+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello. I got CoPR few days ago and have dependents in my home country. No PPR email for them ywt. Where did you learn that it’s suspended?
Hi are you inland applicant or outland ?
It is my understanding that govt not issuing COPRs to an outland PR applicant or outland sponsorship ever since the lockdown

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Guys. Does someone here have been asked To redo medical ? If yes how long between the new médical and DM ? Heres my timeline
March 8 2018 applicant.
First Medical : aug 2018
Sa and aip ; dec 20 2019
Pre arrival : mai 15th
Redo médical : july 23

We are so desperate. Medical is expire since sept 2019 we dont understand why they took si much time To ask. So after new médical can we expect dm soon ? 29 months that we are waiting :(
PLEASE accept my full sympathy for such an unusual delay Geee man its crazy

Reactions: Minian

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Members,

I am wondering if you could kindly comment on an immigration question that I have.

I am a Canadian PR and planning to sponsor my girlfriend for permanent residency. I want to know whether or not she is excluded from the family sponsorship program.

We have been dating for severl years now. At the time I applied for express entry, we were NOT living together. We moved in while my application was under process. At the time I landed in Canada, we had been living together (outside Canada) for five months. I did not declare her on my application.

My understanding is that when I became a PR, she was not my common-law partner. Therefore, she did not need to be declared. As a result, she is NOT excluded from family sponsorship.

Is my understanding correct?
Yes correct. You either need to get married or live together continuously for 1 year to sponsor her.

Shama198727

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hello everyone
My spousal application for PR was applied on 27th June 2019 & Medical on 21st August 2019 & File sent to NDVO on 7th November 2019.
My Question is When I check my status update on 20/07/2020 it was showing Decision Made & was happy for something was getting updated & thought for some good news but this morning when I checked the status updates it’s showing In Process again which is disappointing I don’t know what they are doing Playing With our feelings doing like this..??? Can anyone help what this means & how to contact NDVO regarding this .???

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hello everyone
My spousal application for PR was applied on 27th June 2019 & Medical on 21st August 2019 & File sent to NDVO on 7th November 2019.
My Question is When I check my status update on 20/07/2020 it was showing Decision Made & was happy for something was getting updated & thought for some good news but this morning when I checked the status updates it’s showing In Process again which is disappointing I don’t know what they are doing Playing With our feelings doing like this..??? Can anyone help what this means & how to contact NDVO regarding this .???
According to this thread (click here) , Visa/PPR is on its way.

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Please share your Timeline
Application received: November 25th
AOR1: December 13th
Biometrics request: December 19th
SA: December: 20th
File moved to Singapore: Jan 06th
AOR2- Jan 16th
Request for Singapore Police Clearance: March 12th
Request for Medical: March 12th
Singapore COC submitted: March 16th
Medical Passed: March 22nd
Decision Made and Pre-Arrival Services: May 31st
Spouse came to Canada on existing TRV: June 25
COPR/new PR letter : July 23rd

Reactions: deepika_bohra

kevinkevin

Jul 25, 2020
Hello everyone. I am currently filling out the spousal application for PR.
I'm filling out the sponsoree Generic Application Form for Canada through the pdf file given on the Canadian government's website.
On part 5 I have to delcare where I live, which would be Ontario. But the drop down list with all the cities does not include where my spouse lives.
My spouse lives on unceded 'indian' territory or an indian reservation or whichever you choose to call it, and her city is not on the list.
Is there a different process I must go through or why would her town not be listed? Any input would be appreciated.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hello everyone. I am currently filling out the spousal application for PR.
I'm filling out the sponsoree Generic Application Form for Canada through the pdf file given on the Canadian government's website.
On part 5 I have to delcare where I live, which would be Ontario. But the drop down list with all the cities does not include where my spouse lives.
My spouse lives on unceded 'indian' territory or an indian reservation or whichever you choose to call it, and her city is not on the list.
Is there a different process I must go through or why would her town not be listed? Any input would be appreciated.
you can add Appendix (this write in guide) where you can explain this situetion

corolla110

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
Do I need to provide a letter with details on how my relationship evolved as a separate document?
this is for imm5532 - part 11
is it mandatory?

Reactions: Sheena S