+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Really helpfull in my case. Every time MP send an update request IRCC worked on our files and send us communication 1 week after MP request.!!! But we use his help after 23 months .
thanks for your share, maybe my case needs more time, it's still in normal processing time

Reactions: Minian

Rana qaisar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Hi friends ,i hope you are all well.here you ppl can see my timeline. And this update i hv got last weak.i am sure LVO is working now on the applications for PR.so friends can you help me that what is going to happen with me next few months.there is my lawyer in Toronto who is facing my immigration. I am married with a Canadian .my mdcl and fingers has passed 6 months ago.

Estimated remaining processing time: 10 Week(s) 
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the
following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Review of eligibility 
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results 
November 9, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents 
We do not need additional documents.
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more
information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 9, 2019:You passed the medical exam.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application
process along.
Application received 81% complete Estimated completion date *
July 22, 2019 Estimated completion date:
July 22, 2020
* The estimated processing time may change depending on how many applications we receive and other factors.
This progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application.

Interview 
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics 
October 22, 2019 Completed.
Background check 
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision 
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision

Reactions: Harrib

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the valuable information that is here in this forum. I am new here and I have few questions/concerns and will appreciate anyone's input.

Basic background:
Me and my bf applied for express entry in 2019 and he got approved and mine was rejected (WP expiring September 2020). We have been on same address since 2017, we are in total 3 people living together, we were all in the same program back in college. Me and my bf were extremely good friends until we started dating each other in mid 2019. After spending a lot of time to know each other and talking to our families we have decided to get married in the near future.

We are looking into sponsorship options and I have been talking to few lawyers and consultants with everyone saying different things. Here are my questions and concerns.

- We are both Indians and we know how wedding are in India. Currently, with covid-19 nor can we travel back home and neither can we have big celebrations. My question is, is that okay to get a civil ceremony done as we believe it is the right time and step for our relationship and our parents wants the same. Also, in our culture dates are suggested by the religious preach. We spoke to few marriage officiant and they are ready to do the ceremony with only 5 people present. We will be using this marriage certificate in our sponsorship file, is it explainable to the officer that due to covid-19 restrictions civil ceremony was done? Later, when restrictions uplifted we will be hosting a small celebration here in Canada and later getting married traditionally in India too.

- I understand that OWP program with sponsorship applications is expiring on July 31, 2020. Can I still apply for OWP if I am filing after that date? Does someone knows if this program will be extended?

- What kind of documents can we use to show the genuineness of our relationship?

- One local lawyer said that civil ceremony for Indians is a big red flag and that it looks like marriage of convenience. What are we supposed to do with this whole covid-19 situation then? Cant we explain this to the officer why civil ceremony happened?

Please help with any of the above questions, I have been in so much stress lately and would really appreciate some honest input and recommendations guys. I thank you in advance.
yep civil ceremony is a red flag.. you can see other options or wait until the lockdown is lifted esp in Canada which will be not far

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
Hi Guys!
Does anyone know if CIC was open during quarantine? We applied for spousal sponsorship and open work permit on March 18 and still haven't received any response whether our application was accepted or not.
If there's someone who applied in March, please let me know if you got any response.

Thanks!
Hi, I am also experiencing the same situation. My application received on March 25th and still waiting to get a news.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes I am referring to spousal sponsorship my bad. Yeah I found is odd too, this is not a express entry application and the visa decision may not be based on her education qualification but my ability to support her and proof of relationship. Correct me if I am wrong.
As I said, fire the consultant.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi friends ,i hope you are all well.here you ppl can see my timeline. And this update i hv got last weak.i am sure LVO is working now on the applications for PR.so friends can you help me that what is going to happen with me next few months.there is my lawyer in Toronto who is facing my immigration. I am married with a Canadian .my mdcl and fingers has passed 6 months ago.

Estimated remaining processing time: 10 Week(s) 
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the
following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Review of eligibility 
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results 
November 9, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents 
We do not need additional documents.
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more
information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 9, 2019:You passed the medical exam.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application
process along.
Application received 81% complete Estimated completion date *
July 22, 2019 Estimated completion date:
July 22, 2020
* The estimated processing time may change depending on how many applications we receive and other factors.
This progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application.

Interview 
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics 
October 22, 2019 Completed.
Background check 
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision 
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision
No one can tell you how long it will be.

Jiniya

Apr 14, 2020
thanks for your share, maybe my case needs more time, it's still in normal processing time
I don't think anybody will experience faster than normal processing during COVID.

Once you reach 100% "progress" you can reach out to them. Even the phone works. We only spent ~40 mins on hold.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hello

I am submitting Outland Sponsorship application very soon.

I have a question regarding details about honeymoon.

In IMM 5532 it is asking ,
"Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage
ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?

I did not go to honeymoon immediately after marriage but I went for it during my 2nd trip to my country and It was approx. 7 months after marriage.

Can I include this trip as a Honeymoon or just for normal travel for above question ?

If yes then , Should I explain why I went late for it ?

Thank you

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hello

I am submitting Outland Sponsorship application very soon.

I have a question regarding details about honeymoon.

In IMM 5532 it is asking ,
"Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage
ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?

I did not go to honeymoon immediately after marriage but I went for it during my 2nd trip to my country and It was approx. 7 months after marriage.

Can I include this trip as a Honeymoon or just for normal travel for above question ?

If yes then , Should I explain why I went late for it ?

Thank you
I think it`s your choice :rolleyes: . i had wedding on Carribe so in same time we have wedding+honey moon

Reactions: NaineshPatel

Unbalanced

Aug 14, 2019
I'm a Canadian citizen and my US spouse and I want her to come here to Canada to live with me and start an inland application. Our current plan is for her just to drive up and come through the land border. She's going to bring an official marriage certificate and a scan copy of my passport to prove she's the spouse of me, a citizen. I know that family members are exempt from the travel ban, but is there any possibility she'll get trouble coming in because the visit isn't "necessary"? We're worried about the risk of her driving all the way there for nothing if she gets denied at the border.