+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I have similar case. I have applied for Visitor visa from inside canada to restore my status. And spousal application is ready to be sent. But I need suggestions. I have made a post regarding that.
You should look for applying temporary resident permit that’s what I am applying for with the inland spousal application.

navk2629

Sep 16, 2019
You should look for applying temporary resident permit that’s what I am applying for with the inland spousal application.
I have already applied for visitor visa (visitor record) to restore status. Do u know if they refuse my visitor visa and at the same the PR application is in process, in that case do i have to leave country?

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I have already applied for visitor visa (visitor record) to restore status. Do u know if they refuse my visitor visa and at the same the PR application is in process, in that case do i have to leave country?
Well, what did your lawyer say about the processing time? My lawyer said both the application for trp and spousal will be processed in 4 months. They will surely process the spousal sponsorship.

navk2629

Sep 16, 2019
Well, what did your lawyer say about the processing time? My lawyer said both the application for trp and spousal will be processed in 4 months. They will surely process the spousal sponsorship.
For the trp, the processing time is around 100 days right now. And for the spousal application it is around 1 year. He said some spousal have been processed in 5 months this year but only few. Mostly takes 1 year

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
For the trp, the processing time is around 100 days right now. And for the spousal application it is around 1 year. He said some spousal have been processed in 5 months this year but only few. Mostly takes 1 year
My lawyer has said 4-5 months
They’re getting processed pretty fast.

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hello everyone. I need suggestion from you guys.
I was out of status and had 3 months to restore status. During those 3 months I married and my wife is PR. Based on the marriage my lawyer applied for visitor record (visitor visa) just to restore the status. He also stated in the application that we are gathering documents to file a sponsorship application.
Now our spousal sponsorship application is ready and the lawyer says we can send it without waiting for the decision on visitor record application. What are your suggestions about this? Should we send it? Has anyone heard of similar case?
We are not submitting OWP application. And moreover, our marriage may seem like its marriage of convinience but in actual it is not as we have lot of proofs to prove we were in relationship since 2014.
One more question - If my visitor visa application is rejected, will I have to leave Canada? My spousal PR app. will be in process though by that time if I send it this week.
Whilst it is true you can apply for PR during Implied status (given your visitor record decision is pending); it is a risky move to send off for PR. i'm just curious on why you wouldn't send in the OWP along with the PR app as if your visitor record is declined then you are considered out of status and you would have 90 days to restore from the day of refusal. You don't have to leave canada immediately, you just have to apply within those 90days, if you don't then yes, you will be told to leave. However! There is an option called "public policy" which can help to stop you needing status with inland PR, least from what I told on the phone by the CIC but again, it's not guaranteed.

From my own experience of applying for a 2nd visitor record (extension) it is generally not accepted as they will see your sponsorship application and decline you based on that verdict as you are considered "not going to leave canada" even though it's obvious what PR is.

If you applied for OWP with the PR app; and it is accepted, then that generally lasts for 2 years and you get implied until the decision is made which is generally 4months from that. It just might be less stressful for you?

Anyways, hope this helps in any case?

Angelo25

Jun 6, 2017
Iccliff seems to being doing their best to make it more confusing.

As you don't live together, you CANNOT apply under the Spouse in Canada class, which is also called inland. You will 100% be refused.

You must apply under the Family Class, which is also called outland. It is perfectly fine for you to be in Canada while applying outland.

Hi. I have one more question. I wanna show you a copy of the checklist that i cannot understand. But i dont know how to download it here.

navk2629

Sep 16, 2019
Whilst it is true you can apply for PR during Implied status (given your visitor record decision is pending); it is a risky move to send off for PR. i'm just curious on why you wouldn't send in the OWP along with the PR app as if your visitor record is declined then you are considered out of status and you would have 90 days to restore from the day of refusal. You don't have to leave canada immediately, you just have to apply within those 90days, if you don't then yes, you will be told to leave. However! There is an option called "public policy" which can help to stop you needing status with inland PR, least from what I told on the phone by the CIC but again, it's not guaranteed.

From my own experience of applying for a 2nd visitor record (extension) it is generally not accepted as they will see your sponsorship application and decline you based on that verdict as you are considered "not going to leave canada" even though it's obvious what PR is.

If you applied for OWP with the PR app; and it is accepted, then that generally lasts for 2 years and you get implied until the decision is made which is generally 4months from that. It just might be less stressful for you?

Anyways, hope this helps in any case?
Actually right now I dont have any status. The visitor visa I have applied for was to restore my status. My lawyer told me that to apply for OWP with the PR app, you need to have a valid status which I dont have. Is this true?
He told me that once the visitor visa is approved, only then we can send application for OWP. I searched online, and this thing was not clearly explained anywhere.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Hello everyone. I need suggestion from you guys.
I was out of status and had 3 months to restore status. During those 3 months I married and my wife is PR. Based on the marriage my lawyer applied for visitor record (visitor visa) just to restore the status. He also stated in the application that we are gathering documents to file a sponsorship application.
Now our spousal sponsorship application is ready and the lawyer says we can send it without waiting for the decision on visitor record application. What are your suggestions about this? Should we send it? Has anyone heard of similar case?
We are not submitting OWP application. And moreover, our marriage may seem like its marriage of convinience but in actual it is not as we have lot of proofs to prove we were in relationship since 2014.
One more question - If my visitor visa application is rejected, will I have to leave Canada? My spousal PR app. will be in process though by that time if I send it this week.
Do some research on this forum. I have seen few times about out of status cases. Here is just the link I have found... https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/success-applicant-being-out-of-status.619309/#post-7710367

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-extension-refused-what-to-do-now.517483/

canuckinla

Jun 25, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
Any idea how long it takes to get SA when the sponsor is not living in Canada but is planning on returning?

I'm the sponsor living in the US (dual citizen) sponsoring my wife who is also a US citizen.

I got AOR on Sept 5 but nothing since. Getting anxious.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Actually right now I dont have any status. The visitor visa I have applied for was to restore my status. My lawyer told me that to apply for OWP with the PR app, you need to have a valid status which I dont have. Is this true?
He told me that once the visitor visa is approved, only then we can send application for OWP. I searched online, and this thing was not clearly explained anywhere.
If you don't plan to apply for the OWP, submit the app now. If Restoration is approved, ensure you keep extending to maintain your status as needed.

If you want the OWP, wait on the Restoration app. If Restoration is approved, then you can submit the PR/OWP app.

In either case, if Restoration is refused, you will be told to leave Canada. It is your choice whether to leave or stay without status. Being without status will not cause the PR app to be refused but, while it rarely happens, people can and have been removed from Canada while a sponsorship app was processing.

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
Hi @canuck_in_uk my wife got a 10 yr multi entry visitor visa, so at every instance of visit, she can stay for max. 6 months? Also, if I opt for inland sponsorship when she visits me next year on her tourist visa for 6 months, will I risk application rejection based on dual intention purpose? I would be ready with my tax docs for my 1st year as a PR by that time? Also, if somebody wishes to travel on a 1 way ticket based on a tourist visa, will it be an issue? Sincere apologies for the lengthy post, kindly help