+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What if I started my application as outside Canada and my husband come to visit me in Canada and stay here? I this case can we change the status of application from outside Canada in to inside Canada or not
You cannot change from an outland to an inland application. If your husband gets into Canada and an interview or biometrics are required, he will need to return to the country of submission for the interview, or leave Canada for biometrics.

Reactions: Dani2012

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I got my medical cleared 25 april 2019 , Family class sponsorship (Permanent Resident visa)
How long from here it may take to get Passport request and permanent residency.
TIA
It takes approximately 12 months for the entire application to process. When did you get AOR?

Dani2012

Apr 30, 2019
I got my medical cleared 25 april 2019 , Family class sponsorship (Permanent Resident visa)
How long from here it may take to get Passport request and permanent residency.
TIA
You cannot change from an outland to an inland application. If your husband gets into Canada and an interview or biometrics are required, he will need to return to the country of submission for the interview, or leave Canada for biometrics.
What if the husband stayed with the wife in Canada as visiter and did his medical exam in Canada while he is staying with his wife this is acceptable right

samakh

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
28-10-2105
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016
Hello everyone,
I have a question to ask. I am sponsoring my husband and he has a degree in Design and works with Architects. I came to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker 2014 program therefore in order to claim points for education I sent my degrees from Pakistan to WES for assessment. After that whenever I applied for jobs nobody asked me for my degrees. They just cross-checked my professional experience.
My question is in order for my husband to apply for jobs in Canada does he needs to get his degrees assessed. Is it necessary or would it be just a waste of time, because in my experience with 2-3 employers, no one asked me for educational certificates.
Please guide!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What if the husband stayed with the wife in Canada as visiter and did his medical exam in Canada while he is staying with his wife this is acceptable right
If he is required to attend an interview in his country of submission he must go there to do it. If biometrics are requested, they cannot be given in Canada.

Reactions: Dani2012

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,
I have a question to ask. I am sponsoring my husband and he has a degree in Design and works with Architects. I came to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker 2014 program therefore in order to claim points for education I sent my degrees from Pakistan to WES for assessment. After that whenever I applied for jobs nobody asked me for my degrees. They just cross-checked my professional experience.
My question is in order for my husband to apply for jobs in Canada does he needs to get his degrees assessed. Is it necessary or would it be just a waste of time, because in my experience with 2-3 employers, no one asked me for educational certificates.
Please guide!
Under what program are you sponsoring him? If it's family class, credential evaluation is not required to evaluate the sponsorship. However, if he wants to work as an architect in Canada, it may be required for his licensing. But not by IRCC unless he's applying for economic immigration.

Reactions: samakh

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
It takes approximately 12 months to process the application. It is normal that you don't hear from IRCC very often as there is no update.There is no need to concern, just be prepared to wait for some time.
Is there any point in contacting them through email?

Dani2012

Apr 30, 2019
Thanks alot. Regarding the medical exam. It's ok to do it in Canada right even the application is consider as outside Canada this is what I did hoping i didnt do anything wrong. The counseltant informed told me there is no need to go back to your country as you are here visiting your wife you can do it in Canada and this what I did. I did medical exam in December and I haven't received anything since then . Just the medical exam has been received. I wish I didnt do a mistake by doing the medical exam in Canada while my application considered as outs

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks alot. Regarding the medical exam. It's ok to do it in Canada right even the application is consider as outside Canada this is what I did hoping i didnt do anything wrong. The counseltant informed told me there is no need to go back to your country as you are here visiting your wife you can do it in Canada and this what I did. I did medical exam in December and I haven't received anything since then . Just the medical exam has been received. I wish I didnt do a mistake by doing the medical exam in Canada while my application considered as outs
You can do the medical exam at any CIC panel approved physician anywhere in the world.

Reactions: Dani2012 and k.h.p.

Avirajgrewal

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Does anyone waiting for file transfer or had same situation as me My application was received 11 jan, Aor 5 march, sa 5 march , medical request 5 march, medical done 6 march , medical passed 13 march. Pa is in india But no updates after that .she has lived in england for 2.5 years and already provided the police clearance from england and india . I called cic twice they said file has notes that police clearance required and its provided . Are you guys have the same situation that you pa is lived any other country than resident country for more than six months . Please share your views on this.
Thanks

samakh

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
28-10-2105
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016
Under what program are you sponsoring him? If it's family class, credential evaluation is not required to evaluate the sponsorship. However, if he wants to work as an architect in Canada, it may be required for his licensing. But not by IRCC unless he's applying for economic immigration.
Thanks for the reply. Its spousal sponsorship and his application has been approved recently. I was just thinking that before leaving for Canada he might get his degrees assessed, it might make the job process easier for him in Canada. Should we go for it? What do you think?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the reply. Its spousal sponsorship and his application has been approved recently. I was just thinking that before leaving for Canada he might get his degrees assessed, it might make the job process easier for him in Canada. Should we go for it? What do you think?
He can have them assessed in Canada - and will have to if he applies to be an architect - or he can have them assessed any time he wants. Up to you.
The trick is that architecture is a regulated profession. You can't just decide to be an architect. You have to be licensed, and you have to demonstrate appropriate training and qualifications. He may be required to take transitional education here in Canada, and possibly write a licensing exam.

Reactions: samakh

gvalsa

Mar 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
Hello, I'm gathering all documents and information to be sponsored by my husband. I have a Question regarding the items that say principal applicants and all family members.

In my case will that be just me or my parents and sibling as well?
Which are my family members if I'm being sponsored as spouse?