this latest travel info, as well in the form?

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, I did softlanding in Toronto in Jul 2018 & went back to my home country, India. Now, I am sponsoring my wife & May I ask if I have to include my Toronto travel details under Spouse trip details column in the IMM 5562 form? Also, I have relocated to Toronto permanently & may I ask if I still need to include this latest travel info, as well in the form?
Yes you need to include all the travel details till date. If your spouse traveled with you during soft landing ? then include under spouse trip too otherwise no need.

Reactions: Punsy and sakcan307

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
Hello. I got CoPR few days ago and have dependents in my home country. No PPR email for them ywt. Where did you learn that it’s suspended?
Congrats on COPR! I contacted Ankara visa office and they told me they were on hold until further notice. Maybe it’s exclusive to Ankara.

Tintin1984

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hello all,

I have bipolar disorder, which I've declared in Form 5669- will this affect my chances of getting PR? I'm hoping it won't. It would be useful to know if there's anything I should add to the form, that would support my chances of getting PR. Thanks in advance