+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

paulalopez

Jun 20, 2018
As the poster immediately above you clearly said, it takes approx. 6 weeks (45-60 days on average) before you hear anything at all from CIC. If there is an issue with your application and they return it to you, then you won't know anything about it at all until it shows up in your mailbox. It's been two weeks. If you're going to make it through this very lengthy and sometimes frustrating process, you're going to have to work on being patient.
Okay, Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure that hopefully everything will be okay. I knew how to be patient like everyone else does. Everyone is hoping for the best and to be with their loved ones as soon as possible thats why I felt this way. I just wanted some know some shared experiences to have myself informed.

samanshp

Jan 13, 2018
Hi friends,
Just received the PPR email. I was wondering if I could deliver the package in person to a VAC instead of mailing it. Would that work?
Also, does the fact that we got this email before an interview request mean that we don't need to do an interview at all or that's still a possibility?
Thanks in advance

aBc_1990

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Hi,

I have our call and messages record on WhatsApp. How should I give them record? like we used to call every day from last 10 11 months, should I give them one screenshot of each month or all the record and same for messages, should I give them one screenshot of each month or all record? Same for facebook and Instagram

Mar 28, 2018
Hi friends,
Just received the PPR email. I was wondering if I could deliver the package in person to a VAC instead of mailing it. Would that work?
Also, does the fact that we got this email before an interview request mean that we don't need to do an interview at all or that's still a possibility?
Thanks in advance
Share timeline please...

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Hi friends,
Thanks in advance
If they request something, send it in the mail. I don't think that any visa offices accept in person deliveries. If you've received PPR, then you're not going to get an interview. You're good to go. Only "interview" left is your landing interview, which is just a formality to ensure that you've had no changes in status or criminality since your application was completed. Congrats! Your wait is almost over!

mina99

Jun 21, 2018
hi all. My wife (Canadian citizen) and I (British citizen) are thinking of applying for spousal sponsorship.
We have been living together in the Uk since we got married 2 years ago in Vancouver. We have just had a baby together born in UK.

My wife hasn’t worked in the Uk since moving. I am self employed here and can live off income (rental) in the UK while living in Canada. Considering my wife has no income here or Canada, would that be a problem?

Also, would the spousal sponsorship be for both myself and our child? Or would we do 2 separate?

BarryB

May 22, 2018
Hi,

I have our call and messages record on WhatsApp. How should I give them record? like we used to call every day from last 10 11 months, should I give them one screenshot of each month or all the record and same for messages, should I give them one screenshot of each month or all record? Same for facebook and Instagram
we used screenshots printed onto full paper at different intervals of our convo ( I forget what he max is).

BarryB

May 22, 2018
Hopefully, Im getting paranoid tho' if something is wrong with our application since its been a week already and no response or anything. We are pretty sure we submitted all the necessary documents needed. Any thoughts of sending the documents back? Does it take a while for us to know if we did not do it right?
Think this is a common fear, from what I understand they will let you know, just trust in yourself!

BarryB

May 22, 2018
Hi.
I would like to ask if how long would it take to get an acknowldgement letter form cic from outland sponsorship. We submitted our application June 11th and it has been 2 weeks already. Please let me know if theres a similar situation in regards to this. Thank you
Inland it took around a month and a 1/2, if that helps

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on May 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
They told me to submit my passport and 2 copy recent picture to submit vfs global.
I submitted my passport and picture to vfs global on 28 May 2018, Canada visa office, Singapore received on 30 May 2018, No update yet. Its only shows your application is in "Under Process". I am worried.@pakistaniwife :(
:(:(:(:(
You're lucky the application was processed so quickly. I applied in August 2017 and have heard nothing since passing the medical in March. You gotta be patient.

prashant.

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/05/2014
Nomination.....
Got PER on 24th September
AOR Received.
hope so .. jsk
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4/3/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting ... jsk
Guys,

Please solve this query of mine :

In the file, we should be fine as long as we provide the most recent notice of assessment, right ?

or do I need to submit previous notice of assessment too ?

the checklist says : " Your most recent notice of assessment "

Please let me know.

thanks.

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Guys,

Please solve this query of mine :

In the file, we should be fine as long as we provide the most recent notice of assessment, right ?

or do I need to submit previous notice of assessment too ?

the checklist says : " Your most recent notice of assessment "

Please let me know.

thanks.
If it says "provide the most recent notice of assessment," then that's what they want.

prashant.

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/05/2014
Nomination.....
Got PER on 24th September
AOR Received.
hope so .. jsk
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4/3/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting ... jsk

DeenieQ

Sep 1, 2017
I have received my invitation for a landing interview. I went today but was informed I won't be able to travel for 8-10 weeks while I wait to receive my PR card. I did not land today, but plan to do it in a few weeks after an important trip. I have to travel for work often to the U.S., and I am American. Have any other Americans had experience flying to the U.S. after landing, while waiting for their PR card?

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
You can visit USA before get the PR card thats called soft landing i think.
This is incorrect. You need the PR card to return to Canada by air so as long as it does not cause you to miss the expiry for your landing date on the COPR, then take your trip first and then land. If travel is absolutely critical and you have bot yet received your PR card, then I think you can apply to obtain a travel document to reenter Canada. You can, however, cross the border without a PR card if travelling by private car.