May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hey guys!
I know this is the wrong thread but im in urgent need of some advice. Im sponsoring my minor dependent children (previous relationship) and is wondering if my spouse is needed as a cosigner when applying for CSQ? My spouse is currently out of Canada on business.
Thanks in advance!

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Hi all. I need some insights and any help would be highly appreciated. I am in a same sex relationship and we are from the Philippines. My partner is currently working in Taiwan and I am a naturalized Canadian. We are in a relationship since July 2010. So basically we are in a conjugal relationship. I am just wondering what date should I put when we started our conjugal relationship??? Our conversations started in 2010, we have 2 pictures for 2010 and the rest are from 2018 when I visited her in Taiwan and when we went home in the Philippines this May 2019. We shared financially and send remittances from 2016 until present. She is my beneficiary in my life insurance here in Canada but I have it on Nov 2018. We have joint bank account in the Philippines but it was just opened recently. We have letters, birthday cards, anniversary cards and parcels started year 2013. Now, I am confused to of what date we started to have conjugal relationship? Please kindly share your advice. Thank you in advance.

KiteRunnerCA

Mar 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
2019-02-28
Yes, so on GCKey once the medical is passed, it will change to say this. They'll take some time to process it still. Best wishes.
Today it was updated to medical passed :) Now only background check remaining which is in progress.

KiteRunnerCA

Mar 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
2019-02-28
Hi all. I need some insights and any help would be highly appreciated. I am in a same sex relationship and we are from the Philippines. My partner is currently working in Taiwan and I am a naturalized Canadian. We are in a relationship since July 2010. So basically we are in a conjugal relationship. I am just wondering what date should I put when we started our conjugal relationship??? Our conversations started in 2010, we have 2 pictures for 2010 and the rest are from 2018 when I visited her in Taiwan and when we went home in the Philippines this May 2019. We shared financially and send remittances from 2016 until present. She is my beneficiary in my life insurance here in Canada but I have it on Nov 2018. We have joint bank account in the Philippines but it was just opened recently. We have letters, birthday cards, anniversary cards and parcels started year 2013. Now, I am confused to of what date we started to have conjugal relationship? Please kindly share your advice. Thank you in advance.
I would say that you should be honest in your application. If it started in 2010 then you should put it like that.

gprasanna31

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Mumbai
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Passport Req..
01-04-2017
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi Experts

I received an email from IRCC last evening, and this was the content (mentioned below).

Good day (Applicant Name),

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly.

For more information on using a lawyer or other representative, or on how to become a representative, please visit our website.

You may also visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

(Some Name)

I understand that they are asking me to fill and submit the Use of representative form, but I didnt appoint any representative for my spousal visa and when i click on the below mentioned link "Use of a representative" the options i get are

1) Appointing a representative
2) Cancelling the appointment of a representative

My question is i dont have any representative so which option do i select.

Can someone help me with their inputs how do i proceed with this. Sorry for such a long post

Thank you in advance

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do i have to be present in canada for the whole duration of the application to sponsor my wife ? I am currently living in US and I am a Canadian PR since Jan 2017. My wife just got Canadian visitor visa as well. Any info on this someone can provide please or any advice that will be very helpful.

Thank You

Shong1013

Feb 16, 2017
Hi, my spouse and I received procedural fairness letter. It says I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have been cohabiting in the same residence in Canada since the filing of your application to present day. Now, I have a health issue and I need to go back home for checkup. Even my nurse practitioner here told me I would have to go and she gave me a proof of urgency. Do I need to write a written statement to them that I will be gone? Or I just dont know what to do.

Qurat ul ain

Feb 4, 2019
Heya peeps

I read a thread from a few years ago that if as a PR applicant, you didn't declare your girlfriend/boyfriend/fiance(e) and applied with Single label and basically you didn't live together/marry because of immigration barriers/religious law issues but managed to marry after you got PR, then you can never sponsor them even after you manage to marry in a country where your marriage is legal even if that marriage is legal in Canada. Is that true. It seems really outrageous. Isn't Conjugal very strictly for those who have absolutely no other choice but to do it this way? I'm very confused

KiteRunnerCA

Mar 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
2019-02-28
Hi, my spouse and I received procedural fairness letter. It says I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have been cohabiting in the same residence in Canada since the filing of your application to present day. Now, I have a health issue and I need to go back home for checkup. Even my nurse practitioner here told me I would have to go and she gave me a proof of urgency. Do I need to write a written statement to them that I will be gone? Or I just dont know what to do.
This letter is a serious warning that your application might be rejected. As I understand, officer has doubts that you have been living together in the same residence since you applied. You have to reply asap with extra proof otherwise your application might be rejected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

KiteRunnerCA

Mar 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
2019-02-28
Heya peeps

I read a thread from a few years ago that if as a PR applicant, you didn't declare your girlfriend/boyfriend/fiance(e) and applied with Single label and basically you didn't live together/marry because of immigration barriers/religious law issues but managed to marry after you got PR, then you can never sponsor them even after you manage to marry in a country where your marriage is legal even if that marriage is legal in Canada. Is that true. It seems really outrageous. Isn't Conjugal very strictly for those who have absolutely no other choice but to do it this way? I'm very confused
Why would you apply as a single in such case? without even mentioning your fiancee?
On my application I had to add my kids even tho they are not immigrating to Canada. It was clearly mentioned in instruction documents that if I don't add them in application then in the future it will be impossible to sponsor them if they would like to live in Canada. I guess the same rule might apply to case you are describing.

KiteRunnerCA

Mar 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
2019-02-28
Do i have to be present in canada for the whole duration of the application to sponsor my wife ? I am currently living in US and I am a Canadian PR since Jan 2017. My wife just got Canadian visitor visa as well. Any info on this someone can provide please or any advice that will be very helpful.

Thank You
  • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.

KiteRunnerCA

Mar 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
2019-02-28
What about bf/gf? It's really not the same as having a child.
I found something that supports my previous info. Please check below link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=256&top=28

Who should I include on my permanent residence application?
You must include all your family members even if they are not coming to Canada with you. This includes:

• spouse or partner
  • dependent children
  • dependent children of dependent children (grandchildren)
Also, for you to become a permanent resident, all your family members must pass a medical exam and background checks even if they are not coming to Canada with you.

If you don’t include all of them:

• you could be refused entry into Canada, and
  • you may not be able to sponsor the family members you didn’t include in your application to come to Canada at a later date.

I would suggest you get a immigration lawyer who can help you to sort it out and find best option. Good luck!

Qurat ul ain

Feb 4, 2019
I found something that supports my previous info. Please check below link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=256&top=28

Who should I include on my permanent residence application?
You must include all your family members even if they are not coming to Canada with you. This includes:

• spouse or partner
  • dependent children
  • dependent children of dependent children (grandchildren)
Also, for you to become a permanent resident, all your family members must pass a medical exam and background checks even if they are not coming to Canada with you.

If you don’t include all of them:

• you could be refused entry into Canada, and
  • you may not be able to sponsor the family members you didn’t include in your application to come to Canada at a later date.

I would suggest you get a immigration lawyer who can help you to sort it out and find best option. Good luck!
Thanks. There's also this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14

First we need to find a country where we can both travel to (in my case, get a visa for) and marry in legally.