+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
9. Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage
ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?
Yes No

Should I say yes or no here ?

So dad passed away on Feb 12th, so we decided to get married because I cannot return to lebanon, no more vacation days & covid-19......I took my uncle & my brother to her house on feb 22, I asked for her hand.....first time meeting her parents. We did not anything, just lunch. No pictures, maybe one or 2...it was the first time meeting all her sisters and brothers......and since I needed to come back to canada on Feb 28th, I went with my wife and her dad to the court on Feb 24th and got married there. All happened quick though. so Is this considered a ceremony or an event ? or No ? If yes, what should I name the event ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question which might sound a bit silly but in the document checklist IMM5533 Part - B Employment/Source of Income section - shall I check Employed or Unemployed? I am laid-off from work temporarily and on CERB until this whole COVID situation is over and hoping to get back on the job as soon as possible and I have a letter from my employer stating the same.

The reason I am asking is that I can provide supporting documents accordingly to the option I select.

Thanks in advance! @canuck_in_uk
Technically, you're unemployed, so put that and include a full explanation with your employer letter.

Reactions: Fdroid and malimu

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I m from India, born in 1971 at home not in any hospital. So my birth at that time was not registered officially anywhere. My metric certificate showing date of birth is used as my birth certificate, will the same be used as birth certificate document for my spousal sponsorship to Canada.
Read the country-specific guidelines.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
9. Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage
ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?
Yes No

Should I say yes or no here ?

So dad passed away on Feb 12th, so we decided to get married because I cannot return to lebanon, no more vacation days & covid-19......I took my uncle & my brother to her house on feb 22, I asked for her hand.....first time meeting her parents. We did not anything, just lunch. No pictures, maybe one or 2...it was the first time meeting all her sisters and brothers......and since I needed to come back to canada on Feb 28th, I went with my wife and her dad to the court on Feb 24th and got married there. All happened quick though. so Is this considered a ceremony or an event ? or No ? If yes, what should I name the event ?
It was a wedding.

Are court weddings common in your culture/country/religion? If not, that is a huge red flag, along with the fact that you hadn't yet met her family and spent barely any time together after the wedding. What is the relationship history? How did you meet? How much time together in person before marrying?

Reactions: malimu

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
It was a wedding.

Are court weddings common in your culture/country/religion? If not, that is a huge red flag, along with the fact that you hadn't yet met her family and spent barely any time together after the wedding. What is the relationship history? How did you meet? How much time together in person before marrying?
lot of Red flags even for an outsider. Better have massive back up of communications from both history n u may need to write a pretty big write up to convince anyone of your action leading to relationship and or marriage. Covig is not a reason with lack of prior history leading to wedding my 2cents worth

Fdroid

May 29, 2019
Any tips/advice on organizing the forms and documents in a way that it's easier for IRCC agents to make sense of everything and process them easily. I read somewhere they take out all the paper clips/sticky notes right away as they need to make xerox copies of the forms and documents and all of that gets in the way. Also, please share pictures if you can to show how you arranged your documents. Thanks in advance!

I hope this post also helps others in future.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Any tips/advice on organizing the forms and documents in a way that it's easier for IRCC agents to make sense of everything and process them easily. I read somewhere they take out all the paper clips/sticky notes right away as they need to make xerox copies of the forms and documents and all of that gets in the way. Also, please share pictures if you can to show how you arranged your documents. Thanks in advance!

I hope this post also helps others in future.
Just follow the checklist.

Reactions: Anne16

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
if i am not mistaken i believe the detail guide tells you what to do. Also u may be lucky n find this topic was covered lots before. May need to dig thru the forum to find out how others did it . Follow the check list n follow how to put all together.

mujtabazia

May 28, 2019
I have one question, not sure I am writing it in the right spot. In checklist documents step #7 "Proof of Relationship" They are asking for chats. I do have Whatsapp chats but they are in the roman language (urdu). there is a lot of chat that including photos between them as well. Do I have to translate all into English in order to submit to with file? I am not sure what time period I exactly choose for the chat?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have one question, not sure I am writing it in the right spot. In checklist documents step #7 "Proof of Relationship" They are asking for chats. I do have Whatsapp chats but they are in the roman language (urdu). there is a lot of chat that including photos between them as well. Do I have to translate all into English in order to submit to with file? I am not sure what time period I exactly choose for the chat?
As stated quite clearly right on the checklist, yes, they have to be formally translated. Select a sample over the course of the relationship.

Reactions: malimu

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
PART C - INFORMATION ABOUT RELATIONSHIP - TO BE FILLED OUT BY THE SPONSOR AND THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

7- Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship? Yes

If yes, give details below.

the more people the better ? If I need an extra paper I can add one right ? so far I added 10 people....with an extra paper. Should I attach this paper to this form after I print it ? should I say somwhere else that I have an extra paper ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PART C - INFORMATION ABOUT RELATIONSHIP - TO BE FILLED OUT BY THE SPONSOR AND THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

7- Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship? Yes

If yes, give details below.

the more people the better ? If I need an extra paper I can add one right ? so far I added 10 people....with an extra paper. Should I attach this paper to this form after I print it ? should I say somwhere else that I have an extra paper ?
No, not the more, the better. If IRCC wanted more, they would have provided more spaces in the form. They gave 5 spaces, stick to that.