+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ajs22

Jun 6, 2011
I have Japanese documents which I need to submit in English. The form says they have to be officially translated. It says nothing about notarized. If I get them translated by an official translation company and it comes with certification that they did it, is that good enough? Or do I need to fork out the extra $300 to get them all notarized??

thanks

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Hi.
I have one question, maybe someone can help:

I'm married whit Canadian, we haven't applied for PR yet, and its complicated, we got married in Canada, but I left and now I'm working in my country ( Latvia ), but can I apply and get some work visa in Canada? or its not impossible anymore because of marriage?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neftiida said:
Hi.
I have one question, maybe someone can help:

I'm married whit Canadian, we haven't applied for PR yet, and its complicated, we got married in Canada, but I left and now I'm working in my country ( Latvia ), but can I apply and get some work visa in Canada? or its not impossible anymore because of marriage?

Thank you!
You'll need to find an employer in Canada first (i.e. someone who is willing to offer you a job in Canada). That employer will then have to go through the LMO (Labour Market Opinion) process to prove they could not find a Canadian to hire for the job and this is why they have to hire you. If the employer is approved after submitting the LMO paperwork to the government, you can then appy for a work permit. If you are approved, your work permit will be tied to that employer (i.e. you will only be able to work for that employer using that work permit).

So the short answer is that you can certainly obtain a work permit - but the process takes times and is difficult.

Hope this helps.

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Thank you so much for your answer... its gives a hope :)

but how I understand than that's the only way ? I cant apply for visa "Skilled workers and professionals" ?

Thank you one more time!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajs22 said:
I have Japanese documents which I need to submit in English. The form says they have to be officially translated. It says nothing about notarized. If I get them translated by an official translation company and it comes with certification that they did it, is that good enough? Or do I need to fork out the extra $300 to get them all notarized??

thanks
No, the certification by the translation company is sufficient.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neftiida said:
Thank you so much for your answer... its gives a hope :)

but how I understand than that's the only way ? I cant apply for visa "Skilled workers and professionals" ?

Thank you one more time!
Yes - you can also apply to immigrate as a skilled worker or professional. Information about this process is here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hey Neftiida!

I'm from Latvia, too :) and if you want to come back to Canada you have couple of options to choose from:

1. as you do not need a visa to come to Canada (if you hold Latvian passport) you can come visit any time and stay up to 6 month and then apply to extend your stay as a visitor. You will not be able to work though, but since immigration processing times have been extended recently you can stay in Canada while immigration is processing your application (currently appr 164 days as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp) and then longer in case they extend it.

2. not sure about your age, but there is youth exchange program available for Latvian citizens (for more details go to http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/baltic_states-pays_baltes/experience_canada_experience/latvia-lettonie/working_holiday-vacances_travail.aspx), but the window of opportunity is very small as amount of work permit's is limited so prepare all your docs in advance. This type of work permit allows you to work for any employer within work permit's validity dates, it can be also extended once you have permanent contract within area of your professional expertise.

Good luck!

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Hi,

Thank you Scylla and thank you Latvian....

Latvian, the thing is I already had "work and travel" visa and day before my visa expired I got married and didn't left Canada, till now ( in august will be year how we are married).... so that's why I'm worried, that Canada will not let me in and will not give Temporary Residence ( even if I would have return ticket or proves about my income in Latvia) , because they will think I will not come back....

can i found out somewhere am I in some kinda immigration or some other "black list" ?

Thanks...

Gabe1921

Jun 9, 2011
Hi everyone I am new on this blog, I have 2 situations to put on the table and I will appreciate your input. I am a Canadian resident since 2000 but on 2009 I left Canada in order to attend my mother in Mexico due her illness (cancer) she died 2 weeks ago and I finished all the issues around her death (bills). My first problem in order to comeback to Canada is my PR card it is expired and the second problem is I want to bring my wife to Canada, we have been married for 3 years. I am think to show myself at the Canadian consulate and explain my situation but I want to make sure if is the right thing to do. Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neftiida said:
can i found out somewhere am I in some kinda immigration or some other "black list" ?
No - unfortunately there's no way to find this out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Gabe1921 said:
Hi everyone I am new on this blog, I have 2 situations to put on the table and I will appreciate your input. I am a Canadian resident since 2000 but on 2009 I left Canada in order to attend my mother in Mexico due her illness (cancer) she died 2 weeks ago and I finished all the issues around her death (bills). My first problem in order to comeback to Canada is my PR card it is expired and the second problem is I want to bring my wife to Canada, we have been married for 3 years. I am think to show myself at the Canadian consulate and explain my situation but I want to make sure if is the right thing to do. Thanks in advance.
You should start by applying for a travel document. The Travel Document will allow you to return to Canada. Hopefully you have met the residency obligation (have lived in Canada for at least 730 days of the last 5 years). If you have, you should be able to get the travel document without any issues. Your wife won't be able to move to Canada until you have sponsored her and she has been approved as a permanent resident. If you would like her to be able to come to Canada now - your best bet is to try to apply for a visit visa (note that she may be refused if she not have strong ties to Mexico and they believe she wants to stay in Canada long term). Also note that since you are a permanent resident (rather than a citizen), you can only sponsor your wife while you are living in Canada. You must also continue to live in Canada while her application is being processed.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Neftiida,

Scylla is right, there is no way to know ab the black list...

So my understadnign is that you overstayed, right? But you're still married to a Canadian Citizen, right?

Did they say you smth at the border when you left? Like asked why did you overstay and got you to talk to an immigration officer or only border control?

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Latvian...

We never thought that I have broken the law and I'm overstaying, because we thought when we are married I can stay legally whit no problem, that I can work, travel and study and just later we find out that we must do all that paper work for PR! What can I say- young and dum :(

And no- none told me nothing on border... so we are really confused... But I believe in airport they can see, that my visa expired in august 12 in 2010, but i left Canada in may 18 2011... I don't think they know that Im married... so they think I did break my visa rules...

How you think?