+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I will be getting married in Nov this year. I am PR and My Fiancee has a visitor visa of Canada. After getting married, I am planning to bring her here with me and then planning to apply for In-land PR.

Now, Is it okay to book one-way ticket for her as we will be applying for In land PR and after applying she doesn't have any plan to go back ?
I have heard Airlines from India won't allow you to board in flight if you have don't have return ticket.

Should I go with one way ticket or two-way ticket? And obviously yes, If I will book two-way ticket, I will buy refundable one and will cancel the return ticket later on.

I would like to know your views/ some one who had kind of similar situation like me.

And one more question, Does immigration at the border put some kind of stamp in passport such as you have to leave the country by so and so date(For e.g. date of return ticket) or she can stay for straight 6 months?

Thanks
You can only buy a 1 way ticket to a country you are a resident of. She needs return ticket

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
@Leon @canuck_in_uk and others, hello, I am the sponsor and I am only sponsoring the PA, who is my wife (we do not have any dependent children) , is it mandatory and/or necessary to fill up and submit the IMM 0008DEPENU form as a part of our outland spousal sponsorship application submission?

My wife was a non accompanying spouse for my PR application and as per IRCC request, we got medicals done around 2 weeks before I got my COPR, so my wife's medicals would be valid at least till April 2020, so can she as a PA submit those medical details as a part of our outland spousal sponsorship application submission?

We are planning to submit our outland spousal sponsorship application submission in October 2019.

Also, if she gets an Indian PCC done in July 2019, can she use that Indian PCC (she does not have any other PCCs as she has no extensive travel history) as a part of our outland spousal sponsorship application submission?

For forms, namely, IMM5406E, IMM5476E, IMM5562E, can we fill up these forms using black ink instead of typing on them?

Kindly suggest..

Last edited:

dpap

Jun 11, 2019
You can only buy a 1 way ticket to a country you are a resident of. She needs return ticket
@Jaybee43 Thanks for you reply.

Now, Does Canada border agency put the stamp in passport based on the return ticket (like you have to leave the country by return date) or can she live for straight 6 months ?

Ultimately, I will be applying for In-land PR for her so she won't go back after coming here. Once we will submit the application she will be on implied status and she can live here until the decision has been made.

Thanks

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019

Now, Does Canada border agency put the stamp in passport based on the return ticket (like you have to leave the country by return date) or can she live for straight 6 months ?

Ultimately, I will be applying for In-land PR for her so she won't go back after coming here. Once we will submit the application she will be on implied status and she can live here until the decision has been made.

Thanks
Hi @dpap , when you are submitting the TRV application, you mention the duration of stay, for example, you mention the duration as 6 months, starting from 1st June to 1st Dec and so you would be buying the tickets accordingly, but is there a possibility that the TRV can be issued for a shorter duration, then in that case, your spouse would have to leave Canada before 6 months, I would suggest you can think about this possibility..

Others and Seniors, kindly suggest?
Also, please correct me if I am wrong..

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
Hi @dpap , when you are submitting the TRV application, you mention the duration of stay, for example, you mention the duration as 6 months, starting from 1st June to 1st Dec and so you would be buying the tickets accordingly, but is there a possibility that the TRV can be issued for a shorter duration, then in that case, your spouse would have to leave Canada before 6 months, I would suggest you can think about this possibility..

Others and Seniors, kindly suggest?
Also, please correct me if I am wrong..
@canuck_in_uk @Leon kindly suggest and rectify if I am wrong, your knowledge would definitely guide us in the right direction, please advise..

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
@Leon @canuck_in_uk and others, regarding form no. - IMM 5406, since I am sponsoring only my wife as the PA and we do not have any dependent children and also considering the legal(IRPR) and Basic Guide (IMM 5525) definitions, kindly suggest whether my wife should fill up this form only with her details or with the details of her parents and brother as well.
Although the PA's parents and siblings do not come under the context of the definition of "family member" as per the definitions outlined in Basic Guide and IRPR.

This seems to be confusing as IMM 5406 has sections for the PA's parents and siblings, but as per the checklist, the form should be filled by the PA and PA's respective "family members" who are already not Canadian PRs or citizens as well as are 18 years or older.

Please advice at the earliest..

Moe Hijj

Jul 28, 2017
Can anyone help me please..
I applied for family sponsorship 3 years ago and this year in February we win the appeal for Permanent Resident , the cic asked me to send the police clearance , medical exam and i did everything they ask for , then I did the biometric last month.. after that I didn’t get any email from them .
Can anyone tell me how long it will take to ask me to send them my passport to stamp the visa on it???
Thank you guys

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can anyone help me please..
I applied for family sponsorship 3 years ago and this year in February we win the appeal for Permanent Resident , the cic asked me to send the police clearance , medical exam and i did everything they ask for , then I did the biometric last month.. after that I didn’t get any email from them .
Can anyone tell me how long it will take to ask me to send them my passport to stamp the visa on it???
Thank you guys
I suggest you post in the appeals thread.

Reactions: Moe Hijj

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@Leon @canuck_in_uk and others, regarding form no. - IMM 5406, since I am sponsoring only my wife as the PA and we do not have any dependent children and also considering the legal(IRPR) and Basic Guide (IMM 5525) definitions, kindly suggest whether my wife should fill up this form only with her details or with the details of her parents and brother as well.
Although the PA's parents and siblings do not come under the context of the definition of "family member" as per the definitions outlined in Basic Guide and IRPR.

This seems to be confusing as IMM 5406 has sections for the PA's parents and siblings, but as per the checklist, the form should be filled by the PA and PA's respective "family members" who are already not Canadian PRs or citizens as well as are 18 years or older.

Please advice at the earliest..
She needs to fill out ALL FIELDS on IMM5406.

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
She needs to fill out ALL FIELDS on IMM5406.
Thanks @canuck_in_uk , please guide with below questions as well -

I am the sponsor and I am only sponsoring the PA, who is my wife (we do not have any dependent children) , is it mandatory and/or necessary to fill up and submit the IMM 0008DEPENU form as a part of our outland spousal sponsorship application submission?

My wife was a non accompanying spouse for my PR application and as per IRCC request, we got medicals done around 2 weeks before I got my COPR, so my wife's medicals would be valid at least till April 2020, so can she as a PA submit those medical details as a part of our outland spousal sponsorship application submission?

We are planning to submit our outland spousal sponsorship application submission in October 2019.

Also, if she gets an Indian PCC done in July 2019, can she use that Indian PCC (she does not have any other PCCs as she has no extensive travel history) as a part of our outland spousal sponsorship application submission?

For forms, namely, IMM5406E, IMM5476E, IMM5562E, can we fill up these forms using black ink instead of typing on them?

Kindly suggest..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks @canuck_in_uk , please guide with below questions as well -

I am the sponsor and I am only sponsoring the PA, who is my wife (we do not have any dependent children) , is it mandatory and/or necessary to fill up and submit the IMM 0008DEPENU form as a part of our outland spousal sponsorship application submission?

Kindly suggest..
No.

Yes.

Depends on where she is and when she applies.

You can write but typing is better, as it is easier to read.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
It will be great help if someone can answer my question.
I am a March 2019 applicant.
My husband is living in the US.
Biometric, medical everything was done by June 2019.
Got first email that my file got transferred to mississauga from sydney, then received a second email on june 11 that it got transferred to Los Angeles. He don't have any criminal background or anything. He was there in J visa but then applied for refugee status. His application is still pending and he has work permit to stay and work in the USA. Is that a resaon why his file was transferred to USA? I am really worried, we got married in US , it was a court marriage and we were planning to have our ceremonial marriage once he is CANADA. I was approved as a sponsor in April 15, only the background check was pending and then they did the transfer to Los Angeles visa office which is depressing. I was checking the forum and I have not seen any new march applicant in the same situation. Does anyone know, what should I be expecting next? Is there anyone in the same situation?? Are they suspecting that our relationship is not genuine. I am freaking out:(

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019

Thanks
The airline wont let go on the plane with a 1 way ticket

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,
It will be great help if someone can answer my question.
I am a March 2019 applicant.
My husband is living in the US.
Biometric, medical everything was done by June 2019.
Got first email that my file got transferred to mississauga from sydney, then received a second email on june 11 that it got transferred to Los Angeles. He don't have any criminal background or anything. He was there in J visa but then applied for refugee status. His application is still pending and he has work permit to stay and work in the USA. Is that a resaon why his file was transferred to USA? I am really worried, we got married in US , it was a court marriage and we were planning to have our ceremonial marriage once he is CANADA. I was approved as a sponsor in April 15, only the background check was pending and then they did the transfer to Los Angeles visa office which is depressing. I was checking the forum and I have not seen any new march applicant in the same situation. Does anyone know, what should I be expecting next? Is there anyone in the same situation?? Are they suspecting that our relationship is not genuine. I am freaking out:(
The refugee claim is the reason for the transfer to LA. They will likely request an interview. I suggest you request GCMS notes.