+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am new to this Forum. Need your advice/suggestion on something.

I received my ITA in December and currently due to file for PR. Marriage is on the cards for me and my initial plan was to sponsor my wife after I receive my PR. I understand that's a very lenghty process and takes a lot of time.

Is there another way around this? I recently came to know that if you get married post EAPR and add your spouse in your application, it might speed up the process. Can anyone confirm this and explain me the whole step by step process?

Also, will she have to appear for IELTs and get her ECA done.

Many Thanks

lalith08212

Jan 10, 2019
Question about required financial documents:

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this forum. I am an Indian PR working in Canada. I got married in November 2018, and I am applying for a PR for my spouse, who is in India. I am working as a contractor, and I am confused about the financial documents I need to submit for Proof of Income. I have an Incorporation, for which I am the sole director. I received a Corporation Notice of Assessment, and a Notice of Assessment for my GST/HST account. I am not sure where I can get Proof of Income statement (Option C). Has anyone faced similar situation before?

Jan 8, 2019
Hey everyone,
I applied for spouse sponsorship for my wife.
We got married 5 months ago and we completed documents and sent them to case processing center in Sydney on 05 Dec 2018, but so far I couldn't link my application to my CIC account. I tried a couple of different combination of information.
My questions are:
1) application name is my wife's information, right?
2) the number of applicants .included in the application should be (me + my wife) 2?
3) Should I worry about not founding it in the system or it's still waiting for being processed? considering we also had Christmas and new year holidays and I'm sure they are short-handed during those times, but I'm just afraid if they ask for something and I miss it.

Thanks a lot.
by the way, I live in Toronto.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hey everyone,
I applied for spouse sponsorship for my wife.
We got married 5 months ago and we completed documents and sent them to case processing center in Sydney on 05 Dec 2018, but so far I couldn't link my application to my CIC account. I tried a couple of different combination of information.
My questions are:
1) application name is my wife's information, right?
2) the number of applicants .included in the application should be (me + my wife) 2?
3) Should I worry about not founding it in the system or it's still waiting for being processed? considering we also had Christmas and new year holidays and I'm sure they are short-handed during those times, but I'm just afraid if they ask for something and I miss it.

Thanks a lot.
by the way, I live in Toronto.
Don't worry it's in the system Gckey just sucks sometimes! The info you put in is the PA s information. The number of people in the app is 2. If your gckey hasn't been activated, then anything they need, the will send via email or regular mail. When you put in the uci, try using - (xxxx-xxxx ) mine took over a year to link! Hopefully you have better luck then I did

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi

I am permanent resident living and working in Canada, my spouse is permanent resident of US. She intents to visit me as I do not have a visa to go to USA. She plans to live like for a month or two and then travel back to fulfill her green card residency obligations since the last time she entered she got a hard time at immigration explaining her reasons to be away from USA.

I am also intending to apply for her permanent residency as my dependent. I am going to apply her as an out land applicant and it is my understanding that she will be able to visit me in Canada during this period.

Will she also face strict questioning at Canadian immigration ? She will tell the immigration officer in Canada that she is visiting her husband (me) for a period of 2 months and would be staying with me during this time. We recently got married (in the country of our origin) but haven't filed her immigration papers yet as we have been debating if it would be better for me to move to US or for her to move to Canada.

I was reading this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=196&top=17

and I thought I'd ask you guys if someone has been in a similar situation like me or have any words of advice.

Thanks

anyone ?

@canuck_in_uk

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I am permanent resident living and working in Canada, my spouse is permanent resident of US. She intents to visit me as I do not have a visa to go to USA. She plans to live like for a month or two and then travel back to fulfill her green card residency obligations since the last time she entered she got a hard time at immigration explaining her reasons to be away from USA.

I am also intending to apply for her permanent residency as my dependent. I am going to apply her as an out land applicant and it is my understanding that she will be able to visit me in Canada during this period.

Will she also face strict questioning at Canadian immigration ? She will tell the immigration officer in Canada that she is visiting her husband (me) for a period of 2 months and would be staying with me during this time. We recently got married (in the country of our origin) but haven't filed her immigration papers yet as we have been debating if it would be better for me to move to US or for her to move to Canada.

I was reading this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=196&top=17

and I thought I'd ask you guys if someone has been in a similar situation like me or have any words of advice.

Thanks
She is coming to visit, not live. She should have proof of ties to the US and proof of finances. There should be no issues.

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi everyone.
So here is the situation,
We submitted an inland spouse application with dependent outside canada on Dec.22,2017.
Got SA and AIP Oct.18, 2018.
They requested for additional documents on Oct.29,2018 but wasn't able to submit it till January 06, 2019 due to my lawyer insisted that they never got any request, we just found outv when we call the ircc hotline. So the thing is my grandpa passed away, Is it safe to leave the country for 2weeks or a month? I got a multiple entry visitor visa and valid open work permit with me. Pls help. Thankyou

sahar.25

Nov 2, 2018
It's normal. It takes a while for all the systems to sync up. Sometimes you get DM emails while your GCKEY still says in process and sometimes it's the other way around. I had my interview scheduled before I got the DM, lol.

No need to worry, it can take a few days.
Hi

Seanblow

Jan 11, 2019
Hey, so I am a Canadian Citizen by birth and I am sponsoring my husband. They received our application October 3rd of 2018. So it has now been 8 weeks if we don't count the weeks with a bunch of days off for them.
We have not received any confirmation via mail or e-mail.
I can't find it through the site by inputting our information too.
What do we do? His visitor Visa is expiring in February and we are worried he might have a problem coming back in the country without proof we have started immigrating :(

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey, so I am a Canadian Citizen by birth and I am sponsoring my husband. They received our application October 3rd of 2018. So it has now been 8 weeks if we don't count the weeks with a bunch of days off for them.
We have not received any confirmation via mail or e-mail.
I can't find it through the site by inputting our information too.
What do we do? His visitor Visa is expiring in February and we are worried he might have a problem coming back in the country without proof we have started immigrating :(
It's taking around 3 months for AOR. Extend the visitor visa.

Reactions: shalenabennie

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
I just received an email to send some forms and police check but my lawyer already send the requested documents i dont know cic is saying missing these forms
If you have a copy send it again, instead of going back & forth telling them that you have provided it. It will only delay your process.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi there,
I am sponsoring my spouse through an outland application. I am currently in Canada and she is living back home. She never got any UCI but I have mine. So, if I either want to link the application to MyCIC Account or do a Status Check, how do it do that?
Thanks so much in advance.

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
Hi there,
I am sponsoring my spouse through an outland application. I am currently in Canada and she is living back home. She never got any UCI but I have mine. So, if I either want to link the application to MyCIC Account or do a Status Check, how do it do that?
Thanks so much in advance.
To check the ecas (Status Check) you can you can use your UCI
TO link the application use Passport details or birth details of the applicant. usually you can link the application when you have the application no. because its activated when the file no. is issue(or yur AOR is on the way) also, you can try to link the application if you have Prospective application no.

Reactions: smomen