+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Dear all,
Can someone help me with the understanding. I am being sponsored by my wife who is a Canadian citizen .the application was made on 8th may 2017, at time, due to beauocractic procedures in getting marriage certificate at the registry, my current visa run out.eventually the application was made with a request of OWP. My OWP was not given on the ground that l am out of status . Cic now determine my application and said l am not eligible because of out of status, however l have passed medical and admissibility except that l am out of status. In they stated in my GSM notes that l am eligible under public policy . It been almost 15months since the application was made and they haven't made the final decision . I therefore enquire through the webform about the status of my application . The CIC agent wrote to tell me my application has been transferred to special unit . I am confused l don't know what they meant by transfer to special unit .Pls any help

m_garcia

Jun 25, 2017
Dear all,
Can someone help me with the understanding. I am being sponsored by my wife who is a Canadian citizen .the application was made on 8th may 2017, at time, due to beauocractic procedures in getting marriage certificate at the registry, my current visa run out.eventually the application was made with a request of OWP. My OWP was not given on the ground that l am out of status . Cic now determine my application and said l am not eligible because of out of status, however l have passed medical and admissibility except that l am out of status. In they stated in my GSM notes that l am eligible under public policy . It been almost 15months since the application was made and they haven't made the final decision . I therefore enquire through the webform about the status of my application . The CIC agent wrote to tell me my application has been transferred to special unit . I am confused l don't know what they meant by transfer to special unit .Pls any help
If you are inland (in Canada) you had to applied to extend your TPR while awaiting for a decision. If you are out of status, you need to apply to restore your status after 90 days you lost your status. At this point, I 'd suggest you consult with an Immigration Consultant as to what you should do.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
I tried to apply for restoration but was denied because the 90 days period has passed away. I checked for the TPR but was also not eligible.
My GCMS notes says I have met all admissibility requirements but eligibility is in progress as they are considering my application on Public Policy grounds.
My out of status reason was due to overstaying in Canada. Though my wife and I has recently have a child and we have informed CIC accordingly.
However when I enquired from CIC about the delay in reaching decision, the CIC agent through email inform me my file has been transferred to special unit and this would result in additional delays but cannot tell me when CIC would finalized the decision. I am more confused and don`t know what to do now, As our finances is whole fully inadequate to hire the services of lawyer

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
If you are inland (in Canada) you had to applied to extend your TPR while awaiting for a decision. If you are out of status, you need to apply to restore your status after 90 days you lost your status. At this point, I 'd suggest you consult with an Immigration Consultant as to what you should do.
I tried to apply for restoration but was denied because the 90 days period has passed away. I checked for the TPR but was also not eligible.
My GCMS notes says I have met all admissibility requirements but eligibility is in progress as they are considering my application on Public Policy grounds.
My out of status reason was due to overstaying in Canada. Though my wife and I has recently have a child and we have informed CIC accordingly.
However when I enquired from CIC about the delay in reaching decision, the CIC agent through email inform me my file has been transferred to special unit and this would result in additional delays but cannot tell me when CIC would finalized the decision. I am more confused and don`t know what to do now, As our finances is whole fully inadequate to hire the services of lawyer

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Today I buy my air ticket but there is no seat number. But has a ticket number. Can anyone tell me what will be happened?

m_garcia

Jun 25, 2017
Wow, but listen, try to contact a free consultation Migration Consultant that can provide you some insights . Usually you can book a free consultation which can get you with some answers. Try to Research by the type of migration issues you are facing, and I'm sure you will find an expert that can provide you with some light. Good luck!!

BarryB

May 22, 2018
I just got notice on the website that they started to review eligibility. How long does this take usually? And is it normal not to get an email for this?

Thanks!

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Today I buy my air ticket but there is no seat number. But has a ticket number. Can anyone tell me what will be happened?
That’s not a question related to spousal sponsorship. Contact your airline.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Wow, but listen, try to contact a free consultation Migration Consultant that can provide you some insights . Usually you can book a free consultation which can get you with some answers. Try to Research by the type of migration issues you are facing, and I'm sure you will find an expert that can provide you with some light. Good luck!!
ok thank you

March_2018

Jun 20, 2018
Hi
We submitted the application in end of March for spouse sponsorship. Haven’t received the OWP as yet.
Any idea around the timelines?
Thanks!

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
I believe you will be assigned a seat when you check in the day of your flight