+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hi

I am PR and done my soft landing last year. Presently I am in India and planning to move to Canada soon. I got married few months ago. My wife have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa). I am planning for inland spousal PR. Can she travel to Canada on her TRV and then I apply for spouse PR? In current covid situation, can she travel with me as immediate family member?

I would appreciate if anyone can reply on this.
Thank you.

neevmagic

Apr 11, 2019
This is my would be scenario and I am checking to take some decisions. Please help me!

I have a PR and live in Quebec. I had a work permit due to my CSQ before my PR.
I am sponsoring my wife's in-Canada Class Spousal sponsorship PR application.
My wife holds a SOWP due to my previous worker status and her current status is worker.
Her worker status is valid for next 1-2 months. She does not hold a CSQ right now and she is not employed.
She lives in Quebec.

Suppose, I submit her complete in-Canada Class Spousal PR sponsorship application today along with her Open Work Permit Application
which she will be eligible due to her in-Canada Class Spousal PR sponsorship application, in the same envelope,

THEN, will this above mentioned Open Work Permit application grant her an implied status worker
while this Open Work Permit Application
is in progress?

If yes, then from which date? like date of application is
received? or may be after first approval?
Is there a way to get the open work permit application number? like the one we receive during the online WP application?

I understand the above mentioned open work permit application might just take more than 10 months to give a decision and not much help for working.
The main purpose is to keep her in status in Canada while her PR application is in progress.

I also understand there is a possibility to apply for a Visitor Record before her work permit expires.
How reliable is this visitor record application thing?
and What is the maximum duration we can apply for this visitor record while her PR application is in progress?
Can we apply for this Worker to Visitor Record conversion in an online application?

Is there any other way to keep her in Canada in status while her PR is in progress?

I thank you guys for your help.

- Neev.

lemondrop0316

Feb 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

I will be submitting an application for common law sponsorship (Canadian sponsor, South Korean applicant, living in Korea) in September and I just want to clarify some things

1. Proof of Cohabitation
- We have no joint accounts with both our names - only individual. My phone bills are only electronic (inquiring about paper copies). The apartment and bills are in her name because she set everything up before I arrived. We have government ID, individual bank accounts that list us both at the same residence, and monthly transactions showing that I transfer her money for our monthly expenses - is that sufficient?

2. Letters
- We want to submit letters for proof of cohabitation and for proof of returning to Canada - how many letters is suggested?

Sorry if these seem like common sense questions, but this process is stressful and we want to do it right the first time

TIA

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Hi friends,

I am applying for common law family class sponsorship for my husband.

1) We are living together from last one year however we moved provinces so don’t have our old driving licenses what to do ?

2) also will electronic supporting dosuments such as bank statements / credit card statements/ paystubs etc would be accepted or it has to be mailed to your adress?

3) Is there any format for letters from closed friends and family

4) I am in Canada from last 3 years however in form 5532 they asked for last 5 years employment details so should I include my backhome job?

Please help me

Thanks

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hola, ¿qué sucede si tenemos un patrocinio para la esposa fuera de Canadá y viene con una visita a TRV y nos quedamos en Canadá teniendo un proceso de patrocinio afuera? ¿Alguien tiene alguna opinión si se puede cambiar mientras está en Canadá con TRV?
Hola, No creo que puedes cambiar su application de esposa al exterior a esposa interior. Creo que necesitas rempezar con un nuevo pero esto no es un buena idea porque la situacion con covid esta muy dificil y el proceso seria desmasiado largo. Puedes quedar su aplicacion original pero ella necessitara regresar a su pais para hacer el entrevista, el examen medico y los biometrics.

Can someone confirm that if you start off as outland and your spouse comes to Canada on a TRV you cannot simply switch the application to inland?

bian07

May 19, 2017
The
Hola, No creo que puedes cambiar su application de esposa al exterior a esposa interior. Creo que necesitas rempezar con un nuevo pero esto no es un buena idea porque la situacion con covid esta muy dificil y el proceso seria desmasiado largo. Puedes quedar su aplicacion original pero ella necessitara regresar a su pais para hacer el entrevista, el examen medico y los biometrics.

Can someone confirm that if you start off as outland and your spouse comes to Canada on a TRV you cannot simply switch the application to inland?
To change application class you have to withdraw the first application and reapply completely.

dbshejwalkar

Jan 28, 2015
Hello . I am trying this again now that no one answered my question earlier on page 2346.

I have filed PR for my spouse under the family sponsorship 'in canada' category. Our file was delivered around 20th Feb. There has been no confirmation or any kind of communication from CIC.
Can anyone tell me what date of files have they started processing now? and how long it might take them to open our file?
Any answer is appreciated. Thank you.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hello . I am trying this again now that no one answered my question earlier on page 2346.

I have filed PR for my spouse under the family sponsorship 'in canada' category. Our file was delivered around 20th Feb. There has been no confirmation or any kind of communication from CIC.
Can anyone tell me what date of files have they started processing now? and how long it might take them to open our file?
Any answer is appreciated. Thank you.
Nobody can tell really. Covid is messing with everything and delaying everything.