+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
i am of a belief you cannot be sponsored. I read you must be a family member like kids or common law spouse or a spouse or parents else i think there is no way to get sponsored here. You can go to immigration and refugee government official web site n search when and how you can be sponsored.

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
You can apply depending upon which country you are from to apply as independent applicant under some categories like professionals and may be someone can answer for you. I also think if you are not from visa exempt countries or are not in professionals category or categories canada recruits can be a hard road to get here n some one can answer as this is what i know from prior experiences

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
on june 27th 2019 i recieved an update saying we are processing your BGC this was the first update i received since passing my medical on feb 27th 2019. i am wondering if it will take the normal 30 days or this is another snail stage have anyone received a similar update?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone,My wife is canadian permanent resident and she sponsored me .I got my visa in October,2019 and I booked my ticket to Canada on 1st April,2020 which was canceled due to COVID-19.My concern is that my visa was expired on 28th may,2020.I applied webform but I didn’t get the extension of visa.Is there any another case similar to me?pls reply
I presume you mean you got your COPR? You said to applied for an extension, did you get a reply denying it or just no response at all? I no response you should be fine, thousands of people in your situation. IRCC has said to just advise them when you are ready to travel to Canada and they will re-issue the COPR.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone! Maybe it is explained in the previous pages sorry if it is, but can someone explain me this. My girlfriend has some family friends that are willing to sponsor me and my girlfriend. The question is is it possible with that sponsorship to be able to live and work in Canada? And what's the procedure? Is it expensive? Thanks guys.
No that is not possible, a friend or distant relative can't sponsor you. You will have to look at Express Entry in which you will have to qualify on your own merits. Education, work experience etc. Check out that part of the forum from the main page for information.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Hi, we got married a month ago and I applied for a marriage certificate last week. I just saw online that it wasn't located. Do I need to re-apply and pay again in ~6 weeks or will they mail it to me when it becomes available?

sameera11

Jul 29, 2017
Hello fellow Member need some advice or some one who recently applied spousal sponsorship Application.
I found two forms Schedule A- Background/Declaration IMM 5669
1. is IMM 5669 (11-2018) E .. second 2. IMM 5669 (06-2019) E I know its same form have to use only one of them .
any one know which form should i fill up and send with application for spousal Application .
Please any one who recently applied can share his/her thoughts...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello fellow Member need some advice or some one who recently applied spousal sponsorship Application.
1. is IMM 5669 (11-2018) E .. second 2. IMM 5669 (06-2019) E I know its same form have to use only one of them .
any one know which form should i fill up and send with application for spousal Application .
Use the one with the later date, ie 2019.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Always, latest version.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
Hello Members,

I am wondering if you could kindly comment on an immigration question that I have.

I am a Canadian PR and planning to sponsor my girlfriend for permanent residency. I want to know whether or not she is excluded from the family sponsorship program.

We have been dating for severl years now. At the time I applied for express entry, we were NOT living together. We moved in while my application was under process. At the time I landed in Canada, we had been living together (outside Canada) for five months. I did not declare her on my application.

My understanding is that when I became a PR, she was not my common-law partner. Therefore, she did not need to be declared. As a result, she is NOT excluded from family sponsorship.

Is my understanding correct?

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
To apply for a TRV visa for my wife to visit me in Canada, should I use my account or does she have an online account?
We apply for family sponsorship in June 2020

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi Guys. Does someone here have been asked To redo medical ? If yes how long between the new médical and DM ? Heres my timeline
March 8 2018 applicant.
First Medical : aug 2018
Sa and aip ; dec 20 2019
Pre arrival : mai 15th
Redo médical : july 23

We are so desperate. Medical is expire since sept 2019 we dont understand why they took si much time To ask. So after new médical can we expect dm soon ? 29 months that we are waiting :(

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Hi, we got married a month ago and I applied for a marriage certificate last week. I just saw online that it wasn't located. Do I need to re-apply and pay again in ~6 weeks or will they mail it to me when it becomes available?
i had to wait about 6 weeks and that was pre covid