+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
Hi to all,
I need a guidance from you all. My husband was received an application form which we were send to Canada Embassy before, because of one paper application form is incomplete from us. They send a letter us to complete it and resend again. So we did it and resubmitted the application form on 12th June 2018 to Canada embassy.

Can anyone let me know how long do we need to wait from their response?

akashskaria

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
hi Leon.. I got PR through express entry however i showed my dependent child and spouse are not accompanying then.. can I change to accompanying now... pls help

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Today I buy my air ticket but there is no seat number. But has a ticket number. Can anyone tell me what will be happened?
It might be because the airline doesn't know which airplane they will use? Don't worry about that and ask for your preference at the counter.

amrin11

Jun 1, 2018
When can I link my paper application to cic account. I tried linking it with name n birth information but I was unable to link. Do I need to have application number to link it?

maan1947

Sep 14, 2017
My wife (Sponsor) had an car accident a few days ago, So she is on sick leave for almost one month. because of this, Will our file (already in sponsor's VO) has an impact on the sponsorship eligibility?

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
Hello,

I would like to sponsor my soon to be husband from Croatia. (EU) We are currently in Croatia and I'm wondering if it would be best to do Inland or Outland application. Would I be required to go to Canada to apply as a sponsor?

Please let me know based on your experience.

Thank you
My husband was in canada when we did our application and so we only experienced this.
wait.. so you are not yet married? I'm afraid you can't sponsor him if you guys are not yet married.
but if you are already, I think you can sponsor both ways, but which is better? or faster/ I'm not sure because it all depends on which visa office will your paper be while in the 2nd processing of your application. You can visit the IRCC website for this.

sunavu

Jun 12, 2018
Hi All:

I am currently in Canada as PR and I sponsored spousal application for my wife living in India. I got mesasage from CIC that the application has been sent to New Delhi VISA Officr for further processing .

My question is does all the PR Spousal application goes through the country wher the primary application is residing or is this due to CIC workload balancing ..

Because I heard that applications being processed in offices like Mississauga are fast but New Delhi has many applications as so the process will be delayed ..
What are your thoughts !!

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Hi All:

I am currently in Canada as PR and I sponsored spousal application for my wife living in India. I got mesasage from CIC that the application has been sent to New Delhi VISA Officr for further processing .

My question is does all the PR Spousal application goes through the country wher the primary application is residing or is this due to CIC workload balancing ..

Because I heard that applications being processed in offices like Mississauga are fast but New Delhi has many applications as so the process will be delayed ..
What are your thoughts !!
I believe that most applications out of India are sent to New Delhi VO.

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
My husband was in canada when we did our application and so we only experienced this.
wait.. so you are not yet married? I'm afraid you can't sponsor him if you guys are not yet married.
but if you are already, I think you can sponsor both ways, but which is better? or faster/ I'm not sure because it all depends on which visa office will your paper be while in the 2nd processing of your application. You can visit the IRCC website for this.
hi there can you please tell me the step by step info i am trying to link my application but i couldnet link it

sunavu

Jun 12, 2018
So adding one more question;
If I get notification that our file has been sent to NewDelhi for further processing does it mean that I got AOR2 . Or is this just an update. If so when will I get AOR 2 and how long will it take will it change from AOR2 to background check to begin .. thanks

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
So adding one more question;
If I get notification that our file has been sent to NewDelhi for further processing does it mean that I got AOR2 . Or is this just an update. If so when will I get AOR 2 and how long will it take will it change from AOR2 to background check to begin .. thanks
That’s a transfer email. You might get an AOR2 email from New Delhi go day they received it but sometimes they dont send it. It could take weeks or it could months to start the background check.

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
New
After getting PR card by applicant , if applicant & sponsor(Canadian Citizen) start living together outside Canada , Does the time which they spend together outside Canada count or not in order to maintain time requirement of 3 years for citizenship?