AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
My GCKey updated and said I was approved with the message "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.". However, there are no messages below. Any ideas?

Edit: I am the principal applicant
It's normal. It takes a while for all the systems to sync up. Sometimes you get DM emails while your GCKEY still says in process and sometimes it's the other way around. I had my interview scheduled before I got the DM, lol.

No need to worry, it can take a few days.

Reactions: samantha.bonin

OutlandeuropePa

Dec 14, 2018
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
20-12-2018
Med's Done....
26-12-2018
My GCKey updated and said I was approved with the message "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.". However, there are no messages below. Any ideas?

Congratss can you please share your timeline? Are you an outland or inland Pa ?

samantha.bonin

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2018
AOR Received.
September 29, 2018
File Transfer...
October 26, 2018
Med's Request
October 2, 2018
Med's Done....
October 16, 2018
Passport Req..
December 14, 2018
Congratss can you please share your timeline? Are you an outland or inland Pa ?
My timeline is in my signature. They received the applications July 12th, and a final decision was made December 14th.

samantha.bonin

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2018
AOR Received.
September 29, 2018
File Transfer...
October 26, 2018
Med's Request
October 2, 2018
Med's Done....
October 16, 2018
Passport Req..
December 14, 2018

Also, does this mean they received my PPR request documents I mailed to them? We are having issues with potentially it not getting to them (either being lost in the mail or delayed), I was working on sending it to them again

shoaibmozid

Feb 10, 2014
Hello all,

I recently got married to the love of my life in my country of origin. I am a Canadian citizen and wish to apply for my wife’s immigration.

Upon looking at her current passport, I see that her first name has been left blank and the last name section is where her first name is printed. Her birth certificate when it was made mentions just her first name and no last name to go with it.

Please advise what I should do in order to ensure a complete application for her immigration

Thank you in advance.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Also, does this mean they received my PPR request documents I mailed to them? We are having issues with potentially it not getting to them (either being lost in the mail or delayed), I was working on sending it to them again
Yes, this is possible. Mine changed to application approved the day they issued the visa. I found an email address for CPC Ottawa on my old papers. It is CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. You could ask them if they received your documents and explain your situation again.That would probably get you a quicker response.

samantha.bonin

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2018
AOR Received.
September 29, 2018
File Transfer...
October 26, 2018
Med's Request
October 2, 2018
Med's Done....
October 16, 2018
Passport Req..
December 14, 2018
Yes, this is possible. Mine changed to application approved the day they issued the visa. I found an email address for CPC Ottawa on my old papers. It is CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. You could ask them if they received your documents and explain your situation again.That would probably get you a quicker response.
Thanks you! I will send them an email

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Hi there,

My partner ( the application) has received his temporary work permit but he is still waiting for an answer for his PR.

Can he traveled outside Canada? I would like to take him to a trip in Jamaica at the end of February, however if he is not able to come back to Canada I might not invite him o_O. ( It's a business trip f

If someone could help with this it would be much appreciated.

Lily

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Hi there,

My partner ( the application) has received his temporary work permit but he is still waiting for an answer for his PR.

Can he traveled outside Canada? I would like to take him to a trip in Jamaica at the end of February, however if he is not able to come back to Canada I might not invite him o_O. ( It's a business trip f

If someone could help with this it would be much appreciated.

Lily
There is no guarantee if he'll be allowed back. It's recommended to not leave when you have applied inland.

CMg

Jan 9, 2019
Hi i just want to ask about sponsorship for same sex marriage. I have a gf, she’s from Philippines. Because in Philippines its not legal for same sex marriage. But i was wondering if were gonna marry in asia so i can show a marriage certificate that legally recognized country. Because some requirement for same sex marriage is a marriage certificate that recognized. Is it possible?? Thank you

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi

I am permanent resident living and working in Canada, my spouse is permanent resident of US. She intents to visit me as I do not have a visa to go to USA. She plans to live like for a month or two and then travel back to fulfill her green card residency obligations since the last time she entered she got a hard time at immigration explaining her reasons to be away from USA.

I am also intending to apply for her permanent residency as my dependent. I am going to apply her as an out land applicant and it is my understanding that she will be able to visit me in Canada during this period.

Will she also face strict questioning at Canadian immigration ? She will tell the immigration officer in Canada that she is visiting her husband (me) for a period of 2 months and would be staying with me during this time. We recently got married (in the country of our origin) but haven't filed her immigration papers yet as we have been debating if it would be better for me to move to US or for her to move to Canada.

I was reading this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=196&top=17

and I thought I'd ask you guys if someone has been in a similar situation like me or have any words of advice.

Thanks

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Hi,

I'm asking few questions for someone and if someone can help that would be great.

Scenario is that a guy is in Canada after marriage and girl is outside of Canada. Guy wants to sponsor the wife so they can live together in Canada. What are their best options? So far they are thinking on the following lines:

1. Girl applies for a visitor visa so she can come to Canada. If this is ok then what are the chances of getting a visitor visa?
2. After getting the visitor visa, girl comes to Canada and guy applies for her sponsorship and OWP.
3. Girl can stay in Canada till the finalization of her sponsorship application. Does she need to keep extending her visitor visa or OWP?

Is the above process legit without any challenges? If not what could be the challenges or other options? Thanks

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello everyone
I am confused about gckey when i am adding a link to gckey do i need to fill out the sponsors family name and date of birth also or just fill out information about the applicant also when asked about how many people are on this application does that mean sponsor included?? Please help

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello everyone
I am confused about gckey when i am adding a link to gckey do i need to fill out the sponsors family name and date of birth also or just fill out information about the applicant also when asked about how many people are on this application does that mean sponsor included?? Please help
Put in the applicant name and yes! 2 people are included PA and sponsor