+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Garry_Parmar

May 31, 2018
Yes I saw, but if I keep it blank. it won't let me "Validate" the document electronically. Whenever I click on Validate button It shows an error with "Fill - Last name field".

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes I saw, but if I keep it blank. it won't let me "Validate" the document electronically. Whenever I click on Validate button It shows an error with "Fill - Last name field".
Again, you need to fill in the last name field and leave the GIVEN NAME field blank.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
You need to put their first name in the last name field and leave the given name field empty.

From that link: If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank.

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
I have the same issue, as my husband doesn't have last name on passport either. After going thru so many forums, for the 5669 form, I will be writing his first and last name in last name column, but, for this form only, I will write his first name in given names section, as I cannot leave it blank. And I have also written Letter of Explanation for it.
But, it would be awesome if some experienced member, or someone who has done it before would confirm it.

Reactions: Garry_Parmar

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Hi guys
So I have over stay my work permit has expiry one year now ,so am applying under spousal sponsership and am applying for open work permit what would be my status now ??is it illegal immigrant

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys
So I have over stay my work permit has expiry one year now ,so am applying under spousal sponsership and am applying for open work permit what would be my status now ??is it illegal immigrant
If you've overstayed by a year, you're out of status and past the 90 day limit to apply for visitor status restoration. You can't apply for the OWP while out of status.

You can apply for permanent residence, but not the OWP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you happen to be working stop. As previously noted you don't qualify for an OWP with inland sponsorship so plan to not be able to work for around year. You also don't have healthcare so it would not be a good idea to get pregnant.

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
I am planning to land in White Horse Yukon in March. Can I apply for Spousal Sponsorship immediately after landing ?

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
If you've overstayed by a year, you're out of status and past the 90 day limit to apply for visitor status restoration. You can't apply for the OWP while out of status.

You can apply for permanent residence, but not the OWP.
Then why would they same you can apply for work permit once your applying for permanent resident

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
If you happen to be working stop. As previously noted you don't qualify for an OWP with inland sponsorship so plan to not be able to work for around year. You also don't have healthcare so it would not be a good idea to get pregnant.
Thanks, but am not working but my husband add me to his benefits plus I see ladies in situation get pregnant.but why would they say once your applying for PR you can apply for Wp

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Then why would they same you can apply for work permit once your applying for permanent resident
In order to qualify for OWP with your inland sponsorship you have to have some kind of legal status when you file in the application. You do not qualify for OWP but you can apply inland and wait for the decision in the country. Your OWP application WILL be refused whatsoever.

Reactions: canuck78

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thanks, but am not working but my husband add me to his benefits plus I see ladies in situation get pregnant.but why would they say once your applying for PR you can apply for Wp
Double check with one of the senior members, but I believe since you no longer have legal status, you can no longer receive benefits from your husband's employer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In order to qualify for OWP with your inland sponsorship you have to have some kind of legal status when you file in the application. You do not qualify for OWP but you can apply inland and wait for the decision in the country. Your OWP application WILL be refused whatsoever.
Probably best to clarify the situation because your statement isn't really clear. What was your status before you got married and applied for inland sponsorship? What kind of work permit were you on? Before it ended did you switch your status to visitor?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am planning to land in White Horse Yukon in March. Can I apply for Spousal Sponsorship immediately after landing ?
Yes you can sponsor your spouse right away. There is no income requirement to sponsor spouses but you will have to show you can support yourselves. You can apply before you secure a job but CIC may ask you later if you are woking.