+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
Hello

I just got my landing appointment for inland spousal in 2 weeks. My husband (sponsor) is too stubborn to change his address on his ID since it still has his old address. Can we bring bills instead which has our present address for proof?
My husband is the same, we landed today. I brought our rental lease agreement and a couple pieces of mail and it went well! Good luck!

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Hello Everyone! I’m May 2018 applicant , no updates since file transfer to LVO in July.

I have a representative but he doesn’t reply to my inquires properly etc , I’m thinking of getting rid of him.
Do you think it will impact my file in any way? Also , do you think i will be able to getpaperwork back from him ?
I’m a bit hesitant to do this but I feel I canhandle the process from here onwards , thanks to this forum and other helpful pages.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello Everyone! I’m May 2018 applicant , no updates since file transfer to LVO in July.

I have a representative but he doesn’t reply to my inquires properly etc , I’m thinking of getting rid of him.
Do you think it will impact my file in any way? Also , do you think i will be able to getpaperwork back from him ?
I’m a bit hesitant to do this but I feel I canhandle the process from here onwards , thanks to this forum and other helpful pages.
No, there is no impact to your application. I don't know about the paperwork you mentioned, what are those?

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
I agree. This question is posted almost every day and people keep looking for that guarantee that they'll be let in or steps to take in order to be let in, and no one can here can give that. And since there's always that small chance of coming across an officer that's having a really bad day, the advice tends to be, "You will probably be let in, but there's a chance you won't, so don't travel unless you have to or are willing to take that risk."...
You know people only want to listen to what they like to hear and they are looking for some sort of guarantee here:D
As I said in my original post:
Do you have any experience travelling while waiting for your application to be processed? I am going on a trip with my spouse very soon, for one week, and I was hoping someone had experience with travelling while waiting... I understand no one can make any guarantees, it all depends on the officers at the POE, but I would like to know what to expect. I don't have TRV since it's not required for me, I have an eTA.
Hearing about experiences from others, what kind of questions they had to deal with, what kind of paperwork was key in their re-admission, could really help out. Not looking for guarantees, looking for people who have experienced it first hand. Like I said, no need to be rude. Good for you guys that you've never had to be in this position, but as someone who is currently in this position, all the information (even if it's repetitive) helps. If you can actually help me, great, if you can't, don't waste your time replying to my post. If you have nothing nice to say, why waste your time. I thought this forum was meant to help each other.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
As I said in my original post:

Hearing about experiences from others, what kind of questions they had to deal with, what kind of paperwork was key in their re-admission, could really help out. Not looking for guarantees, looking for people who have experienced it first hand. Like I said, no need to be rude. Good for you guys that you've never had to be in this position, but as someone who is currently in this position, all the information (even if it's repetitive) helps. If you can actually help me, great, if you can't, don't waste your time replying to my post. If you have nothing nice to say, why waste your time. I thought this forum was meant to help each other.
I actually wasn't replying to you, but to another poster. I never quoted any of your posts, but merely participated in a discussion that was initially started by one of your posts. I also don't think that mentioning that A) this is asked very frequently and B) there's no step by step guide to this that's gonna be foolproof is in any way rude.

This forum is indeed meant to help each other and we do that every single day, in our free time and free of charge (feel free to check the post numbers of members replying to you). Not getting the exact kind of answer you wanted doesn't mean people are being rude or unhelpful. Letting you know that there's no guarantees and that the search option will yield many existing experiences is in itself helpful, imo.

Good luck to you.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Paperwork meaning , my file , the photocopies of my docs etc that he made a file for immigration, he also has a copy of it
So you want to fire him totally? You can just remove him as your representative but remain as your lawyer in case something bad happens. I am sure even if you terminate the contract with him, you will not get your money back. If you want to terminate the contract with him, yes, I think he should return all the papers back to you.

Reactions: ksabir

Andre1

Feb 21, 2019
Question ..once you have an interview for PR to Canada and it is refused can you request a second interview..

Amra A

Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone, I am filling out the application for where my husband will sponsor me. We have two children who are already Canadian citizens. My question is: Do I list them as dependent children in my application?

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I just received this email from IRCC

"You have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey!

We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.

The survey is voluntary and will take about 15 minutes to complete."

Not sure what this mean as I haven't even received an AOR for the application yet. What decision have they reached?

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
Hi, my application received December 26/2018 but until now I haven’t receive any update, anyone here submitted on the same date?
Outland: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/
Inland: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-spousal-sponsorship-december-2018.599203/

People in groups mentioned above also submitted their application in December, depending on whether you sent out an inland or an outland application, you can see their timelines. Good luck :)