Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-08-2019
Hi All,

I am a tri citizen, New Zealand, Venezuela and United Kingdon although my primary residence is New Zealand.

I'm moving to my Canadian wife's hometown of Calgary (married 7 years) and will be applying for inland PR with an open work visa attached as well.

My question is whether there is an advantage to applying with one nationality over the other?

I'm thinking of New Zealand due to the fact that we have been living in NZ together for the past 5 years.

However, if there is a significant preference given to one nationality over the other I would choose that.

Thanks in advance and if anyone is from Calgary pub recommendations would be brilliant!

Snoopy75

May 3, 2018
Thats what I'm saying. Where did you read that? If it was necessary, it would be stated in the guide and on the website.
That's what I figured, that if it was necessary it would be stated on the guide or in the checklist, and it's not. I read this information on a couple websites, most notably the Danish Foreign Affairs office that certain Danish documents have to be "legalized" to use abroad. The last thing I wanted to do was apply for sponsorship only to have the whole package sent back/rejected or something like this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I am a tri citizen, New Zealand, Venezuela and United Kingdon although my primary residence is New Zealand.

I'm moving to my Canadian wife's hometown of Calgary (married 7 years) and will be applying for inland PR with an open work visa attached as well.

My question is whether there is an advantage to applying with one nationality over the other?

I'm thinking of New Zealand due to the fact that we have been living in NZ together for the past 5 years.

However, if there is a significant preference given to one nationality over the other I would choose that.

Thanks in advance and if anyone is from Calgary pub recommendations would be brilliant!
There's going to be no advantage. Since you're applying inland, inland processing times will apply. You'll need to provide PCCs for everywhere you've lived since 18 and security / background checks will apply to all of these countries.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
hello.. can anyone help.. i applied for my wife's Inland application (AOR Received).. her Open work permit application was returned due to insufficient fees (very confusing as i paid only $100 and did not include $155)... i have only AOR at the moment...can i apply ONLINE?? or i have to send paper application only??

Anyone else on the similar situation??

What is approval in principle??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello.. can anyone help.. i applied for my wife's Inland application (AOR Received).. her Open work permit application was returned due to insufficient fees (very confusing as i paid only $100 and did not include $155)... i have only AOR at the moment...can i apply ONLINE?? or i have to send paper application only??

Anyone else on the similar situation??

What is approval in principle??
No, she can't apply online. Does she still have status?

Approval in Principle happens near the end. It means that you meet the eligibility requirements.

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
Hello everyone, pls I need advise on where to send my application to. I’m the sponsor and my wife and her dependent son lives in Africa. What address do I send my application? Is it the one that says cic Sydney : for spouse, common law partner outside canada
Or Mississauga?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I am applying for Inland sponsorship with my common-law spouse. Downloaded all the forms according the my country (uk). A bit confused though. Form IMM 5589 E : Document Checklist - COMMON-LAW PARTNER (INCLUDING DEPENDENT CHILDREN) section 5 asks what class I am applying for., I am currently living in Canada and applying through family class (which is fine). But then in brackets it has (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I thought I was applying under family class, but is that what I should be applying under? As usual, all informed suggestions gratefully received.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am applying for Inland sponsorship with my common-law spouse. Downloaded all the forms according the my country (uk). A bit confused though. Form IMM 5589 E : Document Checklist - COMMON-LAW PARTNER (INCLUDING DEPENDENT CHILDREN) section 5 asks what class I am applying for., I am currently living in Canada and applying through family class (which is fine). But then in brackets it has (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I thought I was applying under family class, but is that what I should be applying under? As usual, all informed suggestions gratefully received.
Wrong selection. Family Class = outland. You need to choose the first option.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Wrong selection. Family Class = outland. You need to choose the first option.
See that's what I don't understand then. I should be applying under Canada class then? On form IMM 0008 E GENERIC : Application For Permanent Residence In Canada it asks what program are you applying for and it only has 4 options - Family, Economic, Refugee & other

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
I am from Ahemadabad, Gujarat, India. Right now, my file is processing in Mississauga, Ontario.They sent me one email for biometrics payment but I didn't get biometrics instruction letter. Actually, they send biometrics payment letter. But that's not biometrics instruction letter and I booked my appointment for biometrics on May 1, 2019. Suddenly today, I knew about the letter is not biometrics instruction letter. I just made a payment on April 16, 2019 for biometrics but they didn't send biometrics instruction letter before my appointment. Can you please help me with that? And please help me what should I do next?
I think they send the payment instruction first, you pay and you have to follow the instructions about how and where to send the receipt. This letter is not the biometrics instruction letter, you'll have to wait for it. I got the same.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
See that's what I don't understand then. I should be applying under Canada class then? On form IMM 0008 E GENERIC : Application For Permanent Residence In Canada it asks what program are you applying for and it only has 4 options - Family, Economic, Refugee & other
Yes.

The program is Family sponsorship. Of that, there is the Family Class and the In Canada class.

Sayan Paul

Apr 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian citizen with Canadian PR currently planning to sponsor my spouse under the Family Class.

My question is that do I need to provide photo copies of birth certificate or originals as stated in the document checklist form IMM-5533e under section IDENTITY DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS which talks about birth certificates.

Thanks.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello Folks,

Can you please help me with this question:

I have received the Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation yesterday. My question is

If I put the application to sponsor my parents, will I be able to sponsor my spouse this year as well?

I was filling the form "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)" under Sponsor eligibility assessment

It says, "If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15
  • You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application.
Question 6:
Have you Submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?

Should I be checking YES if my parents' sponsor is still waiting for a final decision. or it should be NO as this is a Spousal Sponsorship. Please help

Thanks,