+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Maemae26

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Just a question, if Im gonna quit my work now, should I let the visa office know Im unemployed, cause I wrote there employed? Will it take my application even longer to process? Will it affect my background check? Cause at this stage they started processing my bcg. Have anyone experienced this?

Amarpreetsingh

Nov 12, 2017
Does a Sponsor (Spouse) need to enter his Travelling History in IMM5562 under Spousal Sponsorship. If YEs do we need to Enter his Business Trips as he is Truck Driver in Canada he had to go US everyweek.

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Does a Sponsor (Spouse) need to enter his Travelling History in IMM5562 under Spousal Sponsorship. If YEs do we need to Enter his Business Trips as he is Truck Driver in Canada he had to go US everyweek.

Hello,

Whatever trips your husband has taken outside Canada, are necessary to be recorded on that form.

Sincere Regards

amrin11

Jun 1, 2018
Hi,
I m the sponsor for my husbands sponsorship application. Our application has just started in process. I want to know if I the sponsor wants to have access to my husbands sponsorship application process, which form do I fill out of IMM5475 and IMM5476? As I am confused between 2.

Also I can just send it as web form right where he can sign and scan the form and upload it

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi,
I m the sponsor for my husbands sponsorship application. Our application has just started in process. I want to know if I the sponsor wants to have access to my husbands sponsorship application process, which form do I fill out of IMM5475 and IMM5476? As I am confused between 2.

Also I can just send it as web form right where he can sign and scan the form and upload it
IMM5476 would be the one to use.

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I applied in missasauga on april4 ,
Aor may 10
SA 26 may
Medical request 27 may
Medical done on June 11
Medical results has been received
Starts processing June 20
File transfered june 20
After that nothing

Jenprebble

Jun 22, 2018
hi, I have been struggling with my open work permit application with my lawyers as they are of no assistance

We applied for an open work permit through my spouse online (my spouse has a 2yr LMIA and is currently in Calgary,AB). I had to leave Calgary and am now in Australia waiting for my application to be approved.
Immigration requested police certificates for the countries I’ve lived in and a Canadian police check.
My fingerprints were processed on July 9 for a Canadian criminal record check & I am wanting to return to Calgary ASAP.

The online application through the lawyers has now taken 3 months and I cannot wait any longer.
can you please tell me what the success rate is of applying for an open work permit at the border..
I have flights booked and am hoping my police clearance arrives in the mail tomorrow (even though this is 2 days overdue in mail)

What do I need to bring
What documents need to be shown
Now that immigration requested a police clearance through my online application - can I arrive to the border without this document and simply show proof of application for a check or do I absolutely need this document?
How much will it cost
If I have everything required am I sure to receive an open work permit?

As mentioned, my lawyers are terrible and would rather head to the border and receive the permit myself once I have the requested police clearances...
I hope someone can help!!
It is urgent I get back to Alberta in the next few days as my employer has been waiting for my return for 2 months
Thank you !
ANY HELP IS FANTASTIC

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
hi, I have been struggling with my open work permit application with my lawyers as they are of no assistance

We applied for an open work permit through my spouse online (my spouse has a 2yr LMIA and is currently in Calgary,AB). I had to leave Calgary and am now in Australia waiting for my application to be approved.
Immigration requested police certificates for the countries I’ve lived in and a Canadian police check.
My fingerprints were processed on July 9 for a Canadian criminal record check & I am wanting to return to Calgary ASAP.

The online application through the lawyers has now taken 3 months and I cannot wait any longer.
can you please tell me what the success rate is of applying for an open work permit at the border..
I have flights booked and am hoping my police clearance arrives in the mail tomorrow (even though this is 2 days overdue in mail)

What do I need to bring
What documents need to be shown
Now that immigration requested a police clearance through my online application - can I arrive to the border without this document and simply show proof of application for a check or do I absolutely need this document?
How much will it cost
If I have everything required am I sure to receive an open work permit?

As mentioned, my lawyers are terrible and would rather head to the border and receive the permit myself once I have the requested police clearances...
I hope someone can help!!
It is urgent I get back to Alberta in the next few days as my employer has been waiting for my return for 2 months
Thank you !
ANY HELP IS FANTASTIC
Border agents do not issue work permits at the border.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Are you sure?
My partner got his work permit at the border
The previous 2 permits I received was at the border. 1 land crossing and 1 airport border..
I just haven’t done an open work permit at the border
It sounds like your situation is unrelated to spousal sponsorship? You may be better off in some of the economic stream forums.

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents: We have received the additional documents you provided.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone advise as per the above status, what stage is my application on?

BarryB

May 22, 2018
Looking for some help.

My wife (inland) got an email for a " final permanent resident review interview". We have not had any interview till now, and are one year mark is Aug 10. I need to bring documents and proof of " right of resident fee receipt". We are not sure if we should be excited or nervous, has anyone else had this if so can you help ease our nerves.
thanks