Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In one of her posts, she mentioned that the PA is from a war torn country. That might be the reason.
Perhaps but there have been many applicants from such countries on the forum. I can't recall ever seeing a request to age 16 for anyone.

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
People often receive a request to go back to age 18 even after they have provided the 10 years. However, I've never seen a request to go back to age 16. I would clarify with the VO. Have you requested GCMS notes?
I suspect it may be trying to verify legal and illegal travel as well as document movements during claim for refugee status prior to getting married.

So I will most likely complete as much as possible and include additional notes to explain any discrepancies or missed information.

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Hi! Your reply is greatly appreciated on this. I just received an email from the cic requesting for my medical exam. However, i did not recieve a request for medical exam of my daughter who will also be accompanying me to Canada. Would it be possible that my daughter will not undergo medical tests anymore? Or is medical exam of may daughter necessary but have to wait for the cic to email me asking for such exam?

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Perhaps but there have been many applicants from such countries on the forum. I can't recall ever seeing a request to age 16 for anyone.
I have not requested GCMS notes, however, was informed that the application was awaiting officer review a couple weeks back and then received an invitation for pre-arrival services last week.

The new Schedule A has been completed. An additional explanation for each section is also complete and a travel history has been outlined in an excel document, further to be supported with the scanned pages of the passport. I don't have the last version of the Schedule A that I submitted as the computer it was on has since died so unable to check how far back I went with personal history. I know addresses covered 10 years.

If I remember correctly all documents need to be in a pdf format don't they?

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018

piyush_er

Aug 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question.

I and my wife are working in the U.S. I have got my CoPR recently and planning for landing in April. I declared my spouse non-accompanying on the application as she is planning to continue work in the U.S for some time.

However, I want to apply for her tourist visa before my landing so that she can at least visit me over some weekends/holidays. I will also start the sponsorship process once I move.
Questions -
What do you think are the chances of the refusal of visitor visa?
Would you advise against it?
If I apply and it gets denied, will it have any impact on future sponsorship process?

Thanks

piyush_er

Aug 28, 2017
Thank you!
So, while filling out the TRV for the spouse, what should be the answer to the following question? (I have a CoPR)

"do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?"

leo16

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18,2011
Doc's Request.
sent
Nomination.....
sent
AOR Received.
November 14th,2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
December 22, 2011
Med's Request
January 5th, 2012
Med's Done....
January17,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR step-1 issued on 6-03-2012, PPR step-2 on May 02,2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 15, 2012.
LANDED..........
24 July, 2012
Hi,
I applied for my husband spousal sponsorship on April 2017.
Well considerably my husband's case was complicated but we did not have any problems so far. CIC never sent us a request for additional documents. We got our acknowledgment of receipt after one month, and request for police clearance certificate and schedule A form, which we have sent. it took us a while for arranging police clearance certificate from home country, but we submitted it and got a medical request on November 2017. After one week of submitting medical our status got updated that medical is approved. but now, we have not heard from them so far. A message appears on his link that they will make a decision once they start reviewing his eligibility. So my question is; isn't he eligible after clearing his police & medical records. If yes then why have not we heard from them so far.Can inland applicants 2017 share their timeline?
your knowledge and response will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Leo

Reactions: lee9

lee9

Nov 22, 2017
Hi,
I applied for my husband spousal sponsorship on April 2017.
Well considerably my husband's case was complicated but we did not have any problems so far. CIC never sent us a request for additional documents. We got our acknowledgment of receipt after one month, and request for police clearance certificate and schedule A form, which we have sent. it took us a while for arranging police clearance certificate from home country, but we submitted it and got a medical request on November 2017. After one week of submitting medical our status got updated that medical is approved. but now, we have not heard from them so far. A message appears on his link that they will make a decision once they start reviewing his eligibility. So my question is; isn't he eligible after clearing his police & medical records. If yes then why have not we heard from them so far.Can inland applicants 2017 share their timeline?
your knowledge and response will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Leo
I am also going on same timeline as yours. Applied in April 2017. Same message goes for me, review of eligibility hasnt started yet. Lets hope for the best. April is near and around the corner.

leo16

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18,2011
Doc's Request.
sent
Nomination.....
sent
AOR Received.
November 14th,2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
December 22, 2011
Med's Request
January 5th, 2012
Med's Done....
January17,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 15, 2012.
LANDED..........
24 July, 2012
I am also going on same timeline as yours. Applied in April 2017. Same message goes for me, review of eligibility hasnt started yet. Lets hope for the best. April is near and around the corner.
Thanks for your response. Are you done with your medical as well? If yes, when was it?

Gwenmer

Feb 15, 2018
Hi guys, im new in this site.and i dont how to post a question. I just navigate and found this reply section. please i need about my application for PR. i jad finished all my requirements and ready to submit but my problem is my husband who is a dialysis patient. I declare him as non-accompanying and im aware that his situation will affect my application for PR. what kind of declaration he needs to provide to support my papers that he is not willing to immigrate to canada? please i really need help with this stressful situation.
thanks a lot

leo16

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18,2011
Doc's Request.
sent
Nomination.....
sent
AOR Received.
November 14th,2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
December 22, 2011
Med's Request
January 5th, 2012
Med's Done....
January17,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 15, 2012.
LANDED..........
24 July, 2012

leo16

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18,2011
Doc's Request.
sent
Nomination.....
sent
AOR Received.
November 14th,2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
December 22, 2011
Med's Request
January 5th, 2012
Med's Done....
January17,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 15, 2012.
LANDED..........
24 July, 2012
Hi guys, im new in this site.and i dont how to post a question. I just navigate and found this reply section. please i need about my application for PR. i jad finished all my requirements and ready to submit but my problem is my husband who is a dialysis patient. I declare him as non-accompanying and im aware that his situation will affect my application for PR. what kind of declaration he needs to provide to support my papers that he is not willing to immigrate to canada? please i really need help with this stressful situation.
thanks a lot
Hi,
It's not gonna affect your immigration if he is non accompanying. Just process your immigration and not his. But you have to mention his name in family declaration form. He doesn't have to declare anything for now. Once you get your canadian immigration it's up to you if you apply for him and it's upto cic if they grant him immigration as well despite his medical condition. Please note that if you don't mention his name in family declaring form, you will never be able to sponsor him later.
Thanks
Leo