NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
hi @canuck_in_uk, posting on the behalf of a friend -

"My husband, who is a Canadian PR is the sponsor and I am the principal applicant, I would like to know whether I can include only my name and details under IMM5406E as I am the only one who is getting sponsored or should I also include other family members even though they are not getting sponsored?, kindly suggest.."

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Hello everyone
I really need an advise or an help
My vissa office send me an email one month ago because it’s been an year from my husband send application on ircc , they told me my application is in queue for being interview. 1 month from this email and nothing whaht should i do ? Can i send another email or call Ircc or just wait?plz

Last edited:

Slanders

Nov 21, 2018
This is a very informative post. I live in the US and I am trying to return to Canada next summer. My children are all Canadian citizens - only my spouse isn’t. I was told that it may be tough to prove that I am planning to move to Canada next summer and it might be best if I move to Canada first and then apply for his residency. Does this seem reasonable? If we apply while we’re living in the US and his application is denied will we be able to appeal this decision? Thank you !

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
When I applied as a sponsor I need to include my birth certificate as proof if my citizenship..... And if you read the entire thread, you would have ve seen that if he had that copr is fine as well. But yes, when you apply you do need to provide proof that you are a citizen, weather it be a birth certificate or citizenship card. You Don t need to sound like such an ass when you reply to people.
This person is not a Canadian citizen, as they are asking about sponsoring before getting their PR card. Given that they are a recent PR, they also obviously have a valid passport which is the most often used document to prove citizenship, if necessary. I've taken a look at our sponsor forms and my sponsor had to declare she's a PR, put in her UCI and just declare her country of birth. She didn't need to provide anything more than that, as they already have all her info in their system, I presume.

This person asked for help and users are simply offering them correct information. It's not the end of the world to be wrong and we've all been there.

Reactions: metabug

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When I applied as a sponsor I need to include my birth certificate as proof if my citizenship..... And if you read the entire thread, you would have ve seen that if he had that copr is fine as well. But yes, when you apply you do need to provide proof that you are a citizen, weather it be a birth certificate or citizenship card. You Don t need to sound like such an ass when you reply to people.
What are you on about? Canadian citizens have to provide proof of citizenship when sponsoring. The person asking is a PR, not a citizen, so as I said, citizenship has nothing to do with it and they are perfectly fine to just submit the COPR.

You don't need to be a child resorting to name-calling just because you were wrong and I corrected you.

Reactions: kcward7 and metabug

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
What are you on about? Canadian citizens have to provide proof of citizenship when sponsoring. The person asking is a PR, not a citizen, so as I said, citizenship has nothing to do with it and they are perfectly fine to just submit the COPR.

You don't need to be a child resorting to name-calling just because you were wrong and I corrected you.
There nothing wrong with correcting someone, but it's the way YOU do it. Not just to me but everyone. Your extremely condescending

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
This person is not a Canadian citizen, as they are asking about sponsoring before getting their PR card. Given that they are a recent PR, they also obviously have a valid passport which is the most often used document to prove citizenship, if necessary. I've taken a look at our sponsor forms and my sponsor had to declare she's a PR, put in her UCI and just declare her country of birth. She didn't need to provide anything more than that, as they already have all her info in their system, I presume.

This person asked for help and users are simply offering them correct information. It's not the end of the world to be wrong and we've all been there.
I didn't mean citizenship, I meant proof of status

I didn't mean citizenship The term I was looking for was " status" they need to supply proof of status in the sponsor application And as I said to him previously, the copr would work fine

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There nothing wrong with correcting someone, but it's the way YOU do it. Not just to me but everyone. Your extremely condescending
Take it how you want. I don't mince words when wrong information is posted on the forum, especially when a person has done it repeatedly, and I see no need to sugarcoat things.

Reactions: kcward7

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi @canuck_in_uk, posting on the behalf of a friend -

"My husband, who is a Canadian PR is the sponsor and I am the principal applicant, I would like to know whether I can include only my name and details under IMM5406E as I am the only one who is getting sponsored or should I also include other family members even though they are not getting sponsored?, kindly suggest.."
The entire form needs to be filled out. If they only include their own name, they can expect the app to be returned.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Take it how you want. I don't mince words when wrong information is posted on the forum, especially when a person has done it repeatedly, and I see no need to sugarcoat things.
The only thing the was wrong about my post was that I said proof of citizenship instead of proof of status which it obviously what I meant. you could have easily and nicely corrected.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The only thing the was wrong about my post was that I said proof of citizenship instead of proof of status which it obviously what I meant. you could have easily and nicely corrected. But I guess being an ass is just your thing ..
You said better to wait for the PR card, which was wrong. It was not obvious that you meant proof of status instead of proof of citizenship, as those are entirely different things.

And being wrong is yours. It's fine, I'll keep correcting your posts so that others don't end up screwing up their applications.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
You said better to wait for the PR card, which was wrong. It was not obvious that you meant proof of status instead of proof of citizenship, as those are entirely different things.

And being wrong is yours. It's fine, I'll keep correcting your posts so that others don't end up screwing up their applications.
And if you kept reading, he said " I have copr" and I said that was fine. And yes, because waiting a few weeks to send THE ORIGINAL card would have screwed the pooch on that app! Lol