+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

JBeeSim

Jul 14, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I am applying for the family class sponsorship and I am now trying to obtain the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from India. BLS has asked me to provide an invitation letter or documentary proof of applying for residential status. Since I am applying under Family class (Common-Law) I don't have an invitation letter. What to do? I don't have a marriage certificate as I am in a Common law relationship. Please suggest
we went and got a paper notarized saying we were common-law

Reactions: singleman

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
is there any sample and format for that? did you applied for Indian PCC with this letter?
If you apply through PSK, you don’t need any letter. Just fill up the form on PSK website, pay and take an appointment. Take the documents listed on the website on the day of appointment, Regional PSK will initiate police verification and will release pcc once the police submits a clear report.

Galisha

Jun 29, 2018
Yes, As far I know after March 18 no application is not processing in normal way due to COVID-19. They are processing before march 18 applications. So dont worry, they will start your processing soon in sha Allah. They are just waiting for the situation to settle down a bit probably. Because giving PR is meaningless until they allow people to enter other than just peoples time frame to enter canada will waste.
I am also waiting for my next step. Hoping for the best and good luck to you too
How you came to know that they are provessing applications before 18 march

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Yes, As far I know after March 18 no application is not processing in normal way due to COVID-19. They are processing before march 18 applications. So dont worry, they will start your processing soon in sha Allah. They are just waiting for the situation to settle down a bit probably. Because giving PR is meaningless until they allow people to enter other than just peoples time frame to enter canada will waste.
I am also waiting for my next step. Hoping for the best and good luck to you too
I'm so confused. I thought the borders were closed to "non essential travel" but spouses , dependent children etc were welcome?

Naima13

Aug 19, 2019
Hi, I got my Pr last year and now will be moving to Canada for good, although I was married when I applied for Pr through express entry program, my husband did not apply with me. Now that I will be relocating, I want to sponsor my husband so he could move with me, I understand process time takes upto 1 year but what other conditions are there? Can I apply immediately after going to Canada or do I need to wait until I get a job? What is the proof of fund that I need to show as currently I am unemployed and if savings are enough, how much minimum savings can I show ? Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I got my Pr last year and now will be moving to Canada for good, although I was married when I applied for Pr through express entry program, my husband did not apply with me. Now that I will be relocating, I want to sponsor my husband so he could move with me, I understand process time takes upto 1 year but what other conditions are there? Can I apply immediately after going to Canada or do I need to wait until I get a job? What is the proof of fund that I need to show as currently I am unemployed and if savings are enough, how much minimum savings can I show ? Thanks
When you say your husband did not apply with me, do you mean that you declared (in your application) that you were married, and that he would not be accompanying you?

Yes, you can apply more or less immediately after arriving in Canada - although best if you can get Permanent Residency card first. (Currently delays in issuing but used to take a month or three after arriving)

There is no formal amount required but you must show a plan for how you will support him. This can be a combination of savings, employment, etc. You can indicate your plans for employment, obviously better if it is a profession or industry clearly in demand or with fairly verifiable pay levels. And best of all is actual employment (contract, paystubs, whatever). You cannot be on social assistance.

I believe it is possible that you could apply before being employed and later provide information on your employment (i.e. if you find work between submitting the application and during the process). It is also possible that they may ask you for supplemental information (i.e. have you found a job yet?) at some point during the process.

Lots of people have applied fairly soon after landing. But I believe most find that along with the task of settling in Canada, it takes at least a few months and often several to get everything ready to submit the app. Submitting early is good but submitting an incomplete file or with mistakes creates more delays (it can be sent back and that may take months).

You can look at the application packages and forms in advance and start collecting information / identifying what you will need. The forms are updated periodically but usually the changes are not large.

Reactions: deepika_bohra

Naima13

Aug 19, 2019
When you say your husband did not apply with me, do you mean that you declared (in your application) that you were married, and that he would not be accompanying you?

Yes, you can apply more or less immediately after arriving in Canada - although best if you can get Permanent Residency card first. (Currently delays in issuing but used to take a month or three after arriving)

There is no formal amount required but you must show a plan for how you will support him. This can be a combination of savings, employment, etc. You can indicate your plans for employment, obviously better if it is a profession or industry clearly in demand or with fairly verifiable pay levels. And best of all is actual employment (contract, paystubs, whatever). You cannot be on social assistance.

I believe it is possible that you could apply before being employed and later provide information on your employment (i.e. if you find work between submitting the application and during the process). It is also possible that they may ask you for supplemental information (i.e. have you found a job yet?) at some point during the process.

Lots of people have applied fairly soon after landing. But I believe most find that along with the task of settling in Canada, it takes at least a few months and often several to get everything ready to submit the app. Submitting early is good but submitting an incomplete file or with mistakes creates more delays (it can be sent back and that may take months).

You can look at the application packages and forms in advance and start collecting information / identifying what you will need. The forms are updated periodically but usually the changes are not large.
Hi thank you so much for such a detailed reply. I did declare my husband as non accompanying spouse. I did a soft landing last year so I have the pr card with me but like you said it’s better to make sure I get it right than doing it fast :)

Mossar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
App. Filed.......
13-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-11-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-10-2019
How long after seeing DM on ECAS will i get PPR?
I saw DM last week thursday and got pre-arrival same day, but nothing after

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi thank you so much for such a detailed reply. I did declare my husband as non accompanying spouse. I did a soft landing last year so I have the pr card with me but like you said it’s better to make sure I get it right than doing it fast :)
Ah, you can apply as soon as you are in Canada then. Note you mostly have to remain in Canada during the process except for short trips. Good luck.