Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Question. I'm a Canadian citizen, been married since 2016, been together since well technically 2014 when we started talking met him in 2015 ,Oct, married him Jan 2016, lived with him in Jamaica for a year, still together been through a lot, we have interview in may, we submitted everything in original application, pictures , money I sent, proof of visits, holidays, everything as we are 1000000% legit, they've asked for a relationship statement on how our marriage or relationship has progressed, and any other evidence to be brought by him personally to interview, is this a bad thing?? Plus pay the permanent resident fee and bring receipt, plus medical proof, we've done everything, to bring in with him to his interview, the only thing they said we must do separate is get a new police check as ours expired, April 2,2018.. But anyone been through or had email stating bring such and such is this put on all interview emails, bring any other evidence you that is not on file , to support your marriage or relationship ... Along those lines????
Standard stuff for an interview.

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Standard stuff for an interview.

Thank you so much for replying, second thing? I need to pay permanent resident fee for my husband theyve requested we bring it in at interview as I'm in Jamaica on vacation just so happens when he goes for interview said I needed to be available by phone same time of his interview orrr if sponsor is in Jamaica I may attend interview as I'm not near my phone in Canada, anyways problem is immigration sent link to page that you first use ,o pay the 1040$ or pay the first half which I did, there's no part on the page with the 490$ for permanent resident fee alone nor on my online account!?? Please help would be wonderful..

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Question. I'm a Canadian citizen, been married since 2016, been together since well technically 2014 when we started talking met him in 2015 ,Oct, married him Jan 2016, lived with him in Jamaica for a year, still together been through a lot, we have interview in may, we submitted everything in original application, pictures , money I sent, proof of visits, holidays, everything as we are 1000000% legit, they've asked for a relationship statement on how our marriage or relationship has progressed, and any other evidence to be brought by him personally to interview, is this a bad thing?? Plus pay the permanent resident fee and bring receipt, plus medical proof, we've done everything, to bring in with him to his interview, the only thing they said we must do separate is get a new police check as ours expired, April 2,2018.. But anyone been through or had email stating bring such and such is this put on all interview emails, bring any other evidence you that is not on file , to support your marriage or relationship ... Along those lines????
I have the same letter, and our visa office is Ankara. And I do have to pay the same $ 490.00. We are having interview in May as well, but I wont be there because it's way too expensive to travel for me.
My question to you, when did you start the sponsorship application?
Myself I did the following month after we got married.

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
I have the same letter, and our visa office is Ankara. And I do have to pay the same $ 490.00. We are having interview in May as well, but I wont be there because it's way too expensive to travel for me.
My question to you, when did you start the sponsorship application?
Myself I did the following month after we got married.
Oct 2, 2017 aor

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for replying, second thing? I need to pay permanent resident fee for my husband theyve requested we bring it in at interview as I'm in Jamaica on vacation just so happens when he goes for interview said I needed to be available by phone same time of his interview orrr if sponsor is in Jamaica I may attend interview as I'm not near my phone in Canada, anyways problem is immigration sent link to page that you first use ,o pay the 1040$ or pay the first half which I did, there's no part on the page with the 490$ for permanent resident fee alone nor on my online account!?? Please help would be wonderful..
Just to confirm - did you already pay the full $1040 or only the $550? If you paid in full just bring the receipt along with you.

If you only need to pay the $490, then follow this link, pay and print off a receipt. Make sure to save a copy of the receipt on your computer:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=8

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Hello I’m new to see this thread, it’s extremely helpful. I’m going to submit my file tomorrow for spousal visa, my question may be silly , but should I make a copy of all the documents that I’m submitting , in case they call my husband for interview and he doesn’t have any info on him.

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello I’m new to see this thread, it’s extremely helpful. I’m going to submit my file tomorrow for spousal visa, my question may be silly , but should I make a copy of all the documents that I’m submitting , in case they call my husband for interview and he doesn’t have any info on him.
Yes. It’s always best to make a copy for your records

Reshma Dewar

Mar 22, 2018
Hi.
I sent my passport n all necessary documentation through vfs upon request. I was told I can track my ppr application through a portal. I tried it says error in application. Contact your administrator. What does this mean. Please help

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Sometimes silly questions come with smart answers. No worries. Yes - make copies of everything. It's what I did.

Lele74

Apr 25, 2018
London
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22/01/2018
Doc's Request.
25/3/2018
File Transfer...
25/04/2018
Med's Request
25/03/2018
I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada with my two children (who are Canadian) we sent off our spousal sponsorship application whilst in England back in September and CIC lost the application, they have since apologized for this mishap. Since then we have moved back to Canada but my husband is still in England waiting on his application to be approved, CIC Mississauga received this on the 23rd of Jan, medical, police report provided on the 2nd April, medical has passed on CIC website and I am just looking for some information as to time scales. My husband applied for a working visa from England also and we are just not getting any feed back. Any help would be appreciative?? Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada with my two children (who are Canadian) we sent off our spousal sponsorship application whilst in England back in September and CIC lost the application, they have since apologized for this mishap. Since then we have moved back to Canada but my husband is still in England waiting on his application to be approved, CIC Mississauga received this on the 23rd of Jan, medical, police report provided on the 2nd April, medical has passed on CIC website and I am just looking for some information as to time scales. My husband applied for a working visa from England also and we are just not getting any feed back. Any help would be appreciative?? Thank you in advance
Typically outland is around 12 months from the time the application is received by IRCC.

Lele74

Apr 25, 2018
London
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22/01/2018
Doc's Request.
25/3/2018
File Transfer...
25/04/2018
Med's Request
25/03/2018
Typically outland is around 12 months from the time the application is received by IRCC.
Thank you for responding, will that be 13 months from when they first received the application (but lost it) or from the date they have put down on the update page which is January? They have confirmed in writing that they misplaced the application and apologiesed but this is where I am