+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Success applicant being out of status

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
I wanna share my story to give hope for those people who have the same situation I have before I became permanent resident.

I came here November of 2014 that gave me 6 months visa, may 2014 I decided to extend my visa and it was approved for another 6 months.

November 2015- my extended visa expired and never extended anymore that leave me out of status till 2019.

June 2016- met my wife and we dated till august.

sept 2016- we decided to lived together

February 2017- we got engage

February 2018- we got married, while waiting for our marriage certificate we gathered all the documents we needed to apply PR.

Out of status

Sept 4: app sent (pr + pcc + biometrics)

Sept 6: app received

Sept 28: AOR

Dec 3: Med Req

Dec 11: Done Med

Dec 12: BGC started

Dec 18: Med passed

Feb 28: Ghost update

Mar 4: review of eligibility started

March 4: ecas started apps

march 5: DM both in ecas

March 6: AIP email

March 8: called ircc and they confirmed it was approved and etobicoke will contact me for landing schedule

March 12: SA email

March 15: DM letter

March 20: landing email

March 29: landed officially permanent residence

Overall 6months and 25 days

What we sent:

> fb posted pics showing the date and comments

> car insurance in both name

> wife life insurance i am beneficiary

> drivers license both same address

> letters from both families esp. our sons letter

> our sons school paper showing that we are both the emergency contact or allowed to pick him up

> phone log showing number from 2016 til 2017 just to show that we call each other from time to time.

> 40+ photos from 2016 till 2018 different hair style with a group of people most especially in public ( wedding, parties, picnic, camping etc)

> letter from the landlord as we pay cash so we just ask his letter which is notarized with his contact number and a copy of his id.

> different receipts places we went concerts, out of town, games etc

> phone bills bank bills internet bills showing our names and address

> joint account

> etransfers copy

Luckily our application goes smoothly and no need for interview

I hope this give you hope. Goodluck and god bless. Thank you so much.

Experience on the Landing:

My scheduled time was at 1pm.

We took an uber to etobicoke coz were not sure where to park the car, we arrived there at 11:30. Went inside got the number D291, on the screen was D290 we were about to sit but our number already on the screen so we just went right away on the lane 4. The lady was nice just ask when was the last time i came in.... did i commit any crime in and out of the country... if i have any dependent... ask our ID both, then she just print the COPR, sign and say congratulation. More and less around 5-10mins. Next we went to the other room for SIN another 10mins and were done.

At 12 were on the way home...

P.S now that im done next is my wife waiting to take exam for citizenship.

Goodluck everyone and all the best...

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
I wanna share my story to give hope for those people who have the same situation I have before I became permanent resident.

I came here November of 2014 that gave me 6 months visa, may 2014 I decided to extend my visa and it was approved for another 6 months.

November 2015- my extended visa expired and never extended anymore that leave me out of status till 2019.

June 2016- met my wife and we dated till august.

sept 2016- we decided to lived together

February 2017- we got engage

February 2018- we got married, while waiting for our marriage certificate we gathered all the documents we needed to apply PR.

Out of status

Sept 4: app sent (pr + pcc + biometrics)

Sept 6: app received

Sept 28: AOR

Dec 3: Med Req

Dec 11: Done Med

Dec 12: BGC started

Dec 18: Med passed

Feb 28: Ghost update

Mar 4: review of eligibility started

March 4: ecas started apps

march 5: DM both in ecas

March 6: AIP email

March 8: called ircc and they confirmed it was approved and etobicoke will contact me for landing schedule

March 12: SA email

March 15: DM letter

March 20: landing email

March 29: landed officially permanent residence

Overall 6months and 25 days

What we sent:

> fb posted pics showing the date and comments

> car insurance in both name

> wife life insurance i am beneficiary

> drivers license both same address

> letters from both families esp. our sons letter

> our sons school paper showing that we are both the emergency contact or allowed to pick him up

> phone log showing number from 2016 til 2017 just to show that we call each other from time to time.

> 40+ photos from 2016 till 2018 different hair style with a group of people most especially in public ( wedding, parties, picnic, camping etc)

> letter from the landlord as we pay cash so we just ask his letter which is notarized with his contact number and a copy of his id.

> different receipts places we went concerts, out of town, games etc

> phone bills bank bills internet bills showing our names and address

> joint account

> etransfers copy

Luckily our application goes smoothly and no need for interview

I hope this give you hope. Goodluck and god bless. Thank you so much.

Experience on the Landing:

My scheduled time was at 1pm.

We took an uber to etobicoke coz were not sure where to park the car, we arrived there at 11:30. Went inside got the number D291, on the screen was D290 we were about to sit but our number already on the screen so we just went right away on the lane 4. The lady was nice just ask when was the last time i came in.... did i commit any crime in and out of the country... if i have any dependent... ask our ID both, then she just print the COPR, sign and say congratulation. More and less around 5-10mins. Next we went to the other room for SIN another 10mins and were done.

At 12 were on the way home...

P.S now that im done next is my wife waiting to take exam for citizenship.

Goodluck everyone and all the best...
Hie, just out of curiosity. How did you get your PCC and bio metrics done in Canada as you earlier mentioned you were out of status?

Reactions: Prettyjhazz

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Also curious, what is your home- country? Seems like Portugal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why did you stay in Canada when you were out of status and weren't even in a relationship? Going to guess that there was a high likelihood that you were working during this time without a permit. Luvkily it worked out for you but wouldn't encourage others to remaim in Canada while they are out of status or work illegally. Both can also get you deported. Luckily it worked out for you but not a model to follow. Luckily you also weren't the one who had to carry the baby or else you wouldn't have had health coverage.

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Why did you stay in Canada when you were out of status and weren't even in a relationship? Going to guess that there was a high likelihood that you were working during this time without a permit. Luvkily it worked out for you but wouldn't encourage others to remaim in Canada while they are out of status or work illegally. Both can also get you deported. Luckily it worked out for you but not a model to follow. Luckily you also weren't the one who had to carry the baby or else you wouldn't have had health coverage.
Life happens, no judgments

MarcKay

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
I don't think @Prettyjhazz trying to encourage others to stay out of status, but that are ways to make it right. There are way more challenges than being deported or pay for your own medical coverage. Like persecution, depression, exploitation, hardship and no funds to return back home and others. Unless you're in their shoes, you've no idea why they took this path.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think @Prettyjhazz trying to encourage others to stay out of status, but that are ways to make it right. There are way more challenges than being deported or pay for your own medical coverage. Like persecution, depression, exploitation, hardship and no funds to return back home and others. Unless you're in their shoes, you've no idea why they took this path.
Portugal is not country known for persecution and EU citizens can move o other EU countries.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
This may be true, but there seem to be no repercussions what so ever to overstay, work illegally and the such. And as mentioned, he was from Portugal, a EU nation, not on the list of nations where persecution is prevalent He just decided to not renew his status, and stay