AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
Mine says the exact same although I did receive an email a few days ago with a letter stating that the processing of my application has been completed and an immigration office will be in touch regarding booking an appointment to finalize my PR application. My online account doesn't reflect that though, it still says the above. I'm a little confused
i havent received any communication yet. wondering whats the status of my application.
Hoping to hear something good in the coming days.

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
Mine says the exact same although I did receive an email a few days ago with a letter stating that the processing of my application has been completed and an immigration office will be in touch regarding booking an appointment to finalize my PR application. My online account doesn't reflect that though, it still says the above. I'm a little confused
does your application too says that thet havent started the Background check yet and will inform once they do?????
when i called them they said its in process. However, on the web i cant see anything supporting their statement

amrin11

Jun 1, 2018
Hi,
I got an an update email on CIC account that my husband need to do medical exam. When I checked application status it says sponsors decision made but no more detail other than we recieved ur application under sponsors.

I havent even got any email of sponsors approval done. So wat does it mean by getting his medical request, Is sponsored approved yet or not?

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hi,
I got an an update email on CIC account that my husband need to do medical exam. When I checked application status it says sponsors decision made but no more detail other than we recieved ur application under sponsors.

I havent even got any email of sponsors approval done. So wat does it mean by getting his medical request, Is sponsored approved yet or not?
Our's says Decision made too under Sponsor's application and we never got SA email nor Medical request. When I called them they confirmed I'm approved as a sponsor. So, I think in your case there nothing to worry about.

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi all, need some clarification. The OP mentioned regarding sponsoring spouse, however, I read on the website that any relative can be sponsored such as:
Option 2: other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:
  • you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece
  • you don’t have any of the above-named relatives who is:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

My brother in law can sponsor my family, however I'm confursed about ther first point where it says there should be no other living relatives that he can sponsor....does that mean that he can't sponsor his sister since he can sponsor his parents instead or that he can't sponsor his parents once he sponsors his sister or vice versa?

Please clarify if someone has the information.

Ref for the above article: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all, need some clarification. The OP mentioned regarding sponsoring spouse, however, I read on the website that any relative can be sponsored such as:
Option 2: other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:
  • you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece
  • you don’t have any of the above-named relatives who is:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

My brother in law can sponsor my family, however I'm confursed about ther first point where it says there should be no other living relatives that he can sponsor....does that mean that he can't sponsor his sister since he can sponsor his parents instead or that he can't sponsor his parents once he sponsors his sister or vice versa?

Please clarify if someone has the information.

Ref for the above article: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html
There is no sibling sponsorship. What you are referring to is called the "Lonely Canadian" rule on the forum.

In order for your brother-in-law to sponsor his sister, he must not be married/common-law, not have any kids, not have living parents and not have any Canadian citizen/PR relatives.

Reactions: farrukhahmed

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
does your application too says that thet havent started the Background check yet and will inform once they do?????
when i called them they said its in process. However, on the web i cant see anything supporting their statement
According to the online stuff my background check has been processing for months. I don't think the online stuff is updated frequently which is a pain because its impossible to get any answers from anyone. I called everyday for 3 months and couldn't get through.

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,

Sponsorship approval happens months after the medical, well at least for my application it did. I passed my medical in March and only just last week was my sponsor approved to sponsor me.

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
Our's says Decision made too under Sponsor's application and we never got SA email nor Medical request. When I called them they confirmed I'm approved as a sponsor. So, I think in your case there nothing to worry about.
My husband received an email for SA.
Medical has also been done.
But, BGC is not initiated yet...
wondering how much time will that take...

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
Sponsorship approval happens months after the medical, well at least for my application it did. I passed my medical in March and only just last week was my sponsor approved to sponsor me.
in my case sponsorship approved email came first then i had my medical request after a week or so.
but they requested for additional doc related to my birth certificate as the birth certificate has a later registration date.
after that nothing heard from them

BarryB

May 22, 2018
Hey My wife just finished up achieving her PR and wanted to give a timeline to help others out
Received Aug 10, 2018
Open work permit - Dec 1 ( some how we could not log into our account till now, during this time they did request the back up check months before on oct.1, we submitted it the next day and didn't seem to be a hold up)
Medical request- March 20
Spousal approval- July 5
applicant eligibility approval - July 5
Request event - July 12,
Meeting - July 20 - at this time they basically met with us and signed my wifes passport and was all completed!

Hope this helps others!

ankitban.27

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Guys,I have a query regarding my fiance visa. I am a PR came in April 2018. My fiance has given IELTS and she got CLB 9 so her CRS score is 446. Our wedding date is 21st September.We are trying to apply for her express entry before 21st September but not sure on that as her ECA from WES is pending. So I just want to confirm whether she can apply PR on her own basis or is it mandatory to apply only through spouse visa after marriage.
Please suggest.

PS - The spouse visa takes 10-11 months but express entry takes 4-5 months.So she can come early through express entry.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys,I have a query regarding my fiance visa. I am a PR came in April 2018. My fiance has given IELTS and she got CLB 9 so her CRS score is 446. Our wedding date is 21st September.We are trying to apply for her express entry before 21st September but not sure on that as her ECA from WES is pending. So I just want to confirm whether she can apply PR on her own basis or is it mandatory to apply only through spouse visa after marriage.
Please suggest.

PS - The spouse visa takes 10-11 months but express entry takes 4-5 months.So she can come early through express entry.
She can apply on her own through EE.

BoleGanesh

Jul 20, 2018
in my case sponsorship approved email came first then i had my medical request after a week or so.
but they requested for additional doc related to my birth certificate as the birth certificate has a later registration date.
after that nothing heard from them
What is the difference between birth date and registration date. Can you please specify ...