+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Bugoy741021

Mar 16, 2016
Hi!
Did you provide your email addresses? They will email either the sponsor or the PA. In my case they emailed me(sponsor).
Hi guys,

I am currently preparing for my wife's spousal sponsorship application.
I am a permanent resident in Canada and my wife is still in my home country. We got married in October 2018.
Situation is I am the sponsor and my wife is being sponsored( principal applicant).

I have a question regarding this form.

1. IMM1344 E Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Aggreement and Undertaking

Part 1: Application to Sponsor and Undertaking
If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

Box 1--Withdraw your sponsorship application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded
Box 2-- Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained

Question: Which of the above selections is applicable based on my situation?

Hope someone with the same experience in the past could help me on this one.

Thanks a lot in advance

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi guys,

I am currently preparing for my wife's spousal sponsorship application.
I am a permanent resident in Canada and my wife is still in my home country. We got married in October 2018.
Situation is I am the sponsor and my wife is being sponsored( principal applicant).

I have a question regarding this form.

1. IMM1344 E Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Aggreement and Undertaking

Part 1: Application to Sponsor and Undertaking
If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

Box 1--Withdraw your sponsorship application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded
Box 2-- Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained

Question: Which of the above selections is applicable based on my situation?

Hope someone with the same experience in the past could help me on this one.

Thanks a lot in advance
Withdrawing would be the option to choose since there is no point continuing if you are ineligible as further down you will end up getting refused and waste a few more months. Rather withdraw, rectify why you are ineligible and then apply again.

Inception14

Jan 9, 2018
Hello, am a permanent resident and just arrived in Canada in Nov 2018. I left my girlfriend back home and she's supposed to give birth to our child in March. I am planning to go back home in march both for the birth and also to do a quick wedding that will enable me to sponsor both the mother and the new born baby if all goes well. Am wondering how the child would be handled in such a case if the pregnancy comes to fruition God willing

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, am a permanent resident and just arrived in Canada in Nov 2018. I left my girlfriend back home and she's supposed to give birth to our child in March. I am planning to go back home in march both for the birth and also to do a quick wedding that will enable me to sponsor both the mother and the new born baby if all goes well. Am wondering how the child would be handled in such a case if the pregnancy comes to fruition God willing
Not sure what you mean by "handled". The child will be included in the sponsorship app.

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Hey everyone ,
I’m sponsoring my husband .
Application received May 2018
Medical passed
SA done
File transferred to LVO July 2018 ( didn’t receive email though )

No update , no movement nothing .
What can i do ?
Email them ?
Order notes ?
Or simply wait ?

It’s getting so frustrating now

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hey everyone ,
I’m sponsoring my husband .
Application received May 2018
Medical passed
SA done
File transferred to LVO July 2018 ( didn’t receive email though )

No update , no movement nothing .
What can i do ?
Email them ?
Order notes ?
Or simply wait ?

It’s getting so frustrating now
You are almost reaching the 12 month mark so can expect decision made and ppr any day now. Id suggest that if u waited it out this long do so for a month or two more (march end) and then request notes if things still dont seem to change. Stay positive you are almost at the finish line : )

Reactions: ksabir

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello guys we applied for pr i am the sponsor living abroad in lebanon with my wife and 3 year old son we have been married for 4 and half years now my work has gotten slow and i wa0nt my son to go to school in canada for a better education plus school here cost way to much thats why we applied application recieved oct 22 2018 aor 1 janurary 16 biometrics request janurary 26 sponsor approval letter janurary 31 medical exam passed on gckey feburary 6.. my question is about intent to return back to canada i sent a notarized letter from my father that he is expecting us to live with him and until we find our own place also i wrote a letter explaining our plans and that work here is slow now and i barely making enough to get by and dont have health insurance also want our son to have education in canada and we will be leaving after 1 or 2 weeks after my wife gets pr is that enough proof of intent? Also my bext step is aor 2 so wouldnt they have said something before if it wasnt enough?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys we applied for pr i am the sponsor living abroad in lebanon with my wife and 3 year old son we have been married for 4 and half years now my work has gotten slow and i wa0nt my son to go to school in canada for a better education plus school here cost way to much thats why we applied application recieved oct 22 2018 aor 1 janurary 16 biometrics request janurary 26 sponsor approval letter janurary 31 medical exam passed on gckey feburary 6.. my question is about intent to return back to canada i sent a notarized letter from my father that he is expecting us to live with him and until we find our own place also i wrote a letter explaining our plans and that work here is slow now and i barely making enough to get by and dont have health insurance also want our son to have education in canada and we will be leaving after 1 or 2 weeks after my wife gets pr is that enough proof of intent? Also my bext step is aor 2 so wouldnt they have said something before if it wasnt enough?
Doesn't look like much proof of intent to return. You will likely be requested for more. This happens later in the process; AOR is irrelevant.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
New
I am a Canadian, want to sponsor my Indian husband, who is working in Kuwait and residing in Kuwait presently.
can some explain the steps to apply , as it is a bit confusing to proceed.
Any one applying kuwait ?

Bugoy741021

Mar 16, 2016
Withdrawing would be the option to choose since there is no point continuing if you are ineligible as further down you will end up getting refused and waste a few more months. Rather withdraw, rectify why you are ineligible and then apply again.
Thanks for your response

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
New
I am a Canadian, want to sponsor my Indian husband, who is working in Kuwait and residing in Kuwait presently.
can some explain the steps to apply , as it is a bit confusing to proceed.
Any one applying kuwait ?
Start by getting your application package here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Go through the checklist and read through the guide to get a better idea of the process. This forum is also a great source of information and advice, but it's much better to first get a basic understanding of the process on your own, by looking at the available resources on the official website.

Inception14

Jan 9, 2018
Not sure what you mean by "handled". The child will be included in the sponsorship app.
Following up on this, does doing a civil wedding affect your chances for sponsorship. Will IRCC look at it suspiciously We are planning on doing a traditional ceremony but wont be able to do the church wedding.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Following up on this, does doing a civil wedding affect your chances for sponsorship. Will IRCC look at it suspiciously We are planning on doing a traditional ceremony but wont be able to do the church wedding.
Typically no - but it depends on your background / culture. For example, if it's normal in your culture to have a large wedding (e.g. India) - this could cause more scrutiny.

johnfaithezra

Feb 10, 2019
good day, may I ask if once your dependents get their passport back from ircc do they also get a confirmation of pr? or just the visa? thanks you