+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Looking for some help.

My wife (inland) got an email for a " final permanent resident review interview". We have not had any interview till now, and are one year mark is Aug 10. I need to bring documents and proof of " right of resident fee receipt". We are not sure if we should be excited or nervous, has anyone else had this if so can you help ease our nerves.
thanks
It's a landing interview, nothing to worry about. Be excited.

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Hi guys, I applied in missasauga on april4 ,
Aor may 10
SA 26 may
Medical request 27 may
Medical done on June 11
Medical results has been received
Starts processing June 20
File transfered june 20
After that nothing
Where did they transfer your file ? London or Nova Scotia ?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Thanks, didn't think they would do this since she was inland, is there a chance we can be approved that day or will it still take time?
She has all ready been approved, the landing interview is a formality and just about signing papers and getting the COPR document.

Reactions: BarryB

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents: We have received the additional documents you provided.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone advise as per the above status, what stage is my application on?
Mine says the exact same although I did receive an email a few days ago with a letter stating that the processing of my application has been completed and an immigration office will be in touch regarding booking an appointment to finalize my PR application. My online account doesn't reflect that though, it still says the above. I'm a little confused

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hi guys,

New to this thread and need help.
I have got my PR (single applicant), done my landing in April 2018 and back in India. I have also got my PR card.

I am planning to get married in next few months. I would be moving to Canada after my wedding. How can I apply for permanent resident for my partner. Also, please let me know if my partner would be able to move with me as visitor and work during the application process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

New to this thread and need help.
I have got my PR (single applicant), done my landing in April 2018 and back in India. I have also got my PR card.

I am planning to get married in next few months. I would be moving to Canada after my wedding. How can I apply for permanent resident for my partner. Also, please let me know if my partner would be able to move with me as visitor and work during the application process.
You will have to wait until you move back to Canada before you can apply to sponsor your partner. As a PR, you must be living in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse.

In order to accompany you to Canada, your spouse will need to get an approved TRV. It difficult for any of us to say if the TRV will be approved. CIC will often refuse TRVs in these cases since they know the spouse has plans on remaining in Canada long term. You should try applying for a TRV all the same - you may get lucky. If the TRV is refused, then you will have to travel to Canada without your spouse. Your spouse will be able to follow once the PR application is approved (you should expect the sponsorship process to take around 12 months). You must continue living in Canada while the PR application is processed (short trips outside of Canada are OK).

funkylicious

Jul 19, 2018
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents: We have received the additional documents you provided.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone advise as per the above status, what stage is my application on?

I am in the same boat as you... waiting..

Aveshsaiyad

Mar 22, 2018
Guys join our NDVO october applicant group
October applicant list 2017 NDVO -
Please join the group to be in the list,
1 Teja - Oct 2
2 Carla - Oct 3
3 Esha - Oct 4
4 Naureen - Oct4
5 Manpreet - Oct 4
6 Darvesh - Oct 5
7 Sukhpreet - Oct 5
8 wangtok - Oct 5
9 Rakesh - Oct 6
10 Bilal- Oct 6
11 Bindu - Oct 6
12 Manish - oct 7
13 Binu - Oct 11
14 kavita- oct 11
15 Sankar- oct 11
16 paradise - oct 11
17 SS&KK -Oct 11
18 Rasika - Oct 12
19 Maninder - Oct 12
20 RMZ - Oct 13
21 Avesh - Oct 16
22 Brenda - Oct 16
23 Madhuri - Oct 16
24 vivek - oct 16
25 Fawzia - Oct 17
26 Saylee -Oct 19
27 Deepika - oct 23
28 Saurabh - Oct 24
29 Amar- Oct 26
30 khan - Oct 26
31 Arun - oct 30
32 Chesmis - Oct 30
33 Devanshi - Oct 31

Aveshsaiyad

Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys I am sharing OCT applicant group members for NDVO (delhi) if you want to be part of this list and group let me know

https://chat.whatsapp.com/63mvCxvsTdP9YZXGJKHYHq

October applicant list 2017 NDVO -
Please join the group to be in the list,
1 Teja - Oct 2
2 Carla - Oct 3
3 Esha - Oct 4
4 Naureen - Oct4
5 Manpreet - Oct 4
6 Darvesh - Oct 5
7 Sukhpreet - Oct 5
8 wangtok - Oct 5
9 Rakesh - Oct 6
10 Bilal- Oct 6
11 Bindu - Oct 6
12 Manish - oct 7
13 Binu - Oct 11
14 kavita- oct 11
15 Sankar- oct 11
16 paradise - oct 11
17 SS&KK -Oct 11
18 Rasika - Oct 12
19 Maninder - Oct 12
20 RMZ - Oct 13
21 Avesh - Oct 16
22 Brenda - Oct 16
23 Madhuri - Oct 16
24 vivek - oct 16
25 Fawzia - Oct 17
26 Saylee -Oct 19
27 Deepika - oct 23
28 Saurabh - Oct 24
29 Amar- Oct 26
30 khan - Oct 26
31 Arun - oct 30
32 Chesmis - Oct 30
33 Devanshi - Oct 31

Oct NDVO group is growing come join us

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
Hi all,

I am a PR currently residing in Canada. I am getting married in India this November and preparing to be able to apply for my wife's PR asap on returning to Canada. I have a couple of questions that I am struggling to find the answers to.

1) Do we need to update each other's names on our Indian passports in order to apply? (refer: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/do-we-need-to-update-passport-to-show-spouse-name.482508/page-2)

2) Are there any roadblocks I should anticipate that could prevent me from mailing my application day after I land? (I know this is a vague question but I am just hoping to gain from others' experience in this regard)

3) As a Canadian PR sponsoring my wife, do I need to show a certain amount of funds in my Canadian accounts or does proof of steady income suffice? I did read that spouse sponsorship is exempt from the low income rule but not sure how it affects the proof of funds requirement. Please advise.

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi all,

I am a PR currently residing in Canada. I am getting married in India this November and preparing to be able to apply for my wife's PR asap on returning to Canada. I have a couple of questions that I am struggling to find the answers to.

1) Do we need to update each other's names on our Indian passports in order to apply? (refer: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/do-we-need-to-update-passport-to-show-spouse-name.482508/page-2)

2) Are there any roadblocks I should anticipate that could prevent me from mailing my application day after I land? (I know this is a vague question but I am just hoping to gain from others' experience in this regard)

3) As a Canadian PR sponsoring my wife, do I need to show a certain amount of funds in my Canadian accounts or does proof of steady income suffice? I did read that spouse sponsorship is exempt from the low income rule but not sure how it affects the proof of funds requirement. Please advise.
Hello,

1) If you are able to update the name on the passport, your relationship will look more genuine. However, it is not mandatory.

2) The more you wait, the more genuine your relationship becomes in front of the immigration officer. However, you could send off the application a day after your arrival also. You do not need to worry about that.

3) A stable income is sufficing to prove that you shall be able to take care of your wife upon her arrival.

Good luck with your case :)

Sincere Regards

maan1947

Sep 14, 2017
Cic just asked for supporting original documents for PA's birth certificate because birth is registered late(country specific for india). Should I upload it to GCkey (i can upload only one document) or send via mail?