Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi @Leon @kcward7 @Ukrainian girl

This is a bit out of context question. But i hope anyone out of you all can answer it based on your experience.
One of my friend in India married a Canadian citizen guy last year. The Canadian guy was divorcee prior to this marriage. So basically its second marriage for him. The canadian guy can not file the spousal application till June, 2018 due to the 3 years bar put by IRCC.
So my question is whether they should go for visitor visa first and then file spousal application or they should file spousal application first, get the UCI number and then file visitor visa. Which would be the beat option ?? Please advise..
From what I heard it might be difficult to obtain a visitor visa unless a person can prove that they got really strong ties to their home country and will return back after their visit. But it never hurts to try because applying for a visitor visa would have no affect on Spousal sponsorship app as it’s two different processes. So your friend could try either way and it wouldn’t really make a difference in my opinion.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Short trips are generally fine pending you meet the admissibility requirements to return to Canada. However, if you are denied for any reason your application will be denied. Long trips are not acceptable on an inland application.
if you were approved as the sponsor for her should be fine after if you leave the country

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Dear all,

Nice to join this forum. I am finalizing my outland application before submission, can anyone please confirm if my understanding is correct for my queries, thank you so much. :)

Background: I am Canadian citizen and want to sponsor my husband, we got a kid who already got certificate of citizenship. We live outside Canada now and decide to move back next year.

My queries:

1. IMM 0008 Personal details Q3 - How many family members, including you, are in this application? I should put 1, just my husband?

2. IMM 0008 - Add Dependent Section, I don’t need to input myself (sponsor) and our son as we both are Canadian citizens?

3. IMM 5532 Part A Q1 - monthly gross income, I should convert this to CAD from local currency?

Thanks again!
1. Just put 1 as you and your child are already Canadian citizens and can’t be sponsored.
2. No need to include the dependent section for the above reasons.
3. I would convert your income to CAD on this form and also attach a letter of explanation about it including the amount in local currency just in case.

Your husband will have to include you and your child on the IMM 5406 Additional family information though and make sure you include a copy of your child’s certificate of citizenship in the app.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
anybody can tell me more or less the timeline between they received the file from the person you sponsor and the landing date ?
for our case AOR June 9th and they proceed the file of my spouse that I sponsor april 9th 2018
thanks

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
is somebody have the excel sheet for inland 2017
Im inland but im with my wife since some months outside with her outside
AOR June 9th ....
See to my signature for INLAND timeline spreadsheet. This one does inland only. I dislike spreadsheets where it has mixture of outland and inland, too confusing.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Have you had anything similar?
For us its a different situation I did the inland sponsor from toronto (my wife lived for 8 years in canada !!)

She was waiting outside and now im waiting with her outside, since 2 weeks its in process for her on the website.

CIC asked us 3 months ago to pay the last rp fee (490$) and some police records that we couldnt provide (explanation letter and embassies emails)

now waiting
AOR June 9th

dickdickmui

Apr 17, 2018
1. Just put 1 as you and your child are already Canadian citizens and can’t be sponsored.
2. No need to include the dependent section for the above reasons.
3. I would convert your income to CAD on this form and also attach a letter of explanation about it including the amount in local currency just in case.

Your husband will have to include you and your child on the IMM 5406 Additional family information though and make sure you include a copy of your child’s certificate of citizenship in the app.
thanks for your reply;)

Reactions: Sureno2007

angelicgil

Dec 7, 2017
Question regarding my husband's address (Canadian address). His residential address is the same as his mailing address but it is a PO number. On the guide, I read just now that if PO box is not available, there should be street number. But the other day, when we were filling out the forms, his PO number won't fit in the PO box field of the form so I just put it on the street name field. What do you think is the best approach here?