+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Irish.e

Jun 27, 2019
Is anyone here know if I can pass the biometrics in advance together with my application for permanent residence documents etc? If yes how?

Thank you!!

Irish.e

Jun 27, 2019
hey guys,

how long typically does it take to hear something back after doing the medical exam? we completed everything (medical, biometrics etc.) and our last update was march 7th when my husband passed the medical exam. we haven't heard anything since. any advice?

Timeline:
App received: September 12th 2018
AOR 1: December 16th 2018
Biometrics: Requested January 9th/ received January 13th 2019
SA: January 27th 2019
File transfer to SGVO: January 28th 2019
AOR 2 : January 31st 2019
Medical: Requested February 27th/ passed March 7th 2019

Haven't had any update since then :(
Hello!! Maybe you should contact them and ask for updates. They just might forgot to process your papers since they have so many papers to do. Better be sure than just to wait there. Theres nothing wrong with asking naman for updates. Goodluck! :)

Anyway, im not passing my papers yet. Does anyone here knows if I can pass the biometrics and medical in advance? I am planning to pass it together with my application for permanent residence under family class to avoid delays tska para mas mapadali sana? Is it allowed? And if yes, how?? Where?

Thank you!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hel

I'm trying to complete my application to I would be appreciate if you let me know what documents you want to send
we are sending from abroad so I'm confused with proof of intention to relocate and financial documents.
Financial proof is easy. Your savings, value of property in your name, etc. Proof of intent to return can include proof you have resigned from your job effective a certain date, proof that you have found a new job in Canada or have been applying, proof that you have been looking for accommodations in Canada, etc. There are threads on this issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied on septamber 2018 i recived confirmation letter on December 2018 Start my medical at jun 2019 week after they change my status to pass the medical exam and thats it background check and eligibility and other staff no action my estimated time on website 59 days
Cairo visa office
Can you guys please guess when and what the next step ?
This is fairly normal processing time. Average time for spousal sponsorship is 12 months but many take longer including in North Africa. You can order GCMS notes for more information about your application.

Reactions: Moe shedid

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey guys,

how long typically does it take to hear something back after doing the medical exam? we completed everything (medical, biometrics etc.) and our last update was march 7th when my husband passed the medical exam. we haven't heard anything since. any advice?

Timeline:
App received: September 12th 2018
AOR 1: December 16th 2018
Biometrics: Requested January 9th/ received January 13th 2019
SA: January 27th 2019
File transfer to SGVO: January 28th 2019
AOR 2 : January 31st 2019
Medical: Requested February 27th/ passed March 7th 2019

Haven't had any update since then :(
This is not unusual. You can order GCMS to see what stage you are at. Sponsorship takes on average 12 months but can take longer. There are long periods during the background check where you hear nothing for many months.

Angelica Man

May 2, 2019
Hi Mandie,
Thanks so much for your response and advice. Yes I agree with you that is too soon To get married after 3 even 6 months and it can be a red flag for immigration. My boyfriend wants to do it sooner than later and in a way I understand him. Life in Marocco is not as easy in terms of finding jobs and other aspects .I think is best to wait and date for at least 6 months so then get married. I could visit once and after that we can see what s next. His theory is that if we wait is going to be another year or so until he can cone here...he wants to be with me asap...He is genuine and a very good person and I know sounds cliche but I believe he really loves me. He is not doing it for the papers...I know there are lots of stories out there about Maroccan men being scammers and wanting to get out of the country no matter who they marry older or younger women...I am.sure there have been cases like that but I spoke to a few American ladies that I have met online that are married to Maroccans. Ine told me she went to see her husband after 2 weeks of dating and they married and are together. I think from Immigration POV getting married too soon is a red flag but if.wencan pove the relationship is really genuine through providing emails and text of our conversations we might be okay.
Now I know that dating longer is great and I would do it if he were here or I were there but I am willing to try in the Fall or Spring 2020 see what happens.

Mendy09

Jun 27, 2019
Hi Mandie,
Thanks so much for your response and advice. Yes I agree with you that is too soon To get married after 3 even 6 months and it can be a red flag for immigration. My boyfriend wants to do it sooner than later and in a way I understand him. Life in Marocco is not as easy in terms of finding jobs and other aspects .I think is best to wait and date for at least 6 months so then get married. I could visit once and after that we can see what s next. His theory is that if we wait is going to be another year or so until he can cone here...he wants to be with me asap...He is genuine and a very good person and I know sounds cliche but I believe he really loves me. He is not doing it for the papers...I know there are lots of stories out there about Maroccan men being scammers and wanting to get out of the country no matter who they marry older or younger women...I am.sure there have been cases like that but I spoke to a few American ladies that I have met online that are married to Maroccans. Ine told me she went to see her husband after 2 weeks of dating and they married and are together. I think from Immigration POV getting married too soon is a red flag but if.wencan pove the relationship is really genuine through providing emails and text of our conversations we might be okay.
Now I know that dating longer is great and I would do it if he were here or I were there but I am willing to try in the Fall or Spring 2020 see what happens.
My second advice is don't read stories people are negative and they judge others listen to your heart use your mind it's your life don't let others decide it. You have to explain for him that waiting in the beginning is better than getting refused and waste more time and money. He has to know that canada immigration not easy as france or other European countries it's totally different system the officers see beyond details.
This whole process is a patience game. You have to be patient to deal with the process. Getting married first visit even if talking for years will still a red flag for the immigration even if you provide tons of emails and texts.
Go visit him first and see family and friends too take photos with them . You can go to see other places and take pics. Save tickets And restaurant receipts hotels too.
Go to Adoul office or family court get details about marriage process and papers to be ready the next visit . You have to do a wedding too and honeymoon.
Good luck Incha Allah

Last edited:
Reactions: malimu

Manbath

Jun 28, 2019
Hello guys I am planning to apply for my student visa from Nepal..I want you to help me. So the thing is my consultants have told me to apply for spouse visa after my student visa gets approved but we want to go together. Is it possible if he can accompany me in visit visa and after we reach Canada can he apply for open work Permit?
Hi dear
Have you got any answer for your question. I also have same situation and need some suggestions.

maripositalinda

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a question, is there a thread in this forum where I can check if the forms for spousal sponsorship and open work permit forms were updated? just to keep track of the updates easier.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

I have another quick question, I am basically ready to send my application again but checking everything I noticed some "x" I made on the upper corner in some pages of one form thinking it was wrong (it does not cover any fields or signatures though). It is alright to send them like thay?, or should I reprint them? You might say "just reprint them", but problem is that I have to go to my in-law to do it because my printer broke, and I really want to send this as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hello,
I had my girlfriend apply for a visitors visa, and she got approved. Now I will be going to my home country to get married and planning on bringing her here using the visitors visa she obtained months earlier. Can we land together in Canada and can I apply for inland sponsorship. Is this an OK to do? Any response would be appreciated.

Citizen01

Jun 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

If my wife is in Canada with a visitors visa, and we initiate the Spouse sponsorship program application, does the initiation of this application grant my wife the privilege of staying in Canada until a decision is made on our application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Mandie,
Everything that you have said about him in this post screams Marriage of Convenience. Wanting to apply sooner, wanting to be with you asap etc.

Emails and texts are not going to prove a genuine relationship. Every scammed spouse has that same stuff. Time spent together in person is what will count. Applying after only one or two visits will almost certainly result in a refusal.