+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, have some questions.

I am in the process of sponsoring my husband inland Canada. I received a letter confirming that I been approved to be a sponsor which outlined my responsibilities as a sponsor. In this letter it stated that they will contact my husband separately.

What does this mean? How much longer will it take for us to know the final decision? Do we still need to do a interview?

Some background info: my husband already passed the medical, he is not required to do figure prints and he submitted all needed documents. The sponsor application started processing in Nov.2018. File was transferred a couple days ago.

This is very stressful, my husband en I have been married for a year en half now. We want to have a baby but dont want to just jump into it just in case we dont get approved.
Inland apps are processed pretty consistently within the 10-12 month mark.

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
I’m may 2018 Outland applicant. We have heard nothing since file transfer to London in July 2018. I visited my husband in November 2018, sent the voluntary docs , boarding pass, photos etc to LVO.

We have heard nothing since July 2018.
They are still reviewing eligibility of PA, medical was done as well
No background check, no nothing

My question is , should I wait until my reception date and then contact them ? Email ? Also can I order GCMS notes ?
Or should I wait until may and then spring into action ?

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
I have a question guys, sorry too many questions but what can I do. its not over yet , until its over right?

So I did my medical in August 2017 during my claim . so when I applied for sponsorship, cic never requested for medical. I think most of us received medical around January 2019.( that's over 1 yr validity) Now I still do not have any medical request, I already have SA, and AIP is it likely they will still request for it or no. Even though the expiry date on my medical says august 2019.

My application is based on time. Every minute and day counts for me due to CBSA.
So I am thinking to just do it now and not wait till they ask and it delays my app again.
they recently just requested for my passport and FBI cert, but never requested for medical.

Most of us are landing and I cant just figure why I cant get this done with. I applied sept 19th.

Sorry for the lamentation, what can a desperate man do ehy? oh well

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question guys, sorry too many questions but what can I do. its not over yet , until its over right?

So I did my medical in August 2017 during my claim . so when I applied for sponsorship, cic never requested for medical. I think most of us received medical around January 2019.( that's over 1 yr validity) Now I still do not have any medical request, I already have SA, and AIP is it likely they will still request for it or no. Even though the expiry date on my medical says august 2019.

My application is based on time. Every minute and day counts for me due to CBSA.
So I am thinking to just do it now and not wait till they ask and it delays my app again.
they recently just requested for my passport and FBI cert, but never requested for medical.

Most of us are landing and I cant just figure why I cant get this done with. I applied sept 19th.

Sorry for the lamentation, what can a desperate man do ehy? oh well
There are no upfront medicals for Family Class, so you can't just go and do it.

AL109

Apr 24, 2019
I received a letter requesting further documents for my common-law partner. I am the sponsor. The IRCC Vancouver office is requesting the following:

1) Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) - You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years)

2) IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels: You and your spouse must declare travel history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years)
I am 98% sure we completed IMM 5669 correct, but who knows. On the actual form it asks for details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is the most recent. Should I just follow the letter's instruction and give them details since age 18?

Also, is it normal for them to request IMM5562? As the sponsor do I need to complete Part B of IMM5562 for the spouse or common law section?

Lastly, is there a number I can call to specifically ask IRCC what was incorrect on the original IMM 5669 forms we sent?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I received a letter requesting further documents for my common-law partner. I am the sponsor. The IRCC Vancouver office is requesting the following:

1) Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) - You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years)

2) IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels: You and your spouse must declare travel history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years)
I am 98% sure we completed IMM 5669 correct, but who knows. On the actual form it asks for details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is the most recent. Should I just follow the letter's instruction and give them details since age 18?

Also, is it normal for them to request IMM5562? As the sponsor do I need to complete Part B of IMM5562 for the spouse or common law section?

Lastly, is there a number I can call to specifically ask IRCC what was incorrect on the original IMM 5669 forms we sent?

Thank you!
IRCC will often request another IMM5669 from the age of 18. Follow the letter.

Normal enough, yes. Sponsor doesn't need to fill it out.

No point in calling.

Ramisha

Oct 20, 2018
Hey Guys

I am a Canadian PR and I sponsored my husband in March 2019. I received AOR in April and now IRCC has asked for my previous paystubs from 2017, 2018 and my T1 and T4 from previous years as well. I am currently a student at the University of Regina and I used to work part time in 2018 and 2017. I did not have much income barely $5000 for 2017. I went back home in April 2018 and left my job and got married there. Then I came back to Canada in August 2018 and left again in December 2018 to visit my husband. In all this period after April 2018 I didnot have a job. I live with my parents in a joint family system so there was no urgent need for me to get work.
Now I am worried that my previous income is not enough and that they might object. Has anyone here gone through the same situation or has any experience as to what more documents or additional information I can provide to satisfy them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really worried right now

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
You
I’m may 2018 Outland applicant. We have heard nothing since file transfer to London in July 2018. I visited my husband in November 2018, sent the voluntary docs , boarding pass, photos etc to LVO.

We have heard nothing since July 2018.
They are still reviewing eligibility of PA, medical was done as well
No background check, no nothing

My question is , should I wait until my reception date and then contact them ? Email ? Also can I order GCMS notes ?
Or should I wait until may and then spring into action ?
Can certainly email, London has no phone number. Expect 2 to 3 weeks for a reply. London is very busy unfortunately :(

Bhatti202

Mar 26, 2019
Hello everyone!
Can anyone answer a few questions for me. I will be highly obliged.
I am a March 2018 applicant. I have received the pre-arrival services letter on 26th February 2019. My 12 months time has completed and they said in response to my enquiry that my application is in process of Background check and they don't know exactly when it will be completed.
My question is should i be worried? And what do u guys think that my application is approved or not? And one more question is that whether they can call for an interview after pre-arrival letter?
Anyone here with same scenario plz share ur experience.
My application is processing at London visa office.
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Guys

I am a Canadian PR and I sponsored my husband in March 2019. I received AOR in April and now IRCC has asked for my previous paystubs from 2017, 2018 and my T1 and T4 from previous years as well. I am currently a student at the University of Regina and I used to work part time in 2018 and 2017. I did not have much income barely $5000 for 2017. I went back home in April 2018 and left my job and got married there. Then I came back to Canada in August 2018 and left again in December 2018 to visit my husband. In all this period after April 2018 I didnot have a job. I live with my parents in a joint family system so there was no urgent need for me to get work.
Now I am worried that my previous income is not enough and that they might object. Has anyone here gone through the same situation or has any experience as to what more documents or additional information I can provide to satisfy them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really worried right now
You need to show them how you plan to support yourself and your spouse without welfare. If your parents will be supporting you both, then get a letter and bank statements from them.

Snoopy75

May 3, 2018
Probably overthinking this but after scouring the forms I haven't found much clarity. Would appreciate anyone who was married in Denmark, or Europe in general's insight!

I keep reading online that because Canada isn't a signatory of the 1961 Hague Convention, foreign documents need to be legalized, meaning they need a stamp from the Canadian embassy in the foreign country to be recognized as authentic in Canada. I've read and re-read the document checklist and the indepth guide, but haven't found anything about IRCC needing a marriage certificate legalized, just a photocopy to ensure it was legally done in the country. So my question is: do I need to go ahead and actually "legalize" my marriage certificate for Canada, or is the simple Danish marriage certificate, as it was given to me, sufficient?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Probably overthinking this but after scouring the forms I haven't found much clarity. Would appreciate anyone who was married in Denmark, or Europe in general's insight!

I keep reading online that because Canada isn't a signatory of the 1961 Hague Convention, foreign documents need to be legalized, meaning they need a stamp from the Canadian embassy in the foreign country to be recognized as authentic in Canada. I've read and re-read the document checklist and the indepth guide, but haven't found anything about IRCC needing a marriage certificate legalized, just a photocopy to ensure it was legally done in the country. So my question is: do I need to go ahead and actually "legalize" my marriage certificate for Canada, or is the simple Danish marriage certificate, as it was given to me, sufficient?
Don't go looking for random information. As clearly explained on the IRCC website and in the guide, a marriage certificate not in English or French must be formally translated. They specify how to do this.

Snoopy75

May 3, 2018
Don't go looking for random information. As clearly explained on the IRCC website and in the guide, a marriage certificate not in English or French must be formally translated. They specify how to do this.
My question was more about the original document itself. I know about the translations and how to do it (thankfully the international version has English), but this is more a kind of persnickety, bureaucratic method of legality. I read the document itself needs authentication from the Danish foreign ministry, as well as a stamp from the Canadian Embassy in Denmark that the document itself is valid in order to be recognized in Canada. I was wondering if that was necessary for IRCC or is all this not something IRCC cares about so long as the marriage itself was legal (it was of course).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My question was more about the original document itself. I know about the translations and how to do it (thankfully the international version has English), but this is more a kind of persnickety, bureaucratic method of legality. I read the document itself needs authentication from the Danish foreign ministry, as well as a stamp from the Canadian Embassy in Denmark that the document itself is valid in order to be recognized in Canada. I was wondering if that was necessary for IRCC or is all this not something IRCC cares about so long as the marriage itself was legal (it was of course).
Thats what I'm saying. Where did you read that? If it was necessary, it would be stated in the guide and on the website.