Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Should I mention that I will likely apply for student loans for this upcoming school year? Does that make me look more, or less financially stable? Any thoughts?

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
my wife send me a sponsorship papers .in the sponsorship papers they have asked for detail of family members. i want to know that i also include my self in it or not.?because they have asked family members detail?and also there is some thing written under where they have asked for family detail."YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER,IF APPLICABLE.

MUJHE APNE AP KO AUR APNI WIFE KO B INCLUDE KARNA HU GA?FAMILY MEMBERSKI DETAL MAI..?

AND ALSO WHAT DOES IT MEAN WILL ACCOMPANY YOU TO CANADA?HERE IS OPTION IN BOX YES OR NO..

sammoon

Mar 22, 2011
salam everyone
koee janta ha initial review kya hota ha
i sponsored my husband in may 2010
aor is in august2010
supplement form also in august 2010
there is 9 month mention in letter
after that no reply
islamabad wala sogay hein
mein na email ki to reply ma ye aya
ur process is in queue for initial review
iska mtlb kya ha

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
god.. i feel dizzy... one question.. i am from uruguay and he is canadian.. we want to get married in July and then apply for it. My 6 months tourist visa ends in september.. what should i do? ask for an extension for my tourist visa and stay all year and apply for it next year? If i get an extension for it.. can i go to my country to visit with him? or is better for me to stay the whole year without leaving the country?

We are so worried.. we dont know what to do.

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prepare your sponsorship application now so you can get ready to apply in July. If you are applying inland, send your request to extend visit visa + open work permit for first stage approval with your application. If you are planning on applying outland, apply for sponsorship to Mississauga after you get married and apply for visit visa extension in August, 30 days before it expires with the reason that you got married and are applying for sponsorship.

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
bilawal said:
my wife send me a sponsorship papers .in the sponsorship papers they have asked for detail of family members. i want to know that i also include my self in it or not.?because they have asked family members detail?and also there is some thing written under where they have asked for family detail."YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER,IF APPLICABLE.

MUJHE APNE AP KO AUR APNI WIFE KO B INCLUDE KARNA HU GA?FAMILY MEMBERSKI DETAL MAI..?

AND ALSO WHAT DOES IT MEAN WILL ACCOMPANY YOU TO CANADA?HERE IS OPTION IN BOX YES OR NO..

----
in my case i did include my husband because it says there either he/she they will accompany you or not you should put your family members..

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gigi1612 said:
How many months of the las 12 months you have lived together?

Let's say the answer is 9, so all you have to do is wait another 3 and then submit the application. If the answer is 8, so wait another 4 and so on...

In the meantime, you can start browsing in your pics, travel receipts, and anything else that you have done together and make a file of you life together for the las 4 years. Look also for any life insurance, wills, credit card and joint bank accounts that you might have and they can prove you guys have a common-law relationship.

Good luck
Hi there... this is only to share that i just recently send my tourists visa application to be with my partner in Canada for his 50th birthday and at the same time 55th anniversary celebration of my in-laws this May of 2011. Hoping to stay for 1 month as it is only i was allowed by my employer. I will be travelling with our 16th mo. old baby girl who is a canadian by descent. My canadian partner and I didnt live yet for a year... but we fill-out the declaration of common law as we have a child that binds us together, and along with my TRV applications are proof of 2 years long distance relationship, evidence that the relationship was known by both our sides of the family and in public... such as birthday, valentines, christmas cards, phone bills, everyday chat log, emails from my partner and his family in Edmonton, various hotel bills with our names from his recent visit, our joint account in Canada where he sends money for support to my baby, pictures since we met up to present, courier receipts from packages we sent from each other, letters from relatives in Edmonton.... and more.

As well i presented my renewed contract as resident manager of the hotel for 2 years, approved leave signed by the officer, my payslip, 6 months statement of my payroll account, 2 way airfare ticket, certification of my pending annulment from my lawyer that i still need to attend hearings and other supporting documents to prove that i am coming back after a month. I am hoping get a positive response in 3 weeks... all i presented are genuine documents.

After our visit in Canada... my partner will visit us again here in the Philippines for us to get married after i get my annulment decision. I know it seems to be a very long process of waiting. But we cant do anything but to wait and comply... and soon to apply for Spousal Sponsorship application. Maybe this year too... may God Bless Us All to be with our love ones someday.

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Hi...i am living in US, how long are FBI certificates valid for? i got my reply in Jan. we plan on sending our complete applicationd the end of this month...thank you

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
islandgirl25 said:
Hi...i am living in US, how long are FBI certificates valid for? i got my reply in Jan. we plan on sending our complete applicationd the end of this month...thank you
Only valid for 3 months.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Esther2010 said:
Hi there... this is only to share that i just recently send my tourists visa application to be with my partner in Canada for his 50th birthday and at the same time 55th anniversary celebration of my in-laws this May of 2011. Hoping to stay for 1 month as it is only i was allowed by my employer. I will be travelling with our 16th mo. old baby girl who is a canadian by descent. My canadian partner and I didnt live yet for a year... but we fill-out the declaration of common law as we have a child that binds us together, and along with my TRV applications are proof of 2 years long distance relationship, evidence that the relationship was known by both our sides of the family and in public... such as birthday, valentines, christmas cards, phone bills, everyday chat log, emails from my partner and his family in Edmonton, various hotel bills with our names from his recent visit, our joint account in Canada where he sends money for support to my baby, pictures since we met up to present, courier receipts from packages we sent from each other, letters from relatives in Edmonton.... and more.
If you and your partner have not cohabited for 12 consecutive months you are NOT common-law partners, even with a child. You should have applied as conjugal.

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
rjessome, if I'm not mistaken the OP said they are waiting for annulment and then plan to get married and apply as spouses:

Esther2010 said:
After our visit in Canada... my partner will visit us again here in the Philippines for us to get married after i get my annulment decision. I know it seems to be a very long process of waiting. But we cant do anything but to wait and comply... and soon to apply for Spousal Sponsorship application.
All the evidence listed was for the TRV application, I think.

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleo said:
rjessome, if I'm not mistaken the OP said they are waiting for annulment and then plan to get married and apply as spouses:

All the evidence listed was for the TRV application, I think.
Hi guys, this is outlined on the instruction guide for applying TRV outside of Canada. If we dont declare ourselves as common law now they the visa officer might question us later on when we apply for spousal sponsorship. Would be hard to say on the application that i am being invited by my friend and the father of my child... which is apparent he is not just my friend. But eventually all of this will lead to spousal sponsorship that we hope to apply w/n this year. Anyways, my TRV application is 3 inches thick presented w/ all the supported documents... same documents i will forwarded for our spousal soon. Thanks.

A common-law partner

Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people. Common-law partners must attach any documents that show they are in a committed and genuine relationship, for example, evidence that they share the same home, that they support each other financially and emotionally, that they have had children together, or that they present themselves in public as a couple.

Common-law partners who are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal restrictions in their home country may still qualify and should be included on the application.

Common-law partners who meet the conditions outlined above but who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict) may qualify and should be included on the application.

nush

Mar 29, 2011
what exactly is a sticky?
sorry...im a 'newbie' as it states.

Leon, great post. im very confused about all this. I am Canadian, my husband French. He will be travelling with me back to Canada in July for us to settle. We will be applying out of country as we are currently travelling in Australia. TO my understanding he will be allowed in the country w me even if his application is being processed as he is a visa except National.
correct?

Now once there, if he finds a job that is willing to sponser him - can he apply for a work permit? Our problem is not the PR, but to be able to start working right away. We may only stay in Canada for a few years and it seems like a lengthy process for just that short a time.

Is their any other visa he could be on that would allow him entry clearance and the ability to work?

ANYONE!!! help is GREATLY appreciated.
:D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush said:
what exactly is a sticky?
sorry...im a 'newbie' as it states.
A sticky is a post that has been pinned up at the top of the subject group and doesn't disappear down as it gets old. The moderator here determines which post deserves to be a sticky.

nush said:
Leon, great post. im very confused about all this. I am Canadian, my husband French. He will be travelling with me back to Canada in July for us to settle. We will be applying out of country as we are currently travelling in Australia. TO my understanding he will be allowed in the country w me even if his application is being processed as he is a visa except National.
correct?
Yes, as a visitor, he can not work and can stay for 6 months at the most.

nush said:
Now once there, if he finds a job that is willing to sponser him - can he apply for a work permit? Our problem is not the PR, but to be able to start working right away. We may only stay in Canada for a few years and it seems like a lengthy process for just that short a time.
Yes, if he finds an employer who applies for an LMO for him, he can apply for a work permit when he has the LMO.

nush said:
Is their any other visa he could be on that would allow him entry clearance and the ability to work?
Depending on his age, he may qualify for a working holiday visa, see http://www.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/jeunesse-youth/programme_mobilite-mobility_program-en.asp

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
Hi all. I'm new here and just found out about this forum. I am about to sponsor my husband and still on the process of collecting all documents to submit. We got married January. He worked for a year in Libya and recently before our marriage in Saudi Arabia for 2 years. He is now back in our native country Philippines where we had the wedding and to wait for his papers to come to Canada. He already obtained an NBI or police clearance from the Philippines but does he still need to provide police clearance for living in Libya and Saudi Arabia? Libya is in chaos right now and my husband told me that it is not that easy to obtain document ie. police clearance from Saudi Arabia. Thanks.